Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dick Van Dyke considered a Clown?
I would think he would or should be but he isn't on any list that I can find...although I didn't look very hard.

I'm watching Mary Poppins with my Grand Daughter, that's why I ask, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Of all the random shit, this one takes it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I would think he would or should be but he isn't on any list that I can find...although I didn't look very hard.

I watched it tonight also, and it helped the stress of my wife dying last week....and I forgot how much he was in this movie, maybe more than Julie Andrews, because he plays the old mean bank president as well. ....I don't know of any lists of clowns, but he was multi talented.  Of course the Dick Van Dyke show was the top rated show for years until it went off after the 1965-1966 season.  Mary Poppins shows he was also a song and dance man. My sisters like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that I think he was in. Fitzwilly is a good Christmas movie.  Some like him in Cold Turkey. ...Then as an actor he was on that doctor detective TV show in his older age....and was in Night At The Museum of late....also was on Carol Burnett as a regular at the end.....and is very good in a movie called What A Way To Go, which is on YouTube and a funny movie with all the stars of back then, Shirley McClain, Dean Martin, Bob Cummings, Paul Newman, Robert Mitchum, Gene Kelly, but Dick Van Dyke starts it out and is very funny. ....I think of him as somebody who could do it all, comedy, drama, sing, dance.......he could do slapstick and take a fall like Chaplan or Keaton or later Chevy Chase. ....Now if you say the word Van like the word Than, it's a pretty funny name, but don't tell the grandkid. 

I remember when Walt Disney died, and Dick Van Dyke came on TV and said, " Don't worry kids, Disney movies and cartoons will still be made. Walt Disney would want that "....and Van Dyke was just the guy to come on TV and say that to all the kids. 

Here's to you watching Mary Poppins with your granddaughter this Holiday Season.....it's not the presents under the tree, it's the things like that. Take it from a guy who's wife passed away last week.  You were on it tonight being with the kid grandpa, Merry Christmas.....just watch Bengals Super Bowl films and in both, Bengals walk off the field with their kids on their shoulders....You did good tonight grandpa. You never stand so tall as when you bend over for a kid.  You were The Godfather bringing FAMILY to the family....Merry Christmas Pops, you did good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I would think he would or should be but he isn't on any list that I can find...although I didn't look very hard.

[Image: image.jpg]
Reply/Quote