Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sausage Party
Just saw it this afternoon and actually cried laughing multiple times.

Anyone else see it?

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for much better, but got pretty much what I expected. Glad I didn't spend full price for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 04:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I was hoping for much better, but got pretty much what I expected. Glad I didn't spend full price for it.

Agreed, I saw it on discount Tuesday. I chuckled a few times. That was about it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just saw it this afternoon and actually cried laughing multiple times.

Anyone else see it?

Thoughts?

were you watching in an enhanced state of mind?
Reply/Quote
Follow up thoughts.

What disappointed me even more was how close Rogen and co got to some really solid comedic moments. But for every clever joke (I don't really recall it now, but the commentary on how different foods got moved around/replaced etc. got a couple laughs from me) they just went for the predictable and lazy raunch factor jokes that will get the laughs and the views from the target age group (which I imagine was like immature 14 year olds to 22 year old stoners?)

I mean, seriously, that ending scene? That was just cringeworthy af.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: were you watching in an enhanced state of mind?

Sober...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 06:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Follow up thoughts.

What disappointed me even more was how close Rogen and co got to some really solid comedic moments. But for every clever joke (I don't really recall it now, but the commentary on how different foods got moved around/replaced etc. got a couple laughs from me) they just went for the predictable and lazy raunch factor jokes that will get the laughs and the views from the target age group (which I imagine was like immature 14 year olds to 22 year old stoners?)

I mean, seriously, that ending scene? That was just cringeworthy af.

Yeah, breaking the fourth wall like that just didn't feel right.  But, it left an opening for Sausage Party II: The Best of the Wurst or whatever.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote