Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say hello to your 2018 Bengals head coach
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21665997/new-york-giants-fire-coach-ben-mcadoo-two-seasons

I'm sure he will happily take any HC job regardless of parameters set by the owner. He will fit Mikey perfectly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If there is one coach that i think would be worse than Marv it is the Doo.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If there is one coach that i think would be worse than Marv it is the Doo.

I read that he was fired and got sick because I could just see it happening.  And I can't look at that stupid hair and sunglasses for the next 15 years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If there is one coach that i think would be worse than Marv it is the Doo.

Everyone wanted an offensive mind coach right?  RIGHT???? 

careful what we ask for.
Reply/Quote
What really bothers me the most from that entire story is this:

McAdoo told ESPN's Chris Mortensen in a text message Monday morning that he was out after two seasons on the job. Giants co-owner John Mara confirmed the changes in a news conference Monday afternoon.

Two seasons in, and the dude is gone. Went to the playoffs one year and the team bombed the next year and he gets fired. Why is it that we give a guy chance after chance after chance.... Attitude

**** Mike Brown. Pissed

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I read that he was fired and got sick because I could just see it happening.  And I can't look at that stupid hair and sunglasses for the next 15 years.

Yeah that would be my worst nightmare.

He pisses me off just looking at him lmao

(12-04-2017, 06:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Everyone wanted an offensive mind coach right?  RIGHT???? 

careful what we ask for.

Russ Grimm is the guy i want. Dude knows O-line play.

(12-04-2017, 06:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What really bothers me the most from that entire story is this:

McAdoo told ESPN's Chris Mortensen in a text message Monday morning that he was out after two seasons on the job. Giants co-owner John Mara confirmed the changes in a news conference Monday afternoon.

Two seasons in, and the dude is gone. Went to the playoffs one year and the team bombed the next year and he gets fired. Why is it that we give a guy chance after chance after chance.... Attitude

**** Mike Brown. Pissed

Yes, it is insane.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I read that he was fired and got sick because I could just see it happening.  And I can't look at that stupid hair and sunglasses for the next 15 years.

I couldn't decide which hair style looked worse. The Moe from the 3 stooges or the 80's slicked back with dark shades.... What a putz
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Everyone wanted an offensive mind coach right?  RIGHT???? 

careful what we ask for.

It's possible to get an offensive mind who is actually, you know, good.

Fwiw, I'd take McAdoodoo over Paulie G or anyone on staff.

(12-04-2017, 06:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What really bothers me the most from that entire story is this:

**** Mike Brown. Pissed

Amen to this. You know McAdoo would likely have to have at least 2-3 seasons (in a row) of this nature before Mikey Boy would even blink.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
To be fair McAdoo was fired for how they handled Eli Manning it's nothing to do with his coaching ability. The Fans and Media caused an uproar declaring protests and Boycotts John Mara was mote upset with the loss of money than he was the 2 win injury riddled season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair McAdoo was fired for how they handled Eli Manning it's nothing to do with his coaching ability. The Fans and Media caused an uproar declaring protests and Boycotts John Mara was mote upset with the loss of money than he was the 2 win injury riddled season.

This post is spot on. He made a decision to bench a legend (not in my my mind, but in Giants fans) Eli without consulting the owner. Then doubles down and says he would have don it same way after all the ticked off fans went crazy.

He won, he got his way, made a decision and stuck by it. It had zero to do with wins and losses and everything with poor decision making in the eyes of the owner and also a lack of respect for the owner.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote