Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to the Pats?
(03-09-2016, 01:44 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Unless they release someone, Bengals are basically broke now.  They have what....$5M left?  That's not enough for Reggie, or Pacman.

From my math, 15M to spend - 6M for Iloka = 9M left?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:44 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Unless they release someone, Bengals are basically broke now. They have what....$5M left? That's not enough for Reggie, or Pacman.

We have around $32 million in all of our cap and the reported amount Bengals wanted to spend was $15m and now there should be around $9m ish.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Deflated balls = less drops for Sanu Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sanu is a real enigma.  The first half of '14 he played like a world beater when Green was injured.  But then he dropped a couple of passes and disappeared.

He has shown some skills, but he has also faded away quite often.

Agreed. Early 14 Sanu looked like a legit #2 and maybe even #1 on some teams. Remember that 1 handed snag over the middle on that slant route? Damn, guy was on fire for that 8 week stretch. He was easily my favorite player that year.
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget Sanu and his career perfect passer rating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Mo, and this is good for him. We should bring in Boldin to replace him and Wallace to replace
MLJ and we should be fine with enough off field work with Dalton this Offseason. There was lots of
writing on the wall that Mo was not coming back so this is no surprise.
Reply/Quote
Honestly im ok with both Sanu and Marvin Jones signing elsewhere. Just as long as the team signs a WR in free agency and drafts one high this year. I hope they don't get any wild ideas of using Tate more as a result of losing the other guys.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:09 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Honestly im ok with both Sanu and Marvin Jones signing elsewhere. Just as long as the team signs a WR in free agency and drafts one high this year. I hope they don't get any wild ideas of using Tate more as a result of losing the other guys.

It stinks to lose both, but realistically we're talking about our 3rd and 4th options. The biggest hit comes that if Green gets injured again, we lack a #1. If Green & Eifert are healthy, we can replace Marvin and Sanu through FA or possibly the draft.

And we do still have Mario Alford who caught 100% of his targets last year. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:41 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'd take Sanu over LaFell easily.  LaFell had all the opportunity in the world with Edelman, Amendola and Lewis' injuries last year, with a HOF QB, and he did nothing.

LaFell went 74-953-7 in 2014. Those would be career high's across the board for Sanu.

So if LaFell did "nothing", what did Sanu do here, aside from leading the league in drops?

I swear...people always overestimate our players and act like all outsiders are garbage.  Rolleyes
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: LaFell went 74-953-7 in 2014. Those would be career high's across the board for Sanu.

So if LaFell did "nothing", what did Sanu do here, aside from leading the league in drops?

I swear...people always overestimate our players and act like all outsiders are garbage.  Rolleyes

Yeah, i think Lafell would be an upgrade over Sanu as a receiver no question. Already is faster.

Mo was a good versatile player but was not good as a receiver production wise.
Reply/Quote
If LaFell was an upgrade, he would've produced in an offense that was bare for times last year. If anyone actually watched Pats games, they saw that LaFell was a non-factor in what would've been an ideal situation.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i think Lafell would be an upgrade over Sanu as a receiver no question. Already is faster.

Mo was a good versatile player but was not good as a receiver production wise.

Yeah... but can he catch inflated balls?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:31 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: If LaFell was an upgrade, he would've produced in an offense that was bare for times last year.  If anyone actually watched Pats games, they saw that LaFell was a non-factor in what would've been an ideal situation.

He had 515 yards in only 7 starts. Even dealing with injury. 

Sanu's seasons:

2012: 16-154-4 yards
2013: 47-455-2 yards
2014: 56-790-5 yards
2015: 33-394-0 yards

LaFell's last 4 seasons:

2012: 44-677-4
2013: 49-627-5
2014: 74-953-7
2015: 37-515-0 (11 games and 7 starts due to injury)

Again, if LaFell is "nothing" and a "non-factor", what is Sanu? LaFell has outproduced him every season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Again, I'm not comparing the two because their situations were not the same. You can't just look at their stats and make a direct comparison. That is why I'm arguing that if LaFell can't be productive on New England, he's going to be far less productive in Cincinnati. Thus, we shouldn't sign him unless it's a great deal.

Sanu was, at-best, the 4th option on a run-heavy team (Bengals were 26th in the NFL in passing attempts).

LaFell, was the 3rd option (higher when Edelman and Amendola were out) for a pass-heavy team (Pats were 5th in the NFL in passing attempts).
Reply/Quote
I don't think LaFell is terrible. He has better numbers than people give him credit for. If the Bengals sign him and let Sanu go, that's fine with me even though I prefer Sanu. I just hope they sign a veteran with some gas left in the tank.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:54 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Again, I'm not comparing the two because their situations were not the same.  You can't just look at their stats and make a direct comparison.  That is why I'm arguing that if LaFell can't be productive on New England, he's going to be far less productive in Cincinnati.  Thus, we shouldn't sign him unless it's a great deal.

Sanu was, at-best, the 4th option on a run-heavy team (Bengals were 26th in the NFL in passing attempts).

LaFell, was the 3rd option (higher when Edelman and Amendola were out) for a pass-heavy team (Pats were 5th in the NFL in passing attempts).

You're right about some of the differences, but we disagree about LaFell not being productive.

He went 111-1468-7 in 27 games as a Patriot, which averages out to 66-869-4 per 16 games.

Those stats are nearly identical to the season MLJ just had, and both were 3rd options. 
Reply/Quote
In completely different offenses. You can argue that any Patriot player is 10-20% more productive than they would be in a Cincinnati offense that relies heavily on the run, as I said, more so than only 5 teams.

I guess we will see though. If Sanu gets like 4-5M and LaFell gets 2M somewhere, I'd definitely be on your side. If both are going to cost you #2 money and on the Bengals, I'd rather have Sanu, although I'd probably not want either at that price.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:13 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: In completely different offenses.  You can argue that any Patriot player is 10-20% more productive than they would be in a Cincinnati offense that relies heavily on the run, as I said, more so than only 5 teams.

I guess we will see though.  If Sanu gets like 4-5M and LaFell gets 2M somewhere, I'd definitely be on your side.  If both are going to cost you #2 money and on the Bengals, I'd rather have Sanu, although I'd probably not want either at that price.

Look. The Bengals were 12th in pass attempts in 2013 and Sanu produced 455 yards and 2 scores.

They were 15th in yards and 5th in TDs last year and Sanu had 394 yards and 0 TDs.

Lets not act like the Bengals don't pass. There's plenty of opportunities here and this pass offense has been very productive and efficient. I have a feeling that LaFell will get paid less than Sanu - mostly based on age/hype. I don't see any reason to believe Sanu is the better player though.

You have to look at what Sanu has done with his opportunities. He has a career 11.8 ypc (which is not good). He's not a big red zone threat. He was close to leading the league in drops in the 1 year where he got a big opportunity (2014). I think LaFell will be the better value and I think he's a better player too. He can stretch the defense, which is something Sanu is incapable of.
Reply/Quote