Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Bernandino Shooting
Apparently 14 dead as three gunmen opened fire at a center for people with developmental disabilities.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/
Reply/Quote
Sincere condolences guys.

Bad time for Earth at the moment. The dark side is strong.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
This is sounding more like an organized attack of some kind than a random shooting.
Reply/Quote
Early reports are workplace violence. How the hell do you convince 2 other people to go along with you?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh. It's America. Just par for the course.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 10:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Early reports are workplace violence.  How the hell do you convince 2 other people to go along with you?

Pretty sure it's more than that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: 11209529_995757553824131_538953709328541...e=56F057C0]
Reply/Quote
Mass shootings still only account for a small percentage of shootings in the United States. The real problem that needs to be addressed is the unlimited access to guns by pretty much anyone who wants one. But unfortunately the only time people talk about gun control is when a freaking mental health case makes it news worthy. And every time that happens the gun supporters blame it on mental illness.

Most mass shootings are due to mental illness, but that is only a small party of the problem.

Many, many more people are shot over domestics disputes and drug deals gone bad. Many others are shot in accidents. Some people even argue that access to guns increases the suicide rate. But no matter how you spin the numbers it seems pretty clear that gun deaths and injuries are a major problem in the United States.

Right now it is perfectly legal for me to purchase guns with my clean background and walk down to the nearest street corner and sell them to the first person who walks up with cash. That is just crazy. But if you try to pass something as simple as registering guns with owners (just like we already do with cars), and the NRA crowd goes into propaganda overdrive
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 01:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mass shootings still only account for a small percentage of shootings in the United States.  The real problem that needs to be addressed is the unlimited access to guns by pretty much anyone who wants one.  But unfortunately the only time people talk about gun control is when a freaking mental health case makes it news worthy.  And every time that happens the gun supporters blame it on mental illness.

Most mass shootings are due to mental illness, but that is only a small party of the problem.

Many, many more people are shot over domestics disputes and drug deals gone bad.   Many others are shot in accidents.  Some people even argue that access to guns increases the suicide rate.  But no matter how you spin the numbers it seems pretty clear that gun deaths and injuries are a major problem in the United States.

Right now it is perfectly legal for me to purchase guns with my clean background and walk down to the nearest street corner and sell them to the first person who walks up with cash.  That is just crazy.  But if you try to pass something as simple as registering guns with owners (just like we already do with cars), and the NRA crowd goes into propaganda overdrive

It is not "unlimited access" to guns in California.
Far, far from it. 
It's illegal to buy a gun in Nevada (or any state) and bring it to California. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 01:59 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It is not "unlimited access" to guns in California.
Far, far from it. 
It's illegal to buy a gun in Nevada (or any state) and bring it to California. 

Still there are no background checks for private sells.  There is no gun registration.  Any crazy person or criminal can easily purchase just about anything he wants.

unless there are special state laws i don't know about.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 01:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mass shootings still only account for a small percentage of shootings in the United States.  The real problem that needs to be addressed is the unlimited access to guns by pretty much anyone who wants one.  But unfortunately the only time people talk about gun control is when a freaking mental health case makes it news worthy.  And every time that happens the gun supporters blame it on mental illness.

Many, many more people are shot over domestics disputes and drug deals gone bad.   Many others are shot in accidents.  Some people even argue that access to guns increases the suicide rate.  But no matter how you spin the numbers it seems pretty clear that gun deaths and injuries are a major problem in the United States.

Right now it is perfectly legal for me to purchase guns with my clean background and walk down to the nearest street corner and sell them to the first person who walks up with cash.  That is just crazy.  But if you try to pass something as simple as registering guns with owners (just like we already do with cars), and the NRA crowd goes into propaganda overdrive

You really think gun control is going to stop shootings from happening? 

Cmon. There is no way you are going to completely eliminate or even potentially decrease the amount of shootings based on gun control. There will ALWAYS be a black market for firearms and the people who really want to get a hold of guns will eventually get a hold of them.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

There has to be something more though.  Guns have always been readily available.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There has to be something more though.  Guns have always been readily available.  

Bloods and Crips shoot each other all the time. Drug cartels and drug dealers shoot competition all the time. McDonald's workers don't shoot Burger King Employees, and Target and Walmart haven't killed one another over prime turf. Coors and Budweiser are doing drive-bys on one another, but that was common during prohibition.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Still there are no background checks for private sells.  There is no gun registration.  Any crazy person or criminal can easily purchase just about anything he wants.

unless there are special state laws i don't know about.

There are state laws you don't know about.
Quote:Generally, it is illegal for any person who is not a California licensed firearms dealer (private party) to sell or transfer a firearm to another non-licensed person (private party) unless the sale is completed through a licensed California firearms dealer . A “Private Party Transfer” (PPT) can be conducted at any licensed California firearms dealership that sells handguns . The buyer and seller must complete the required DROS document in person at the licensed firearms dealership and deliver the firearm to the dealer who will retain possession of the firearm during the mandatory 10-day waiting period .
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You really think gun control is going to stop shootings from happening? 

Cmon. There is no way you are going to completely eliminate or even potentially decrease the amount of shootings based on gun control. There will ALWAYS be a black market for firearms and the people who really want to get a hold of guns will eventually get a hold of them.

Actually I do believe that laws effect behavior.

If your logic was correct then there would be no need for any law against anything.  
Reply/Quote
Turns out this husband and wife team had suspected ties to terrorists. I'm not surprised, and I'm just going to leave it right there.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I do believe that laws effect behavior.

If your logic was correct then there would be no need for any law against anything.  

Hhhmmmmm......and yet folks die from heroine overdoses at an alarming rate.  Isn't that shit illegal?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:10 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hhhmmmmm......and yet folks die from heroine overdoses at an alarming rate.  Isn't that shit illegal?

If it wasn't for the law banning heroin, I would do it 7 times a day. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:12 AM)6andcounting Wrote: If it wasn't for the law banning heroin, I would do it 7 times a day. Ninja

Yeah, but you're a Steeler fan, you have an excuse.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote