Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Morning Cartoons
For you younger folks; Saturday mornings used to be the only time to watch cartoons. For the older folks; what was your favorite?

Scooby Doo is hard to beat, but Buggs Bunny and Super Friends were hard to beat
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tom and Jerry
I rooted for Tom

Droopy
Ya know what? I'm happy....

Pink panther/ant and aardvark, fat albert, road runner
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
looney toons, but after school had cartoons as well
Reply/Quote
Wheelie, speed racer, scooby Doo, Jabber Jaws, Speed Buggy, School House Rock, Super friends, Fat Albert, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny/Road Runner hour, Devlin, Flinstones, Casper the friendly ghost, Popeye. Probably a few others.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: looney toons, but after school had cartoons as well

After school was Clubhouse 22 and Spider-Man.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 10:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wheelie, speed racer, scooby Doo, Jabber Jaws, Speed Buggy, School House Rock, Super friends, Fat Albert, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny/Road Runner hour, Devlin, Flinstones, Casper the friendly ghost, Popeye. Probably a few others.

While this is a fantastic list in it's entirety, this one is my special favorite.  In fact, not only do I own the entire series on DVD, I recently found that it is on Disney+ and occasionally watch it there too!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: looney toons, but after school had cartoons as well

The only afternoon Cartoon I really remember was Speed Racer; of course my youth was pre-cable. The rest of the afternoon consisted on Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, and a periodic After School Special
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Looney tunes is at the top of my list. Bug Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Droopy & Speedy Gonzales.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The only afternoon Cartoon I really remember was Speed Racer; of course my youth was pre-cable. The rest of the afternoon consisted on Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, and a periodic After School Special

I think I was the inspiration behind several of them...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The only afternoon Cartoon I really remember was Speed Racer; of course my youth was pre-cable. The rest of the afternoon consisted on Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, and a periodic After School Special

We'd have them from 3-4, but the only one I can remember for sure from that time slot is Tom & Jerry, then 5pm the news started coming on.

WSAZ in Huntington had a local show called Mr. Cartoon that ran cartoon for an hour every day as well (4 to 5).  It ran for 40 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Cartoon
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:31 AM)SladeX Wrote: Tom and Jerry
I rooted for Tom

Droopy
Ya know what? I'm happy....

Pink panther/ant and aardvark,  fat albert, road runner

Same with Sylvester & Tweety.

I always rooted for Sylvester.

I loved when he would go to the ol' drawing board for his plans.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Sometimes they'd run Johnny Quest and stuff like that in afternoon.
Reply/Quote
Not mentioned so far, The Jetson's.
Reply/Quote
Bugs Bunny, Super Friends, Dungeons and Dragons, Transformers, NWA Wrestling at 11 am Eastern...

Harley reminded me about Fat Albert as well... Na na na gonna have a good time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sometimes they'd run Johnny Quest and stuff like that in afternoon.

Forgot about that one. Loved that as a kid. Fat Albert too.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 11:10 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Looney tunes is at the top of my list. Bug Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Droopy & Speedy Gonzales.
You forgot the best character, Yosemite Sam!   "I gotta burn my boots now, they touched yankee soil"
Reply/Quote
Saturday Morning Cartoons was the best because it was the only time cartoons were on for me so I used to wake up at 5am to start with Rocky and Bullwinkle. My favorites were The Ghostbusters, Thundercats, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I only got to watch TMNT everyother week because my brother just HAD to watch Saved By The Bell on Saturdays even though it was on a couple times during the week too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Remember those later versions of Tom & Jerry's from the 60s?

I remember watching them even as a kid and was like WTF is this crap?!?
Reply/Quote
We can't leave out Pop-eye & Mighty Mouse.
Reply/Quote
Check my avatar.
Reply/Quote