Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-12-2021, 11:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: XSF/Spain victor starting over the horrible Mike Jordan.  Yes, technically XSF started for a few snaps at RG before missing most of the season with injury so if he wins the job, then he will technically be a repeat starter, but at a different position. 

Spain started half the season for the Bengals in 2020. He had another game where he didn't start, but he played 85% of the offensive snaps for the Bengals.

I'm not sure how a guy who played more than half the season last year can be counted as a new starter. Lol

(Also XSF started 5 games last year.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Trae Waynes revenge game...although I post this in jest.  I am not a big fan of him at all and I think the Vikes willl attack him, if he is able to make the field without injuring himself driving to the game.  

Yeah, I was just kidding with my post as well. Regarding Waynes, I hope he takes a step forward as a more productive contributor to success. It's tough to judge the quality of play though from him or others because I'm convinced our boy Lou as a coach hinders players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, to kind of flip the script....if a Viking fan watched the Bengals at all last year on defense, with the likes of LeShawn "my dude is always open" Sims and a revolving door of street guys at DT, I might also think they would "roll" our defense.  That is, as you said, a casual observer might not know the moves made in the offseason nor the extent of the injuries suffered last year.  Not silly at all in that case, either.  Just going by recent history...everyone, except the steelers on National TV, rolled our defense last year. 

Fwiw, I would laugh at a statement like that from a fan of pretty much every team, save maybe the Chiefs.

I've watched too much football in my life to ever say "We will roll them. No doubt in my mind".  There's way too much confidence and arrogance behind that statement, especially when you're a fan of this team.

And not for nothing, the Vikings fan would have a much easier time defending that statement.  They had the 4th ranked offense last season and are going against a Lou Anarumo defense.  The Bengals had the 28th ranked offense last season are going against a Mike Zimmer lead defense.   One offense has already proven to be capable of putting up yards, the other has not.  One defense has a HC running the show that has been historically a very good defensively minded coach.  The other has a DC that has shown nothing other than being among the worst in the game today.
Reply/Quote
We open as a 2.5 point underdog

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hope we don’t get to witness firsthand why they didn’t bring back wayans and reiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:15 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hope we don’t get to witness firsthand why they didn’t bring back wayans and reiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they didn't bring back Waynes because of $. He's a meh CB and the Bengals offered him $14m/yr.

Reiff I think was because they wanted to go younger/healthier (they replaced him with Darrisaw in the 1st). Reiff is about to be 33 and last played 16 games in 2015.

I don't think either are bad players, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Vikings started 1-6 last season before their bye. Our fans think the Vikings are better than they are because of their respect for Zimmer.

I think we barely lose this one. Cook has a good game and we witness our LBs getting abused. Jefferson eats us up over the middle because of the poor scheme we run.

Vikings 23 Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
high scoring affair but Minnesota wins outright.

44-31
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I don't think that defense is good at all anymore. Peterson is not the guy he used to be and is really maybe a year or two left in the league. Harrison Smith is still solid but not what he used to be. Anthony Harris left in FA. Their other corners aren't very good and their defensive line has really struggled to get a pass rush recently. In fact, their defense last year was one of the worst in the leagues...far worse than ours even.

I think this game turns into a shootout.

Just looking at who they have back and who they added I get the vibe their defense is going to be much improved. 
Danielle Hunter sat out last season and should be fully healed up. Last time he was playing he had 18 sacks. 

Their other two corners aren't very good??? One of them is MacKensie Alexander who everyone around here wanted back, now that he is gone he isn't very good?? The guy shut down several good slot receivers last season and practiced every week against Boyd. Then there is Cameron Dantzler who was just the 2nd highest graded rookie cornerback last season.... In what world are these two guys not good?????

The biggest factor in this is that the Bengals offense is being led by Zac Taylor and going against a defense led by Zimmer. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe bikes also overhauled their OL

They did, added a few new pieces and moved some guys around. But if you had to guess, which situation is easier to block in. Run first offense with play-action passing off the run or a shotgun empty set offense?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just looking at who they have back and who they added I get the vibe their defense is going to be much improved. 
Danielle Hunter sat out last season and should be fully healed up. Last time he was playing he had 18 sacks. 

Their other two corners aren't very good??? One of them is MacKensie Alexander who everyone around here wanted back, now that he is gone he isn't very good?? The guy shut down several good slot receivers last season and practiced every week against Boyd. Then there is Cameron Dantzler who was just the 2nd highest graded rookie cornerback last season.... In what world are these two guys not good?????

The biggest factor in this is that the Bengals offense is being led by Zac Taylor and going against a defense led by Zimmer. 

Jeff Gladney is the other and has poor ball skills/not too great in coverage. And Mack isn't bad, as we all saw, but he's not a boundary guy, thus making his game somewhat 1-dimensional.

Maybe Boyd will have a poor game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is a nasty D to start off the season against. That secondary is really good with the addition of Patrick Peterson, MacKensie Alexander back in Minnesota, and Harrison Smith. If Taylor tries to win the game throwing the ball 40 plus times, it will be a loss.

BS.. I say they throw it 50 times and win handily.. This isn't 1999 anymore.. We are built to throw the ball all over if you haven't noticed that...
Reply/Quote
week 4, Sep 30 is supposedly the Jags on TNF Lawrence vs Burrow. Home TNF likely means week 3 is an away game

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just looking at who they have back and who they added I get the vibe their defense is going to be much improved. 

Hunter has never been the issue, it's getting production anywhere else. Their defensive line is still bottom half of the league with Hunter.

I was thinking Gladney who was horrible and played a ton of snaps last year after being a high pick, but Dantzler was okay so they have an average corner I guess. Alexander is not special hence why he keeps ending up in FA and keeps getting low-level contracts. The idea of Alexander is better than the performance by him. 
Reply/Quote
Week 7, Halloween, Jets

Reply/Quote
The Vikings are beatable and it all starts with the Bengals defensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:05 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Chase, Moss, Jefferson and Burrow on the field at the same time. Definitely a good matchup to start the season.

Might be Zim's first close look at his future team Ninja

I know you ninja'd it Bengaloo but it is possible, was thinking the same thing. Make or break year for Taylor and company.

Zim is loved here, would be a major upgrade over Taylor if he doesn't get his shit together.

(05-11-2021, 11:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is a nasty D to start off the season against. That secondary is really good with the addition of Patrick Peterson, MacKensie Alexander back in Minnesota, and Harrison Smith. If Taylor tries to win the game throwing the ball 40 plus times, it will be a loss.

Think our Offense might be okay if we can run on them. Thinking the team that runs better and doesn't turn the ball over
wins this game. But yeah, throwing the ball a lot is a recipe for disaster going against the Vikes in game 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: The Vikings are beatable and it all starts with the Bengals defensive line.

Hope Reader, Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Hubbard and Ossai all play well. Use Shelvin to help bottle up the run.
Reply/Quote
damn...Denver in December ...Week 15 Dec 19th

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 03:45 PM)pally Wrote: damn...Denver in December ...Week 15 Dec 19th

That's a big advantage for us that late in the year.  We actually practice in the cold.   The Broncos won't know what hit them after spending the entire week in their hoity toity practice facility.
Reply/Quote