Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SanFran Weather Sunday= The Hill Show?
Just looking at the weather forecast in San Francisco and it looks like there's going to be 65% chance of rain when the game starts, going up to 95% by the end of the first quarter or so, and I doubt we make AJ try to throw in those conditions, so do we see a heavy dose of Hill?

The Niners are garbage against the run- 31st in the league- so are our coaches smart for once and decide to give Hill the ball?

I was pissed last week that we didn't give Hill the ball from the 4 last week on 2nd down, and throw a screen instead, which was idiotic that close to the endzone, and the result was Andy getting hurt (and us not scoring).

Does Hill go off like I think he will?
Reply/Quote
I think there's a really good chance SF sells out against the run to make the backup QB bet them. Might be a good play action kinda day. Face it, the kid is going to have to throw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:59 AM)McC Wrote: I think there's a really good chance SF sells out against the run to make the backup QB bet them.  Might be a good play action kinda day.  Face it, the kid is going to have to throw.

I hope they do. Means bombs away for AJ and screens to Gio.
Reply/Quote
The game is being played in san jose.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:21 PM)J24 Wrote: The game is being played in san jose.

Do you know the way?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:21 PM)J24 Wrote: The game is being played in san jose.

Santa Clara. Either way the weather will be very similar to the conditions in Frisco...

Jeremy Hill has had all year to go off, and he hasn't. I don't think he does tomorrow either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: Jeremy Hill has had all year to go off, and he hasn't. I don't think he does tomorrow either.

Unless we take go off to mean unsportsman like conduct penalty
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just looking at the weather forecast in San Francisco and it looks like there's going to be 65% chance of rain when the game starts, going up to 95% by the end of the first quarter or so, and I doubt we make AJ try to throw in those conditions, so do we see a heavy dose of Hill?

The Niners are garbage against the run- 31st in the league- so are our coaches smart for once and decide to give Hill the ball?

I was pissed last week that we didn't give Hill the ball from the 4 last week on 2nd down, and throw a screen instead, which was idiotic that close to the endzone, and the result was Andy getting hurt (and us not scoring).

I would not call it the Hill show.. but i could see more RB carries out of both Hill and Gio
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Hill Show has been mostly commercials.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: Santa Clara. Either way the weather will be very similar to the conditions in Frisco...

Jeremy Hill has had all year to go off, and he hasn't. I don't think he does tomorrow either.

He hasn't had a chance to beyond the first two games because we quit giving him the ball.

Look at the two games before the Steelers' game:

16 carries, 86 yards, 5.4 average
22 carries, 98 yards, 4.5 average

Hill gets better as he gets into a rhythm.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He hasn't had a chance to beyond the first two games because we quit giving him the ball.

Look at the two games before the Steelers' game:

16 carries, 86 yards, 5.4 average
22 carries, 98 yards, 4.5 average

Hill gets better as he gets into a rhythm.

Nice try BFritz, but his carries have nothing to do with it. Enjoy lying to yourself about it though. He had good games those days because he was going against I think the 27th and 32nd (at the time) run defenses in a blowout win.

He has had 8 games with over 10 carries so far this year. In those games he has a total of 128 carries for 481 yards (3.75 YPC). Better than his season total? Sure, by a whopping 0.18 YPC.

Jeremy Hill had 8 runs of 20+ yards on 222 carries in 2014, including two TDs of at least 60 yards. This year he has 0 in 169 carries with a long of 17. Nobody is going to give a person 20+ carries if their first 12 carries gives them 21 yards. The drives simply don't last long enough with that to get enough carries, unless winning is less important than giving Hill 20+ carries. It's not just his YPC that's down, either. He also went from 8 yards per catch to 5.6. So there's a couple answers to the question of what's wrong with Hill...

1. Maybe there's an injury he's dealing with.
2. Maybe he was just a 9 game flash in the pan. (Peyton Hillis, anyone? He had a 994 yard, 4.5 YPC, 11-game stretch in 2010, had 3.6 YPC his next season, 3.6 YPC the year after that, 3.4 YPC after that.)
3. Maybe he was just the benefit of some really good run blocking last year making him not have to work for his yards like he has to this year? (Remember that 5 game stretch in 2012 when he had 543 yards at 5.1 YPC where he basically ran through enormous holes untouched? This possibility is less likely since Gio is still tearing it up with the same blocking.)
4. He's Jay Bruce's twin brother, hot and cold streaks are a family trait, and he's in the middle of the world's largest cold streak.

None of them are "he's not getting enough carries at 3.6 YPC" though. While he should be pretty good again against a truly awful run defense, I think we need to remind ourselves not to pretend that a good performance here means Hill is "back".

