Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scary O Line Stats From Last Year
Unfortunately, this is the Brown family way. They do not value OLine. If their buddy Alexander the Great likes someone, we keep them. I seriously would not be surprised to see a Bodine extension. They will throw money at skill positions, but not in protecting them. Our owner/GM and his family do not understand the game of football. We got lucky to have the winning streak we did because they hit on a lot of draft picks. Now they're missing on draft picks while still allowing their own players to go and not signing any help in free agency. We could be in for a couple of more rough seasons. This team has put way too much faith in the draft (because they're cheap), so the Bengals will only be able to go as far as their drafts take them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: the oline actually has potential.

Performance outweighs potential every time....
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:50 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Unfortunately, this is the Brown family way. They do not value OLine. If their buddy Alexander the Great likes someone, we keep them. I seriously would not be surprised to see a Bodine extension. They will throw money at skill positions, but not in protecting them. Our owner/GM and his family do not understand the game of football. We got lucky to have the winning streak we did because they hit on a lot of draft picks. Now they're missing on draft picks while still allowing their own players to go and not signing any help in free agency. We could be in for a couple of more rough seasons. This team has put way too much faith in the draft (because they're cheap), so the Bengals will only be able to go as far as their drafts take them.

I agree with all of this.  It's sad.  I really think they should sell because they obviously don't think they can afford to run an NFL team.
Reply/Quote
I predict A LOT of Dalton rollouts to pass, and most of them wont be by design.

To be slightly fair here, not all those 40 sacks were given up by the other o-lineman though. Some were given up by the tight ends, backfield, not audibling out/play design, etc. But still a scary number.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 04:31 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I predict A LOT of Dalton rollouts to pass, and most of them wont be by design.

To be slightly fair here, not all those 40 sacks were given up by the other o-lineman though. Some were given up by the tight ends, backfield, not audibling out/play design, etc. But still a scary number.

True.  Ogbuehi gave up 11 before he was benched.  (Our new LT).  I feel sick.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: True.  Ogbuehi gave up 11 before he was benched.  (Our new LT).  I feel sick.

Big Willie offered to coach him up at RT. Now that he's going to being protecting the blindside, they should have Anthony work with him, maybe during training camp. If you have access to the greatest LT of all-time, why not utilize him. I'm sure he would do it if asked.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Big Willie offered to coach him up at RT. Now that he's going to being protecting the blindside, they should have Anthony work with him, maybe during training camp. If you have access to the greatest LT of all-time, why not utilize him. I'm sure he would do it if asked.

That would give me some hope.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That would give me some hope.  

I might have some hope, but Willie and Munoz have said before that they'd come in to help with the OL. As far as I know, Willie was invited for one day a couple of years ago. That's it. David Fulcher, many years ago, even said he'd like to come in and scout for the Bengals, but he never heard anything back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I might have some hope, but Willie and Munoz have said before that they'd come in to help with the OL. As far as I know, Willie was invited for one day a couple of years ago. That's it. David Fulcher, many years ago, even said he'd like to come in and scout for the Bengals, but he never heard anything back.

That's disgusting....and the epitome of being pig-headed. Sick

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I might have some hope, but Willie and Munoz have said before that they'd come in to help with the OL. As far as I know, Willie was invited for one day a couple of years ago. That's it. David Fulcher, many years ago, even said he'd like to come in and scout for the Bengals, but he never heard anything back.

Yeah, I remember the thing with Fulcher. He was very public about wanting to come in and help with scouting...and then nothing from Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's disgusting....and the epitome of being pig-headed. Sick

Agreed. Arguably the two best OL in team history have wanted to come in and help the OL, but the Bengals balk at the idea. Even Brian Simmons has become a scout in Jacksonville, and he was named the AFC Scout of the year a couple of years ago. Could we not lure him back here with a "head scout" or something like that?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Where is Ken getting this stat? I mean I guess it might be true but I remember both Whit and Zeit having bad games where they gave up multiple pressures at least. And the interior sacks weren't just all Bodine, I'm pretty sure more than one of those would have to be attributed to Zeitler so I'm skeptical about these numbers.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: True.  Ogbuehi gave up 11 before he was benched.  (Our new LT).  I feel sick.

On November 3rd, he had given up the most pressures of any offensive lineman with 24.

He had 29 since December 15th. However, he was benched since December 4th and on, until the Texans game. Where we saw how he did at LT.
Those two are according to Gil Brandt.

PFF says that Ogbuehi gave up 40 pressures and 9 sacks in 11 games.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. Arguably the two best OL in team history have wanted to come in and help the OL, but the Bengals balk at the idea. Even Brian Simmons has become a scout in Jacksonville, and he was named the AFC Scout of the year a couple of years ago. Could we not lure him back here with a "head scout" or something like that?

I dunno, is he cheap? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:56 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Where is Ken getting this stat? I mean I guess it might be true but I remember both Whit and Zeit having bad games where they gave up multiple pressures at least. And the interior sacks weren't just all Bodine, I'm pretty sure more than one of those would have to be attributed to Zeitler so I'm skeptical about these numbers.

I looked at his Twitter again.  Doesn't say where he got the stats.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit seriously?
Reply/Quote

To quote the great Mike Brown, " SCOUTS??  WE DON'T NEED NO MOTHER F'ING SCOUTS" Ninja

And now to quote Andy's kids... "daddy, I'm scared, I don't want you to get hurt" Sad
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Potential for what exactly? Setting the all time record for sacks allows?

They cannot run block. They cannot stop a bull rush. They cannot get in the right position.

The only new comer is Westerman, who didn't play at all last year. I don't see how he can play all 5 positions at the same time.
I see them giving up less than 41 sacks. Ogbuehi showed potential at left tackle. Fisher barely played at rt but near ebd if year looked really good. The rg and center should be our focus.
(03-10-2017, 12:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ogbuehi gave up two sacks and was promptly benched in his lone game at LT. Mellow

Fisher, I can see a tad bit of improvement, but he was already here.  Westerman is a total unknown, but Boling had to play most of last year with a shoulder injury and Westerman couldn't even be counted on to spell him.  That's not exactly reassuring to me.  If you're going to rely on the draft, you BETTER get a 100%, grade A, ready for the prime time, can't miss prospect to fill all of those holes, because our Canton bound o line coach even said himself, he can't coach them during the season. Mellow

Sorry if I don't share your optimism, but it's been shit show from the day Paul Brown died.  I can't believe I let myself get suckered back in.
Ogbuehi didnt get benched in that texans game. He gave up 2 sacks but the other 41 passing plays his man was nowhere near the qb and ogbuehi was more than holding his own against an elite pass rusher. Never once did that at right tackle. Gives me hope. If we can then draft a center which a good center makes the whole line click, i think we could be an above average oline.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see them giving up less than 41 sacks. Ogbuehi showed potential at left tackle. Fisher barely played at rt but near ebd if year looked really good. The rg and center should be our focus.
Ogbuehi didnt get benched in that texans game. He gave up 2 sacks but the other 41 passing plays his man was nowhere near the qb and ogbuehi was more than holding his own against an elite pass rusher. Never once did that at right tackle. Gives me hope. If we can then draft a center which a good center makes the whole line click, i think we could be an above average oline.

Don't see it, but appreciate your optimism.  He did not play the rest of the season, Clowney has been borderline bust material.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I looked at his Twitter again.  Doesn't say where he got the stats.

There seems to be some discrepancy between sites as far as who takes responsibility for the sack, which makes sense because it is not always obvious.
Reply/Quote