Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to the Pats?
Looks like it's going down. Other than that, no news on the big 3 yet can be considered good so far.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2016/03/sources_patriots_mohamed_sanu_have_expressed_mutual_interest

Would be smart choice by Sanu. Legit shot at championship.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Sanu...

Was one of my favorite players on the team but not anymore :/

O wale, he will go to a team with a HOF qb and has potential to put up big yards.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I wanted an upgrade at #3 receiver anyway. He can't get separation even with Eifert and Green being double covered.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't look like a done deal, just says there's mutual interest.
Reply/Quote
Titans interested as well.

According to TitanInsider's Terry McCormick and the Boston Herald's Jeff Howe, the Titans and Patriots have shown interest in free agent Mohamed Sanu.
There have been a number of teams connected to Sanu throughout this process, with the Falcons, Giants, and Browns also likely in the hunt. Sanu has never shown to be a special talent when given the opportunity in Cincinnati, but he's a lock to be overpaid by his next team as one of the two or three best receivers left on the market after Travis Benjamin agreed with the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
I didn't know Benjamin agreed with the Charges. Thought ATL was after him. Hoping they had moved on from Jones.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
With Jones going to Detroit, we should see a more aggressive offer to keep Sanu in Cinci

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if the Pats offer him $5 million.

And I don't see us offering north of $4 million.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to figure out how he could help the Pats. This strikes me as a head scratcher.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:56 AM)McC Wrote: I'm trying to figure out how he could help the Pats. This strikes me as a head scratcher.

Gadget plays, be the #3 receiver like Brandon LaFell was ..

That's what I would guess.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:57 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Gadget plays, be the #3 receiver like Brandon LaFell was ..

That's what I would guess.

Is he even as good as LaFell?  And if his mission was to catch more passes, will he really do it there with Gronk and Edelman getting most of the targets?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Sanu is a real enigma. The first half of '14 he played like a world beater when Green was injured. But then he dropped a couple of passes and disappeared.

He has shown some skills, but he has also faded away quite often.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:02 PM)McC Wrote: Is he even as good as LaFell?  And if his mission was to catch more passes, will he really do it there with Gronk and Edelman getting most of the targets?

He doesn't necessarily have to be..

He will just most likely get the targets that LaFell got Big Grin

Reply/Quote
Fine. They take Sanu from us and we get LaFell from them.

Fwiw, I figured the Pats would look at Sanu. They love players that are versatile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
LeFell? I watched him in Carolina. I'll pass on t-rex butterfingers.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why would you want to play for NE? All they do is win championships...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'd take Sanu over LaFell easily. LaFell had all the opportunity in the world with Edelman, Amendola and Lewis' injuries last year, with a HOF QB, and he did nothing.
Reply/Quote
Sanu > LaFell
Reply/Quote
Unless they release someone, Bengals are basically broke now. They have what....$5M left? That's not enough for Reggie, or Pacman.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:41 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'd take Sanu over LaFell easily.  LaFell had all the opportunity in the world with Edelman, Amendola and Lewis' injuries last year, with a HOF QB, and he did nothing.

And Sanu had all the opportunity in the world with AJ, MLJ and Eifert and he did next to nothing.  His biggest contribution, for the most part, came as a runner.

Reply/Quote