Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw a story where the Bears are dangling the number 1 overall pick in a trade
Iv also been seeing an increasing number of mock drafts predicting Bears are totally fine banking the franchise on Fields and since they don’t want Young or Stroud and since they don’t see anyone else with having the number 1 picks value they are exploring trades

So you know we’ve gotta say it…..

Who has a better deal than Tee Higgins, POSSIBLY BATES, our own pick and maybe even one more player? Let’s say whoever we trade gives the Bears a magic guarantee that they’ll resign long term.

Do you try and find a trade for that pick?

In my opinion i also don’t see many players with the value worth that pick so i wouldn’t do it. Tee is just too important imo. Honestly I’m in the boat where the STARTING price for me to even pick up the phone about a Tee Higgins trade is 2 first round picks.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
what.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins, Sam Hubbard, and pick 28 for the number 1 overall... then trade back from 1OA lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 04:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Iv also been seeing an increasing number of mock drafts predicting Bears are totally fine banking the franchise on Fields and since they don’t want Young or Stroud and since they don’t see anyone else with having the number 1 picks value they are exploring trades

Who has a better deal than Tee Higgins, POSSIBLY BATES, our own pick and maybe even one more player? Let’s say whoever we trade gives the Bears a magic guarantee that they’ll resign long term.

In my opinion i also don’t see many players with the value worth that pick so i wouldn’t do it. Tee is just too important imo. Honestly I’m in the boat where the STARTING price for me to even pick up the phone about a Tee Higgins trade is 2 first round picks.

As much as I like Jalen Carter and Will Anderson as prospects, I don't see a way the Bengals would give up the necessary amount to draft 1st overall and take one of those guys. And those are the only two guys worth taking at 1st overall if not needing a QB.

The Bengals (front office at least) would feel they have enough invested into the DL that they would not need someone like Anderson or Carter. They could just get someone at 28 (or later) to groom who can rotate in with Hendrickson, Hubbard, Hill, and Reader with a plan to eventually get them more playing time over the next couple years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I didn't even have to think about saying "no" to this one.

Higgins is a proven guy. We can't move proven guys during a Super Bowl run. There's also no guarantee that any of those top guys pan out.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 04:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Iv also been seeing an increasing number of mock drafts predicting Bears are totally fine banking the franchise on Fields and since they don’t want Young or Stroud and since they don’t see anyone else with having the number 1 picks value they are exploring trades

Hell no. 

1) The Bears do not want to drop down below 4. They want Carter or Anderson. In an ideal Bears world, they can dangle the #1 pick out there & freak Houston out to trading up to #1 to get their guy and avoid someone jumping them to take Young. Then the Bears can do the same thing to Indy at #4, trade back again, and still take Carter/Anderson. 

2) We are super bowl team. We are not gonna weaken the team before absolutely necessay. We'd need more than Higgins (a lot more) to snag the #1, and replacing all those guys with rookies would weaken us short term, even IF the rooksxall pan out. 
Reply/Quote

We are WAY to far back to try and trade up to #1......

We could trade back for pick 1 of round 2 if we wanted  (but it have to be worth giving up on the 5th year option ability)
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 07:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We can't move proven guys during a Super Bowl run.  

Easy now. We're not used to thinking this way.

Reply/Quote