Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying goodbye to an old friend today.....
(06-05-2018, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: It is worth it.  My kids wanted a puppy, so we got a Walker Coonhound pup last September (Dollar was a lab/Bluetick mix).  It gave her a companion for her last days, and she helped teach the pup.  The little girl has some awfully big paws to fill, but she's workin on it. 

Thanks guys, for all of the kind words, means a lot.

Oh that's smart thinking.  If i could actually get a dog to approach his average lifespan, I may do that in the later years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 10:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Today, I have to take my best friend of 16 years to meet her end.  Doc says surgery will be over a grand, with a 15% chance she makes it out the other side.  If she does make it, they wouldn't expect her to live more than a year.  So, I had to make the toughest call I've ever had to make, I have to take my beloved sidekick to be euthanized.  God.....I hate this, I've been distraught the last two days.  I'm going to miss her......

I feel your pain.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 12:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: One of the reasons I don't want another pet is I grew very weary of losing past pets. I get very attached then inevitably i either outlive them, they run away or something comes up where I'm forced to move and can't take them with me. I had to leave a great old dog in Texas when I had no other way to get back to Ohio other than the bus.. That sucked.. I left her with my sister then she began biting people so she couldn't keep her . The time I had her she was about as loyal and loving as a dog could be, but she just couldn't adapt to a new environment ..
As much as I really love dogs and even cats I hate it when it has to come to an end   .. 

This is basically what my father said when our Cat was killed in 2015: after the next two cats go, no more pets!

The agony of losing them (as they ARE family) is just too much for my parents to take.

Hope she's enjoying life up in the sky, Wyche!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote