Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to Patriots (AJ Green Related)
They got a 2nd round pick for Sanu!?!?

Good Lord...

AJ Green's value just increased to 3 first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It's tough to tell what the **** some of these people are thinking. I'm often amazed by the poor quality of some of these takes. 

Im to the point where I think im being trolled. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Deep down the patriots are the bengals. This is more proof of it.
Reply/Quote
AJ saying he WANTS to stay in Cincy has me more concerned. WHY?...... Easy paycheck? No accountability? How does any player who values winning want to be a part of this circus?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:15 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ saying he WANTS to stay in Cincy has me more concerned. WHY?...... Easy paycheck? No accountability? How does any player who values winning want to be a part of this circus?

That doesn't really worry me as some people romanticize loyalty. There are people who work normal jobs who stay with the same company for 30 years out of loyalty. The Fitzgerald connection has been discussed a lot but there is something to the way he idolizes Larry and how he stayed in Arizona through it all. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Pats acquired Sanu from the Falcons in exchange for a 2nd round pick.

This is relevant to us for a few reasons.

Pats were one of the teams rumored to be interested in AJ. Highly unlikely they'd need him now.

What we don't know is whether or not they approached us with an offer and were rebuffed, or if they decided Green wasn't worth it due to his injury, or if they just liked Sanu more - which is hard to fathom.

AJ Green is 10x the WR Sanu is, and he fetched a 2nd. That means we should, at the very least, be able to expect the same or better return for AJ.

Ultimately none of this matters because the Bungles won't do anything.

The fact they got Sanu rather than Green and gave up a 2nd rounder for him indicates one of two things to me:
1) They weren't comfortable with AJ's health
2) Mike Brown didn't feel the offer was enough

Given the Patriots are 7-0, I doubt they'd worry about not having AJ for a few more weeks given they are pretty much a lock for the playoffs.
So I'd bet Mike Brown was overvaluing his players, just like he refused to take the two 1st rounders for Chad back in 2008.

All I'll say is if Green comes back and ends up helping win a few games this season to knock the Bengals out of the top 1-2 spots in the draft, I'll be a little irritated. I dislike the late-season winning when the team is already out of contention.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Your best player is not signed for next year and the team he currently plays for is 0-6 with no shot at the post season. 

But lets keep him. Makes total sense. 

0-7 actually

(10-22-2019, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It looks like Sanu also has another year on his contract which makes him more valuable.

This is a point people seem to be ignoring. AJ, while a far better WR than Sanu, would be a half season rental player. Sanu you get for another season.

Reply/Quote
No team will make any kind of offer until they see that Green can play. So we can't rip the Bengals for not trading him yet.

If we do trade him we won't get much because he is only under contract for e few more games. Maybe some team will offer a first if they work out some sort of contract agreement with his agent before hand, but I don't see any team giving up a first round pick to get a player for less than half a season.

As much as I like Green I would not mind if he was traded. He is a class individual andn he had a great run here. But he is over 30 and can't stay healthy. WRs tend to drop off fast in those situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glad you agree... it only makes sense to trade a player for a draft pick if you think you are going to upgrade with the draft pick.  Who are you going to gamble on in the draft that would be better than AJ? Especially knowing we won't be going receiver in the 1st.

This... And a vet with experience stinking it up playing with the other options.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The fact they got Sanu rather than Green and gave up a 2nd rounder for him indicates one of two things to me:
1) They weren't comfortable with AJ's health
2) Mike Brown didn't feel the offer was enough

Given the Patriots are 7-0, I doubt they'd worry about not having AJ for a few more weeks given they are pretty much a lock for the playoffs.
So I'd bet Mike Brown was overvaluing his players, just like he refused to take the two 1st rounders for Chad back in 2008.

All I'll say is if Green comes back and ends up helping win a few games this season to knock the Bengals out of the top 1-2 spots in the draft, I'll be a little irritated. I dislike the late-season winning when the team is already out of contention.

I think the play calling will negate AJ Green's positive impact when he returns. I could be wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Pats learned their lesson from the last time they signed the Bengal's star receiver.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Your best player is not signed for next year and the team he currently plays for is 0-6 with no shot at the post season. 

But lets keep him. Makes total sense. 

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news....

I can actually see an argument for keeping AJ Green but I can't comprehend why Eifert is still a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:13 AM)jason Wrote: I think the play calling will negate AJ Green's positive impact when he returns. I could be wrong.

You're probably right. I don't think anyone can give an identity to this offense right now.
We thought it was supposed to be heavy run to set up the pass but it sure doesn't seem that way.
Dalton not the right QB for a pass-heavy offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote:  Teams who meander around feigning relevancy end up wasting years of the young players careers they do have versus getting back to being in contention. 

Luckily, the Bengals never do that. Our owner is decisive and above all else "really wants to win".
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 10:15 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ saying he WANTS to stay in Cincy has me more concerned. WHY?...... Easy paycheck? No accountability? How does any player who values winning want to be a part of this circus?

One thing you can say about AJ is that he seems to be a pretty loyal guy, he wants to play for the team that drafted him. One thing you can say about Mike Brown is that he loves people that are loyal to him and the team. I fully expect the Bengals to give Green an extension that is not only overly generous, but too long as well. That being said, what the Bengals should do with AJ and what they most likely are going to do are two different animals.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Falcons trading Sanu for a 2nd is what differentiates a good organization from a bad one.

Falcons know their season is over and their window is about closed. They are making moves to make their next rebuild go as quick as possible. Bengals - not so much.

There trading there 4th best receiving option for a second RD pick. It's a no shit deal that any organization would do. 
Honestly it's a terrible move for the Patriots but since "they went for it" people will call it .
a good move.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe the Pats learned their lesson from the last time they signed the Bengal's star receiver.

Ida know, they got him for a pretty good deal and just sat him on the bench when it wasn't working.  And hey he even caught his only target for a decent gain in the SB that year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Glad you agree... it only makes sense to trade a player for a draft pick if you think you are going to upgrade with the draft pick.  Who are you going to gamble on in the draft that would be better than AJ? Especially knowing we won't be going receiver in the 1st.

Congratulations, you think the same way as Mike Brown does on the subject, that should tell you something right there! You actually would gain draft picks and the money that AJ is gonna make so you could also add another free agent. AJ probably has a couple of good years left and there’s not enough talent on the current roster for that to even matter. AJ was on this team the last couple of years too, how did that matter at all? It’s keeping a fan favorite but in no way is it a good business model to not cash out on this declining asset.
Reply/Quote
Isn't AJ a free agent after this season? I think people forget this when evaluating Green's value. Yes, with a multiple years still left on his contract, Green would be worth at least a 1st round draft pick. But I don't think ANY team is going to spend anything above a 4th rounder for 6-8 games of AJ Green.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It looks like Sanu also has another year on his contract which makes him more valuable.

BINGO !!!! Plus, Sanu actually "plays" full seasons.....He's missed 2 games in the last 6 seasons..Is he AJ? Absolutely not but AJ plenty of games he's playing he's not really playing. I've said it a dozen times that when he decides to play and show up and gets that mean streak he's as good a WR as there is but we don't see that all the time..
Reply/Quote