Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trade With Jets
Ok, this is one of 3+ million scenarios that exist... but I think it is possible.

First, the Bengals Trade McCarron and our second round pick to the Jets for the #6 overall and Sheldon Richardson (the Jets make the trade because Trubinsky is off the board).

This gives us #6 and #9. The way my sim draft played out, we didn't have a player on the board at #9 that I loved, so I took the trade the Browns offered (3 second round picks and a third round pick... a steep price I know, and probably the most unlikely part of this scenario) And after all was said and done, this is what the result of the draft was...

Round 1 Pick 6: Jonathan Allen, DT/DE, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 1: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt
Round 2 Pick 14: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State
Round 2 Pick 20: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
Round 3 Pick 1: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 9: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
Round 4 Pick 9: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 9: Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga
Round 7 Pick 9: Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Alek Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's a nice haul of talent, but there's one thing that sticks out..

Why draft Allen if you pick up Richardson from the Jets? Basically the same player.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's a nice haul of talent, but there's one thing that sticks out..

Why draft Allen if you pick up Richardson from the Jets?  Basically the same player.

I would play one as a DE and the other as a DT

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's a nice haul of talent, but there's one thing that sticks out..

Why draft Allen if you pick up Richardson from the Jets?  Basically the same player.

I considered Barnett, but Allen is worth the #6 pick, I couldn't justify Barnett. At #9 maybe, but not 6

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:31 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I would play one as a DE and the other as a DT

I could see that.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:35 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I considered Barnett, but Allen is worth the #6 pick, I couldn't justify Barnett. At #9 maybe, but not 6

I think that's the problem for the Bengals this year.  There's nobody outside of Garrett that is truly worth a top 10 pick an edge rusher.

I know Solomon Thomas gets a lot of love on here, but he seems like he is more of a Geno Atkins type then an edge rusher.

Where else do we have strong needs?  OT, C, WR, RB?  Really no top 10 guys outside of Fournette in that group either.  It's a bad year for the Bengals to be drafting at #9.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 01:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think that's the problem for the Bengals this year.  There's nobody outside of Garrett that is truly worth a top 10 pick an edge rusher.

I know Solomon Thomas gets a lot of love on here, but he seems like he is more of a Geno Atkins type then an edge rusher.

Where else do we have strong needs?  OT, C, WR, RB?  Really no top 10 guys outside of Fournette in that group either.  It's a bad year for the Bengals to be drafting at #9.

Which is why I think the bengals go ahead and make a move like this with the Jets, take a BPA and then trade out of #9. It gives them a highly rated player, but also gives them the ability to trade down and accumulate more picks.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
Rep to anyone drafting Hawkeyes!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 12:49 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Ok, this is one of 3+ million scenarios that exist... but I think it is possible.

First, the Bengals Trade McCarron and our second round pick to the Jets for the #6 overall and Sheldon Richardson (the Jets make the trade because Trubinsky is off the board).

This gives us #6 and #9.  The way my sim draft played out, we didn't have a player on the board at #9 that I loved, so I took the trade the Browns offered (3 second round picks and a third round pick... a steep price I know, and probably the most unlikely part of this scenario) And after all was said and done, this is what the result of the draft was...

Round 1 Pick 6: Jonathan Allen, DT/DE, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 1: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt
Round 2 Pick 14: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State
Round 2 Pick 20: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
Round 3 Pick 1: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 9: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
Round 4 Pick 9: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh
Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
Round 5 Pick 9: Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga
Round 7 Pick 9: Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Alek Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

This trade values AJM as a mid to high 1st round pick? Plus we get Sheldon so it's even higher. It's a nice dream but I would consider the Jets 2 as a good haul for AJM. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 03:57 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: This trade values AJM as a mid to high 1st round pick? Plus we get Sheldon so it's even higher. It's a nice dream but I would consider the Jets 2 as a good haul for AJM. 

It values the QB position more so than AJM. The Jets need a QB and are willing to part ways with S Richardson. So we do them a favor by taking Richardsons salary off of their books, give them a QB to build with, and a top 45 pick. We get a troubled DL and a 1st rounder out of the deal. It's pretty even if you really think about it.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 07:02 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: It values the QB position more so than AJM. The Jets need a QB and are willing to part ways with S Richardson. So we do them a favor by taking Richardsons salary off of their books, give them a QB to build with, and a top 45 pick. We get a troubled DL and a 1st rounder out of the deal. It's pretty even if you really think about it.

I'm referring to if you were to look at the trade value chart

Bengals get:
Pick 6= 1600 points
Sheldon = 0 for arguments sake 

Jets get 
Pick 41 = 490 points 
AJM= 1600-490= 1110= roughly pick 14. 

And that's if Sheldon Richardson is worthless.

i don't think any team values AJM like a mid 1st round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 07:27 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: I'm referring to if you were to look at the trade value chart

Bengals get:
Pick 6= 1600 points
Sheldon = 0 for arguments sake 

Jets get 
Pick 41 = 490 points 
AJM= 1600-490= 1110= roughly pick 14. 

And that's if Sheldon Richardson is worthless.

i don't think any team values AJM like a mid 1st round pick. 

You aren't taking into consideration the salary we are absorbing and the salary cap space the Jets would save with McCarron compared to a 1st round QB. I understand the point scale, but it doesn't equate for desperation within the Jets organization.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote