Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Hook Lawsuit
(02-24-2016, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: What are the intended applications of assault rifles?

Suppressive fire, pinning the assailant/s down until law enforcement arrives.
Ninja
(02-24-2016, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: Come on.  You're still reaching.  All of those things are made for a certain purpose, none of which is to kill.  What are the intended applications of assault rifles?

I'm not talking about all guns.  I've already said that.  But what business does the general population have owning such weapons?  Selling them to the public is irresponsible.  I haven't yet seen you argue against that.  Let's stick to comparing apples to apples, not apples to lawn mowers.

I have provided the arguement before. The purpose behind a high-powered weapon is the same as a high-powered car. Folks want things they want. If you operate either as they were designed to be laws can be broken and folks can be killed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 01:43 PM)McC Wrote: Come on.  You're still reaching.  All of those things are made for a certain purpose, none of which is to kill.  What are the intended applications of assault rifles?

I'm not talking about all guns.  I've already said that.  But what business does the general population have owning such weapons?  Selling them to the public is irresponsible.  I haven't yet seen you argue against that.  Let's stick to comparing apples to apples, not apples to lawn mowers.

You do realize that the term "assault rifle" was something made up by the media? Big bad scary black gun was too racist sounding for them. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle". There are battle rifles, such as the M16 and M4, and there are sporting rifles such as the AR15. 

The purpose of a sporting rifle, is just that, sport. Be it competition shooting events like 3 gun or hunting. The purpose of a battle rifle is to be carried into battle. 
(02-24-2016, 05:08 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: You do realize that the term "assault rifle" was something made up by the media? Big bad scary black gun was too racist sounding for them. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle". There are battle rifles, such as the M16 and M4, and there are sporting rifles such as the AR15. 

The purpose of a sporting rifle, is just that, sport. Be it competition shooting events like 3 gun or hunting. The purpose of a battle rifle is to be carried into battle. 

Sportsman.  Right.  I don't know, killing a bunch of kids sounds like assault to me.  Hand guns, hunting rifles, got no problem with them. Do sportsman really need 22 round clips?

As far as hunting goes, never really been impressed with hiding in a tree covered in piss or hormones with a high powered rifle with a telescope on it and picking off deer down below for the sport of it.  Do4sn't strike me as all that sporting.  You wanna impress me?  Walk out into the woods and wrestle with one and bring him home. 

Bow hunting is different. 

Do people really hunt with AR 15's?  They aren't about sport.   They're about the powerful feeling of putting big holes in things.

I said in the beginning that the lawsuit is a waste because the law is what it is, btw.  I'm no liberal wanting to take people's guns away but I do think there are limits and imo, an AR 15 is over the limit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Do people really hunt with AR 15's?  They aren't about sport.   They're about the powerful feeling of putting big holes in things.

AR 15's don't shoot particularly large rounds.  Quite a misconception here.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(02-24-2016, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Sportsman.  Right.  I don't know, killing a bunch of kids sounds like assault to me.  Hand guns, hunting rifles, got no problem with them. Do sportsman really need 22 round clips?

As far as hunting goes, never really been impressed with hiding in a tree covered in piss or hormones with a high powered rifle with a telescope on it and picking off deer down below for the sport of it.  Do4sn't strike me as all that sporting.  You wanna impress me?  Walk out into the woods and wrestle with one and bring him home. 

Do people really hunt with AR 15's? 

I use a single-shot, double-barrel, or a flintlock muzzle loader. I never understood folks that used any semi-auto, let alone something like an AR-15, for hunting.
(02-24-2016, 05:35 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: AR 15's don't shoot particularly large rounds.  Quite a misconception here.

I don't know much about it, so I googled it.  They look pretty big to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(02-24-2016, 05:38 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know much about it, so I googled it.  They look pretty big to me.

Here.   AR 15 typical round is the third from the left.

[Image: 090204_101_bulletcaliber.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 05:43 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Here.   AR 15 typical round is the third from the left.

[Image: 090204_101_bulletcaliber.jpg]

Okay.  The photo I saw didn't have this kind of frame of reference.  A 22 round clip, though?  Where is the need for that?

(02-24-2016, 05:48 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  The photo I saw didn't have this kind of frame of reference.  A 22 round clip, though?  Where is the need for that?

Some people are not very good shots and Varmints are sometimes quick little bastards.   Cool

(02-24-2016, 05:48 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  The photo I saw didn't have this kind of frame of reference.  A 22 round clip, though?  Where is the need for that?

what good is an assult rifle if it doesnt hold any ammo

Let me give you 200 rounds of ammo and 2 five round magazines to practice at the range with, then you can get back with me.

Stopping every 5 rounds would not help train muscle memory very well.
The more shots in a row, the easier to gain proficiency. 

Also.... go on a hog hunt with 5 rounds. ...lol
(02-24-2016, 09:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Also.... go on a hog hunt with 5 rounds. ...lol

No joke, I know someone that hunts hogs with a knife.
(02-24-2016, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No joke, I know someone that hunts hogs with a knife.

I hunt bear with a fly swatter. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hunt bear with a fly swatter. 

I prefer a .270, but whatever.
(02-24-2016, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hunt bear with a fly swatter. 

You need a weapon?

Wimp.
(02-24-2016, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Sportsman.  Right.  I don't know, killing a bunch of kids sounds like assault to me.  Hand guns, hunting rifles, got no problem with them. Do sportsman really need 22 round clips?

Do people really hunt with AR 15's?  They aren't about sport.   They're about the powerful feeling of putting big holes in things.

I said in the beginning that the lawsuit is a waste because the law is what it is, btw.  I'm no liberal wanting to take people's guns away but I do think there are limits and imo, an AR 15 is over the limit.
I hunt coyote and groundhog with them. If i want to put a big hole in something  ill get a .338 lapua, or .50 bmg. If i want a smaller hole i'll use 5.56mm. The thing u guys dont realize about why the AR platform is so popular is because it's modular. With one gun i can shoot multiple calibers and have a nearly unlimited number of accessory options for a variety of purposespurposes for a fraction of the cost of buying separate gunsguns for each purpose.

Imagine with just a few parts change you could have a Prius, mini van, pickup truck and sports car all in one.

Lets not forget that in 2013 knives were used to kill 5x more people than all types of rifles combined. Are we going to start banning "assault knives" next?
(02-24-2016, 10:04 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I hunt coyote and groundhog with them. If i want to put a big hole in something  ill get a .338 lapua, or .50 bmg. If i want a smaller hole i'll use 5.56mm. The thing u guys dont realize about why the AR platform is so popular is because it's modular. With one gun i can shoot multiple calibers and have a nearly unlimited number of accessory options for a variety of purposespurposes for a fraction of the cost of buying separate gunsguns for each purpose.

Imagine with just a few parts change you could have a Prius, mini van, pickup truck and sports car all in one.

Lets not forget that in 2013 knives were used to kill 5x more people than all types of rifles combined. Are we going to start banning "assault knives" next?

It was an assault machete used in Columbus 
(02-24-2016, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No joke, I know someone that hunts hogs with a knife.

He uses dogs as well, does he not ?
If not, color me impressed.
ThumbsUp
(02-24-2016, 10:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He uses dogs as well, does he not ?
If not, color me impressed.
ThumbsUp

He does. Brings them to bay and then cuts the throat. Hell, that impresses me still. I'd rather hit one from a distance, those suckers are mean.