Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scariest Movies
Its that time of year again...list your top 10 or 5 or whatever.

1. "The Shinning"
2. "Salems Lot" (1979)
3. "John Carpenters The Thing"
4. "A Nightmare On Elm Street"
5. "Halloween"
6. "Carrie"
7. "The Exorcist"
8. "Aliens"
9. "Alien"
10. Any chick flick supernatural movie like Twilight. These movies scare the crap out of me.

Have you noticed, in all "Slasher" movies, the one who survives and kills the bad guy is always female?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about a top list but I'd have to put The Descent on there.

Not too many movies actually "scare" me though.

The movie that is "freaky" is Frailty because it makes you think there's people out there who might be doing something similar.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Totally agree with "The Descent"

The problem I have with the "Scary" movie genre is they all too often fall into either the "jump scare" category or the "tons of blood and gore" category.

I much "scary movies" that are more "freak you out" like Silence of the Lambs or like the OP said The Shining.

I can't remember how many jump scares there were, but Shutter Island was an OK one, even if the twist was a little obvious.
Reply/Quote
One of the scariest scenes for a 9 year old ever. Hell, even now, it's pretty scary.

Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
The Blair Witch Project
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't know about a top list but I'd have to put The Descent on there.

Not too many movies actually "scare" me though.

The movie that is "freaky" is Frailty because it makes you think there's people out there who might be doing something similar.

The Descent is fantastic. It takes a few minutes to kick in, but man....when it does, it does NOT let up. The wife and I love that one.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Blair Witch Project

Lol, really? I remember a bunch of us renting that back in like, I dunno, 2000 when it first came out. There was a co-worker who loved horror films, and she kept crying all day after seeing it, and said she will never be the same. People were saying it was THAT scary.

I might have watched it in the wrong setting though. It was a bunch of us dudes, and my girlfriend at the time, getting drunk watching it. Me and the fellas kept farting during the "intense" moments. So, that didn't help matters. However, I am a HUGE horror movie fan, and I can tell if something will give me the heebie jeebies. I was very disappointed. I do wish I would have watched it in the dark with just the girlfriend and I.  It may have given me a different perspective on it. Still, I know my horror, and I don't think it would have made it scary for me. It might have been cool for the atmosphere though. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hands down for me old movie Psyco. Blair Witch project just gives me motion sickness.
Reply/Quote
The exorcist.
Reply/Quote
Movies about aliens freak me out. As a child I developed an irrational fear of them for some reason.

I can't really say that there are any movies that actually frighten me though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 02:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Movies about aliens freak me out.  As a child I developed an irrational fear of them for some reason.

I can't really say that there are any movies that actually frighten me though.

Mars Attacks always got me as a kid.
Just some creepy ass aliens. 

Serpent and The Rainbow doesn't get enough play. Being buried alive gets me. 
The first Scream movie. I was 8 when I saw it the first time
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Blair Witch Project

When Blair Witch opened in Cincy it only played at the Esquire Theater (a fairly small art theater if you're not familiar with it). So when I went with my buddies to see it we had to go to a pretty late show because all the early shows sold out. So we see it and get out of theater around 1:30-2 am. Thought it was a neat little horror movie, but I wasn't "scared". When we got home, one of my friends asked if I wanted to go out for a run. We go out and our route has a stretch of about a mile that runs next to some very poorly lit woods. That was probably the fastest mile we had run in a while.....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The movie that is "freaky" is Frailty because it makes you think there's people out there who might be doing something similar.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is the same way.  The movie is disturbing as hell but just the thought that there could be guys just like him roaming thru town and killing someone unlucky enough to cross his path.
Reply/Quote
I suppose different movies affect folks differently. May oldest son is not scared of anything; however, he went to see "Drag Me to Hell" and it scared the hell out of him. His younger brother and I watched it and we laughed all the way through it. We still make fun of him whenever we have pie.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 12:22 PM)alwaysabengal Wrote: Hands down for me old movie Psyco. Blair Witch project just gives me motion sickness.

I was hoping somebody would kill that woman.  What was scary about that movie was how obnoxious she was.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Troll Hunter is the best found-footage film.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 08:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The movie that is "freaky" is Frailty because it makes you think there's people out there who might be doing something similar.

Love that movie.

In similar fashion that someone could be doing something like it is the Saw series.

Two that actually scare me/freak me out are the original The Omen and The Ring.
Reply/Quote
Almost forgot one...

The Wizard of Oz

Those flying monkeys still freak me the hell out, and I just turned 43!
Reply/Quote
1. The Exorcist
2. Carrie
3. Nightmare on Elm Street 1
4. Halloween
5. Psycho
6. The Shining
7. Rosemary's Baby
8. Eyes Without a Face
9. Blair Witch Project
10. Paranormal Activity 1