Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Bernandino Shooting
(12-07-2015, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing I am not willing to give up any of my freedom.  Strange how often someone pulls out that quote when it does not apply.

People want to trade away their rights to own guns to feel safer.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: People want to trade away their rights to own guns to feel safer.

Not any of the people here.  We are all talking about gun control laws, not gun elimination laws.  I know there are some extremists out there, but no one here is talking about taking away everyone's guns.

But even then that old statement is kind of silly.  I will gladly give up my "freedom" to drive 150 MPH on the freeway in exchange for the safety it gives me.  People who don't want to exchange that freedom for safety are pretty stupid.
Reply/Quote
A National Registry of Gun Owners...is that really a good idea?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually didn't the Democrats control the House for a number of years and all these gun laws didn't get passed?

Now that the Republicans control the house; it's their fault these laws do not get passed. 

With a super-majority in the Senate.  Yes, for nearly two years.

The only major thing they got passed was the ACA (aka "Obamacare").  Go figure.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:48 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: A National Registry of Gun Owners...is that really a good idea?

It is if you're a good little sheeple, and trust your good ol' corporate sellout Uncle Sam to never use that registry against you. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:48 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: A National Registry of Gun Owners...is that really a good idea?

National.  State.  Doesn't matter which, but a government registration process is a very good idea.  In fact it is essential to control liability and reduce the supply of guns to people that should not have them through private party transfers.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: National.  State.  Doesn't matter which, but a government registration process is a very good idea.  In fact it is essential to control liability and reduce the supply of guns to people that should not have them through private party transfers.

What sort of things are okay to have a national or state registry of and what things are not okay to have registered?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What sort of things are okay to have a national or state registry of and what things are not okay to have registered?

Anything dangerous.  Guns. Cars. Explosives. Toxic/poisonous chemicals. 

We need to keep track of this stuff.  Still allow people to buy the stuff if they need it, just regulate it for public safety.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anything dangerous.  Guns. Cars. Explosives. Toxic/poisonous chemicals. 

We need to keep track of this stuff.  Still allow people to buy the stuff if they need it, just regulate it for public safety.

What about cults/religions with ties to dangerous and violent groups? 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What about cults/religions with ties to dangerous and violent groups? 

The key term is liability......that way the ambulance chasers have another way to scrounge money when someone steals your piece and uses it in a crime.  Everyone's too lazy/chickenshit to go after REAL criminals, so they'll find another way to drain the working man. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What about cults/religions with ties to dangerous and violent groups? 

This is a toally different question, but I think we should have alist of these types of groups in order to keep an eye on them or so that we can locate others members if one member does soemthing dangerous.

A "list" does not hurt anyone.  So I generally have no problems with lists.  The only time I have aproblem is if the government uses the list for some improper reason.
Reply/Quote
Post San Bernardino Islamic terrorist attacks prompts soaring gun sales in California.

The more rhetoric about gun control/confiscation from the Bomma regime and the left, the more firearms sold. Not a good strategy by the left. Its self destructing.
This is not a gun problem, its a Muslim problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/12/calif-gun-purchases-surge-after-san-bernardino-shooting.html
Reply/Quote