This is a defense Duke Johnson Jr and Isaiah Crowell put up 223 yards at 6.78 YPC on. So if he DOESN'T have a good game it'll be saying something serious. So I have no problem figuring he'll have a good game, but I will admit I am a bit worried about the rain though causing him to put one or two on the ground though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 11:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just looking at the weather forecast in San Francisco and it looks like there's going to be 65% chance of rain when the game starts, going up to 95% by the end of the first quarter or so, and I doubt we make AJ try to throw in those conditions, so do we see a heavy dose of Hill?

It could rain or snow in the playoffs....They need to play their regular game, and McCarron has to work on his passes and get the timing down of the starting receivers and he only has 4 starts to do this in. By play-offs, the timing has to be there or else we are one and done again.....Rain or no rain, McCarron has to throw 50 % of the time....50 % run, 50 % pass....our basic Bengals games.....nothing changes except the QB.....McCarron has to get his reps in to practice and get up to speed for play-offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Million dollar question: have the Bengals ever won in SF? And yes I know it's Santa Clara now.
Reply/Quote
40% of light showers...54 degrees...football weather
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:00 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Million dollar question: have the Bengals ever won in SF?  And yes I know it's Santa Clara now.

Yes.

In 1974. First ever game played between the two teams. 49ers lead the series 8-3, all games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Forget Hill we can't depend on him to win us a game. I'd rather give it to Gio through short passes and runs all day.

I don't know what Hill's deal is this year but Gio is the man for now.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 04:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nice try BFritz, but his carries have nothing to do with it. Enjoy lying to yourself about it though. He had good games those days because he was going against I think the 27th and 32nd (at the time) run defenses in a blowout win.

He has had 8 games with over 10 carries so far this year. In those games he has a total of 128 carries for 481 yards (3.75 YPC). Better than his season total? Sure, by a whopping 0.18 YPC.

Jeremy Hill had 8 runs of 20+ yards on 222 carries in 2014, including two TDs of at least 60 yards. This year he has 0 in 169 carries with a long of 17. Nobody is going to give a person 20+ carries if their first 12 carries gives them 21 yards. The drives simply don't last long enough with that to get enough carries, unless winning is less important than giving Hill 20+ carries. It's not just his YPC that's down, either. He also went from 8 yards per catch to 5.6. So there's a couple answers to the question of what's wrong with Hill...

1. Maybe there's an injury he's dealing with.
2. Maybe he was just a 9 game flash in the pan. (Peyton Hillis, anyone? He had a 994 yard, 4.5 YPC, 11-game stretch in 2010, had 3.6 YPC his next season, 3.6 YPC the year after that, 3.4 YPC after that.)
3. Maybe he was just the benefit of some really good run blocking last year making him not have to work for his yards like he has to this year? (Remember that 5 game stretch in 2012 when he had 543 yards at 5.1 YPC where he basically ran through enormous holes untouched? This possibility is less likely since Gio is still tearing it up with the same blocking.)
4. He's Jay Bruce's twin brother, hot and cold streaks are a family trait, and he's in the middle of the world's largest cold streak.

None of them are "he's not getting enough carries at 3.6 YPC" though. While he should be pretty good again against a truly awful run defense, I think we need to remind ourselves not to pretend that a good performance here means Hill is "back".

This is a defense Duke Johnson Jr and Isaiah Crowell put up 223 yards at 6.78 YPC on. So if he DOESN'T have a good game it'll be saying something serious. So I have no problem figuring he'll have a good game, but I will admit I am a bit worried about the rain though causing him to put one or two on the ground though.

I think a lot of it has to do with the circumstances. Last year because of all the injuries cincinnati was forced to line up and play smash mouth,  extra tackle, run behind a fullback football. J. Hill is built for that, it's a scheme close to  lsu's,  it's what he's  comfortable with. 

This year with most of our weapons at our disposal again it's  back to the west coast, single back, read option type scheme that this team thrives in. Unfortunately Jeremy doesn't. I hold out hope that he will someday though.  

Reply/Quote
The last time we played there we shit pants in prime time. I believe JT O'Sullivan, the worst qb in the history of sports was involved either for them or for us. Either he beat us, which is completely humiliating, or he played for us, also completely humiliating.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The last time we played there we shit pants in prime time. I believe JT O'Sullivan, the worst qb in the history of sports was involved either for them or for us. Either he beat us, which is completely humiliating, or he played for us, also completely humiliating.

I thought Cleveland was shit pants for the way they play and distinctly shitty color of their pants. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Nope it did not = the Hill show
Reply/Quote