Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanders 1st TD catch
Wondered how he got so open. Watching the replay Sanders pushes off on Pacman at the 10 to get space. His coverage was pretty tight up to the pushoff.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 02:35 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Wondered how he got so open.  Watching the replay Sanders pushes off on Pacman at the 10 to get space.  His coverage was pretty tight up to the pushoff.

I wondered the same thing when it happened. Saw the overhead replay on the broadcast and thought I saw a push off too and mentioned it in the game day thread but no one else seemed to notice so I assumed I must have been seeing things. Would love a link to watch it again if you've got it.

Also I didn't hear pacman complain which further made me question my eyes. Think I heard an interview where he said he was out of position or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup, I want seeing things either.

BS
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw it as Pacman was getting grabby and they were hand fighting down the field. I think it was the right no call because he had beat Pacman off the double move and Pacman tried grabbing him as he caught up.
Reply/Quote
I don't have a link but saw it on the replay on NFL gamepass. At the 39:50 mark Fouts reviews the play from the overhead view and you can see Sanders reach back and push on Pacman and his head pops back and Sanders gets the space to make the catch. Was at the game and couldn't figure out how he was so open. Now I know. Pacman had a tough day but Sanders got help on that one
Reply/Quote
The Broncos have said after the game that the Bengals Defensive Backs are susceptible to double moves. Perhaps that is something they can work on and fix for the future??
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:15 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: I don't have a link but saw it on the replay on NFL gamepass.  At the 39:50 mark Fouts reviews the play from the overhead view and you can see Sanders reach back and push on Pacman and his head pops back and Sanders gets the space to make the catch.  Was at the game and couldn't figure out how he was so open.  Now I know.  Pacman had a tough day but Sanders got help on that one

Once again he was trying to break free from Pacman grabbing him. Pacman was beat and risking the PI to not give up the TD. Pacman will tell you he was beat.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Broncos have said after the game that the Bengals Defensive Backs are susceptible to double moves. Perhaps that is something they can work on and fix for the future??

So in this instance in particular it was kind of the perfect storm. We showed blitz,and when you are bringing pressure, especially an all out like on this play, you assume the QB is going to get it out hot. Sanders went with a sluggo I believe, so Pacman was playing off and when he saw slant knowing the pressure he bit on the slant expecting it to come out hot so he broke down on it, but they either had the perfect call or checked it at the line because sanders broke it off upfield and Pacman was out of position and beat. It was cover one so Illoka was playing deep center shading towards Dre, but by the time he came over to help it was too late.

If this is what they saw on film, then it is just part of bringing pressure in a man blitz. Based on down and distance you can't play too soft on the underneath or else you give up the first down. It is all part of the chess match that is football.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I saw it as Pacman was getting grabby and they were hand fighting down the field. I think it was the right no call because he had beat Pacman off the double move and Pacman tried grabbing him as he caught up.

from what I Saw he got arm barred at about the ten... But he was also out of position.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:20 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Broncos have said after the game that the Bengals Defensive Backs are susceptible to double moves. Perhaps that is something they can work on and fix for the future??

I believed they said something of Pacmans aggressive play style made him suspectable to the double move.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: from what I Saw he got arm barred at about the ten... But he was also out of position.

Who got arm barred? CB's Arm bar, WR's only arm bar if they are going to lose a deep ball which it was too early in the route for it. He chucked him off the fake which is normal because Pacman was in his path as he was moving up field.....but it's a legal move towards the ball up field. In the end there was nothing nefarious about the play. It is a normal football play, that isn't even worth talking about other than pacman getting beat jumping inside.

Edit: I see what you are saying now at the Bengals 10. I think he was slapping his arm down, still a legal move.
Reply/Quote

Our CBs tend to specialize in press man coverage, so biting on double moves isn't uncommon.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Our CBs tend to specialize in press man coverage, so biting on double moves isn't uncommon.

They were playing off there I think. It's tough to tell because Dre is off in the stack to the other side. I found a clip of the over top few, but it is after the double move as Pacman gets beat.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were playing off there I think. It's tough to tell because Dre is off in the stack to the other side. I found a clip of the over top few, but it is after the double move as Pacman gets beat.

Exactly, they're used to being aggressive, so they'll usually bite when they're back in zone. Used to happen to Joseph at times. He was also prone to biting on double moves.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Exactly, they're used to being aggressive, so they'll usually bite when they're back in zone. Used to happen to Joseph at times. He was also prone to biting on double moves.

I see what you mean now, Pacman doesn't normally get lost in space though. I think it was because he was playing off man saw him break inside and knowing pressure was coming and down and distance (3rd and 5) he was breaking inside to get the underneath. He plays aggressive, but at the same time if he played it soft and they converted the slant for a 1st we'd all be pissed. kind of no win.
Reply/Quote
I've watched it about 20 times now and can't see any contact at all by either on the route until Sanders reaches back and pushes pacman and they go from no separation to about 2 yds at the 10 yd line. Perfect pass by the rookie too.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:03 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: I've watched it about 20 times now and can't see any contact at all by either on the route until Sanders reaches back and pushes pacman and they go from no separation to about 2 yds at the 10 yd line.  Perfect pass by the rookie too.

You have to see the full play from above. I found it online on youtube in a full game replay. He beats him then pacman starts grabbing and sanders doesn't get good separation until he swats his hand off him at the 10.
Reply/Quote
When watching the play live I thought PacMan gave up not he play thinking the ball wasn't going to be thrown in his direction.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote