Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say goodbye to our best Uni's...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/fox-color-rush-uniforms-are-going-away/

That sucks. I actually liked ours. Prefer them over the orange and white pants look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/fox-color-rush-uniforms-are-going-away/

That sucks. I actually liked ours. Prefer them over the orange and white pants look.

They were pretty spiffy.  Damn it.  Why does everything I love go away?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Weren't our color rush jerseys just Oakland Raiders away jerseys?
Reply/Quote
Personally, I liked most of the color rush uniforms. I wasn't a fan of the mustard colored ones that the Jags and Rams used though.
Reply/Quote
I liked most of the designs, but hated the gimmick (and the helmet rule BS). I'll miss our all-white look, but for the most part i'm glad this marketing ploy is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:01 PM)McC Wrote: They were pretty spiffy.  Damn it.  Why does everything I love go away?

Can you please love Mike Brown and his entire family?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I liked most of the designs, but hated the gimmick (and the helmet rule BS). I'll miss our all-white look, but for the most part i'm glad this marketing ploy is gone.

Ehh, it was mostly dumb enough to be amusing.
Reply/Quote
Boo

Reply/Quote
They said that the color rush uniforms won't be used on Thursday Night Football anymore. They didn't say they were going away entirely.
Reply/Quote
Good, the orange helmet on white was stupid
Reply/Quote
Quote:This won’t stop teams from embracing the Color Rush concept on their own. Last week, the Titans unveiled an array of uniforms that includes the light-blue-on-light-blue Smurf look, specifically dubbed the team’s “Color Rush” uniforms.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the color rush should become our standard white on white combination.  Sleekest of all Bengal uniforms in my book.
Reply/Quote
Black on black is the best imo. The color rush is slick, and I really hope that they use the option to use it.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:04 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I think the color rush should become our standard white on white combination.  Sleekest of all Bengal uniforms in my book.

This. Just make it one of our standard uniforms.....
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 11:52 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Good, the orange helmet on white was stupid

Agreed. The jerseys themselves were sick. if the helmets matched, I think they would be one of the best color rush jerseys in the NFL.

Until then, I def prefer the orange jersey with the white, even the black pants. always loved those jerseys.
Reply/Quote
Im pretty ready for a new uniform overhaul. I feel like it hasn't been done since 2005.

I cant stand out current uniforms, just way to busy.

Go back to something more minimalist.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/fox-color-rush-uniforms-are-going-away/

could possibly keep as our alt...

But the color rush thrusday night games are going away and this is a good thing for the other 31 teams
Reply/Quote
It's probably just me, but our 'color rush' uniforms reminded me more of a Xerox copy of a plain black and white uniform. Personally I really don't care what they wear as long as they win. Whoever came up with the very term 'color rush' probably ought to be taken out and beaten daily and twice every Sunday, but I'm fairly non-violent so I'm ok with at least letting them live long enough to see the error of their ways...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im pretty ready for a new uniform overhaul. I feel like it hasn't been done since 2005.

I cant stand out current uniforms, just way to busy.

Go back to something more minimalist.

I figure we won't see new uniforms until Katie and Troy take over the team completely.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:22 AM)Gohards Wrote: Agreed. The jerseys themselves were sick. if the helmets matched, I think they would be one of the best color rush jerseys in the NFL.

Until then, I def prefer the orange jersey with the white, even the black pants. always loved those jerseys.

The color rush with a white and black striped helmet would be awesome. I suspect they didn't do it because of our QB's being used to finding their receivers by looking for orange and black helmets, or maybe the league would not let you change the helmet. My favorite besides the color rush is probably the least liked... the black pants with the white jersey.
Reply/Quote