Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu linked to ATL at 7mil per year
Here we are
Reply/Quote
Deal is done. Feel bad for Dalton, but he has Eifert (when healthy), and Green whom he'll lock in on again and we've seen the results of that before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
5 years, 32.5 Million, 14 Million guaranteed

[Image: Will-Ferrell-Confused-Stare.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:37 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 5 years, 32.5 Million, 14 Million guaranteed

Yea....thats a little steep.
Reply/Quote
This sucks! "Tsanumi" was one of my favorite players. He may not have been a burner, but he was a "beast" after the catch compared to most of our other receivers.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:54 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This sucks! "Tsanumi" was one of my favorite players.  He may not have been a burner, but he was a "beast" after the catch compared to most of our other receivers.

As long as he actually caught the ball....
Reply/Quote
Sorry, but Sanu sucks as a starter..and I'm not saying that because he's gone.

Good depth, but he's really stretched thin starting and can't get separation deep. Led the league in drops in the one serious shot he got.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Falcons fans are not happy with that deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The number being floated around for Sanu is 7 million. Whew.
What a time to be alive.

Ah, must be a misprint, fat fingers or something. Cause that just makes no sense at all.

In looking through the thread I see it actually happened. Falcons let Roddy White go so they could do this??????

We'll take the comp pick next year, then pick Sanu up off the scrap heap for a couple of dimes after Atlanta cuts him.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Deal is done. Feel bad for Dalton, but he has Eifert (when healthy), and Green whom he'll lock in on again and we've seen the results of that before.

This is getting ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 04:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Deal is done. Feel bad for Dalton, but he has Eifert (when healthy), and Green whom he'll lock in on again and we've seen the results of that before.

You mean like All Pro type numbers... Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry, but Sanu sucks as a starter..and I'm not saying that because he's gone.

Good depth, but he's really stretched thin starting and can't get separation deep. Led the league in drops in the one serious shot he got.

Agreed. He was a decent #4, and good for some gadget plays here and there, but no where near worth that much. Falcons reached bad.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You mean like All Pro type numbers... Wink

I mean the return of the Dalton debate....

Following Fred's lead and acting like you don't understand (that Dalton shouldn't lock on to Green so much, and everyone knows that's not good for the Offense)? That's weird. That's a known fact. Check his INT history.

Fred knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Let's keep this in perspective...the guy who had fewer catches than Gio Bernard last season just got nearly $7 million per year. Call me crazy, but you gotta let him walk at those numbers.
Reply/Quote
I love Sanu but no way I pay him that money since he's essentially a #3. For those bringing up the drops, though true in 2014 he had ZERO drops in 2015. TJ once suffered from droptitis but he worked out. Best of luck to Sanu. Hey, what happened to all these guys that were supposed to follow Hue? Things already looking bleak in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 06:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I mean the return of the Dalton debate....

Following Fred's lead and acting like you don't understand (that Dalton shouldn't lock on to Green so much, and everyone knows that's not good for the Offense)? That's weird. That's a known fact. Check his INT history.

Fred knows exactly what I'm talking about.

That is not a known fact at all.

In 2013 Green accounted for 31% of the targets.  In 2015 it was 27%.  That small 4% drop is not the reason Dalton improved so much.  

Geen had a higher percentage of that targets in 2012 than he did in 2013, yet Dalton had a lower int% in 2012 than he did in 2013.  So it doesn't appear the interceptions were due to forcing the ball to Green.

This is just another example of the extreme lengths some fans will go to in order to predict gloom and doom for the Bengals.

The Bengals just made a smart move and refused to overpay for a #2 and #3 WR, yet some people are doing everything they can to paint it in a negative light.
Reply/Quote
God you guys act like Sanu and Jones were Hall of Famers.

Both are easily replaceable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: God you guys act like Sanu and Jones were Hall of Famers.

They just actually have to try. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: God you guys act like Sanu and Jones were Hall of Famers.

I wouldn't say Jones is easily replaceable, but he is replaceable.

That said, it's not that they can't be replaced, but that we have a contending team and need them replaced THIS year. No rookie is gonna come in day one and be as good as Jones is today. 
Reply/Quote

No one is saying they are Hall of Famers.

Even though I think the Falcons overpaid for Sanu there is no way you can say that two guys who just got $14.5 million per year are "easy" to replace.  If it was that easy other teams would not be throwing that much money at them.

I agree they will be much easier to replace than a #1 WR, but we can't just plug in any piece of garbage.
Reply/Quote