Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu Drills A 60-Yard Field Goal!
(07-02-2015, 01:36 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't think he's going to beat out Sanu but given his size and quickness I imagine he is a better fit than either wright or Moore in the slot. Also Burkhead might be good in the slot.

Last year Moore ran 13 routes from the slot out of a total 157, he ain't a slot receiver. I don't think we want him there anyways. Line him up outside and separate like basically no one else here can. 

But for Alford, definitely better short area quickness for short and intermediate routes. Depends on how he picks up the playbook and expands his route tree.

Burkhead needs to be there more I agree.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Quick, defend more!
Jesus. 

He was alright but when actually tasked with being a #1 WR, he faded hard down the stretch when he was needed the most. 

Doesn't mean he can magically beat man coverage. Or do you think he can now? 

You do not have to beat man coverage when you can out muscle virtually any DB in the game. He is not a guy that is meant to be the #1 for a team. Rather he is a versatile complimentary receiver.
Reply/Quote
Why are they having him kicking field goals in practice?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 08:17 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why are they having him kicking field goals in practice?

He wasn't at practice.

It looks like he was just messing around at Rutgers while he was likely working out with the team (you can see the "R" on the field) like a lot of pro athletes, especially young ones, do.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 06:02 AM)OSUfan Wrote: You do not have to beat man coverage when you can out muscle virtually any DB in the game. He is not a guy that is meant to be the #1 for a team. Rather he is a versatile complimentary receiver.

Exactly, we only need him to be a WR3 at best. If you took all the WR3 from each team around the league, I feel he would be top 10.

He is pretty much our Randel El...
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think we wanted a TJ 2.0

Sanu's inconsistent hands and inability to beat man coverage though are a big concern.
He'd better be careful or he may end up the 4th WR sooner rather than later.

I was one of the biggest Sanu fans in the draft. But his development in the NFL has been near non-existent. 

Sanu's skill set coming out of Rutgers was very Housh-esque. Sanu was supposed to be great in a WCO running routes no deeper than 10 yards and use his "reliable pass catching" across the middle. While being labeled as a very slow receiver who will never be able to run past DBs, he was also labeled as being able to get good separation.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/mohamed-sanu?id=2533040

It seems that separation and those reliable mitts are fading away, but perhaps they could return if he was used more in the slot. MLJ will need to return to his 2013 ways and Moore will need to fill into that outside WR role well in case of an injury to MLJ or Green.

Back to the original topic though of the 60-yard FG...this seems to be getting a lot of attention across national media...is it really that big of a deal? Seems more like stretching to find something exciting during the lull period before TC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 02:00 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Last year Moore ran 13 routes from the slot out of a total 157, he ain't a slot receiver. I don't think we want him there anyways. Line him up outside and separate like basically no one else here can. 

But for Alford, definitely better short area quickness for short and intermediate routes. Depends on how he picks up the playbook and expands his route tree.

Burkhead needs to be there more I agree.

Bingo.

Green and MLJ should be the starters on the outside with Moore and Wright backing them up.
Sanu should be the starter in the slot with Alford as a backup and gadget playmaker.
Bernard and Burkhead can also play some in the slot and should see at least a few snaps from that spot.

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I finally like the list of receiving that the Bengals have. A big improvement compared to last year (hopefully).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I doubt Sanu goes anywhere. I have a feeling that the team will see if Sanu will light it up since he's going to be looking for a new deal next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you might be being a little tough on Mo. I've always been a Mo fan but i realize he's never going to be a #1 type WR in the long run. He's big and uses his body and hands well. Speaking of hands...the only thing i see he needs to correct is the drops. He is and always will be a solid #2/#3, depending on the circumstances. 

Separation is overrated. As long as you know how to use positioning and you can catch the ball away from your body, you're good. He's able to do those things. Knowledge is the biggest thing he should and will continue to draw from as he progresses year to year. It's on the Bengals to use him properly. If someone envisions him being their #1 and continuing to develop into that role, they're more than likely going to be disappointed. 

His versatility is a huge plus for him as well. 

I was one of the original Mo fans in the old draft fans. But he's not exactly progressing. 
Being able to separate, shield and position is part of beating man coverage. He doesn't do those things consistently or well enough to be a real threat. 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 06:02 AM)OSUfan Wrote: You do not have to beat man coverage when you can out muscle virtually any DB in the game. He is not a guy that is meant to be the #1 for a team. Rather he is a versatile complimentary receiver.

He can't do that. If he could he wouldn't have been invisible as often.
He's not a #1. 
He hasn't shown he's reliable. His versatility is what? Trick plays? He eats up zone defense from the slot. That's his niche. 
Reply/Quote
He's made some big plays.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we would do worse with him at QB. Rolleyes
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He can't do that. If he could he wouldn't have been invisible as often.
He's not a #1. 
He hasn't shown he's reliable. His versatility is what? Trick plays? He eats up zone defense from the slot. That's his niche. 

Yes he can out muscle virtually any DB in the league. Not sure who you have been watching.

Glad we agree he is not a #1. However, when forced into the role because of injury he played quite well.

Has not shown he is reliable? Can you please link me to where the staff finds Sanu unreliable?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 08:17 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why are they having him kicking field goals in practice?

Why would you assume this is at a Bengals practice?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I was one of the original Mo fans in the old draft fans. But he's not exactly progressing. 
Being able to separate, shield and position is part of beating man coverage. He doesn't do those things consistently or well enough to be a real threat.

As a #1, no. He doesn't have the skills to do that from beginning to end. As a #2, arguably. As a #3, definitely. Fortunately for the Bengals, they have 2 guys ahead of him that will allow him to be a threat, where he belongs. 

As long as he can hold on to the ball...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 07:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yes he can out muscle virtually any DB in the league. Not sure who you have been watching.

Glad we agree he is not a #1. However, when forced into the role because of injury he played quite well.

Has not shown he is reliable? Can you please link me to where the staff finds Sanu unreliable?

Oh so just resorting back to irrelevant bullshit?
Not reliable would be....leading the league in drops. 

Oops. Try again. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As a #1, no. He doesn't have the skills to do that from beginning to end. As a #2, arguably. As a #3, definitely. Fortunately for the Bengals, they have 2 guys ahead of him that will allow him to be a threat, where he belongs. 

As long as he can hold on to the ball...

He has yet to do it in any role. 
If Denarius Moore shows any ability....Sanu might be on the outside looking in come 2016. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:52 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He has yet to do it in any role. 
If Denarius Moore shows any ability....Sanu might be on the outside looking in come 2016. 

He's done it in spurts in each role. Consistency and drops are the issue. 

I'll bet you Thirty-seven dollars and fourteen cents that it will take Moore catching everything and the kitchen sink from now until the end of preseason for him to move ahead of Sanu. This coaching staff isn't going to put him on the field consistently unless its painfully obvious he belongs there. And then, it's still a crap shoot. Loyalty is a trait the Bengals have in spades and they're not going to set Sanu aside, for an "outsider", for anything short of Pro Bowl level play.

I'd be thrilled with a top 4 of Green, Jones, Sanu and Moore. Thriiiiiiiilled.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think Sanu can be a reel good slot WR for us but he has to show more consistent hands.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:51 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh so just resorting back to irrelevant bullshit?
Not reliable would be....leading the league in drops. 

Oops. Try again. 

Well he did not lead the league in drops so not sure why you would bring it up. So what you are saying is that you would not like to have Demaryius Thomas since he is near the top of the league every year in dropped passes correct?
Reply/Quote