Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say goodbye to our best Uni's...
(04-10-2018, 09:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can you please love Mike Brown and his entire family?

I see what you did there!! And I like it!!!

Seriously though, I wish they would go back to the designs of the late 80's uniform before this whole white stripe BS.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 12:43 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I see what you did there!! And I like it!!!

Seriously though, I wish they would go back to the designs of the late 80's uniform before this whole white stripe BS.

Give me the 70's style!! How creative was it, to just put "Bengals" on the side of the helmet, so you weren't confused as a Brown's player!! I also have a replica of that helmet on a shelf and my wife hates it. Only thing I won't let her have her way with...
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/fox-color-rush-uniforms-are-going-away/

That sucks. I actually liked ours. Prefer them over the orange and white pants look.

Looks like it is just for Thursday night games and we have the option to wear them at times during the season.

No big deal. BTW, my favorite is the black on black jerseys.

Also wish they would go with white helmets with black stripes with those white color rush uni's.

Think that would of looked sweet.
Reply/Quote
Man... Those color rush unis really brought out Andy Dalton's eyes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like it is just for Thursday night games and we have the option to wear them at times during the season.

No big deal. BTW, my favorite is the black on black jerseys.

Also wish they would go with white helmets with black stripes with those white color rush uni's.

Think that would of looked sweet.

refs would lose count of how many on the field
Reply/Quote
Love the CR jerseys, they are slick indeed.

Just like you're allowed 2 alternates at home a year, there should be 2 alternates on the road, each year; make that the CR.

My favourite is still the orange jersey, but I prefer the white pants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Weren't our color rush jerseys just Oakland Raiders away jerseys?

Maybe that's why we didn't go with the silver helmet idea.

Seriously such a shame.  They were really cool uniforms.  So appropriate as an echo to the white tiger theme.

LOL.  Ross Tucker did a "uniform draft" on his podcast the other day.   He picked the Bengals uniform at 10.

The guy he was podcasting with gave him unending grief.   I could hear Ross blush.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:04 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I think the color rush should become our standard white on white combination.  Sleekest of all Bengal uniforms in my book.

It looked silly with the orange helmets.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  My favorite besides the color rush is probably the least liked... the black pants with the white jersey.

That is my favorite combo.  I think it is one of the best looks in the league.

I also like white on white.
Reply/Quote
I like the white on white with black socks. Not the white on white with orange socks....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im pretty ready for a new uniform overhaul. I feel like it hasn't been done since 2005.

I cant stand out current uniforms, just way to busy.

Go back to something more minimalist.

Agreed. My 14 year-old self loved the uniform overhaul back in 2004. But now, they just remind me of crucial failure and countless what-ifs. It's definitely time for an overhaul. 

In retrospect, I prefer what the team had in the late 90's-early 2000's. Granted, that was when the team was at its worst. But hey, at least they looked good losing. Back in the day, the only compliment I ever got for being a Bengal fan in the 90's was something like, "Well at least you got nice uniforms." Or, "well, at least you got cool helmets". Didn't exactly make up for the Bunglerific football but those uniforms sure were nice lookin  Cool An alternate orange jersey in something like that design would look great IMO. We've seems the QB's wear them in training camp, they're gorgeous
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 05:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: I like the white on white with black socks. Not the white on white with orange socks....

Fun fact (at least I think it's a fact... Or maybe just something I noticed but remembering wrong):

Last year against the Jaguars was the first time the team wore all white with black socks in a regular season game since 2012. The team always wears black socks when all white in the preseason, but they started wearing the orange socks in 2013. I noticed it right away, week 1 at Chicago.

I liked it. At the time I liked it better than the black socks. Now, I'm not sure what I prefer. Both options look great IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: refs would lose count of how many on the field

Really? Maybe white and black messes with those zebras more than other folks. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/10/fox-color-rush-uniforms-are-going-away/

That sucks. I actually liked ours. Prefer them over the orange and white pants look.

Bummer.  I was really hoping to see them expand it with a white helmet with black stripes.  

Oh well, maybe there will be a big sale on remaining inventory?
Reply/Quote