Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule release Wednesday
Saw on NFL Network the 2019 Regular Season Schedule will be released Wednesday @ 8PM Eastern on NFLN.

Where do some of you think the Bengals open up?

@ Baltimore, @ Pittsburgh: Can't be either one as both the Pirates and Orioles are at home 9/8. Could be Monday Night early as
the baseball teams are either on the road or have the night off. However Browns @ Jets seems to be
getting the most attention as the MNF Early game.

@ LA Rams: Game has already been confirmed for London. Never has there been a London game Week #1

@ Miami: Possible

@ Buffalo: Possible

@ Oakland: A's at The Coliseum Week #1. Could be MNF late since A's are off, but no Eastren Time Zone team has played in the late MNF Game Week #1.

@ Cleveland: As mentioned above Browns @ Jets is being rumored as early MNF game since it is MNF's 50th season and Jets @ Browns was the 1st ever MNF game.

@ Seattle: My prediction. We can get 1 of 2 West Coast trips out of the way right off the bat.
Reply/Quote
Excellent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I expect the schedule will be further proof the NFL hates us and has it out for us, regardless.
Reply/Quote
I would guess it will be @ Buffalo....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 09:47 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: @ Seattle: My prediction.  We can get 1 of 2 West Coast trips out of the way right off the bat.

This is my thinking.  Open either in Seattle or Oakland.  Get that west coast trip over with while we are fresh and rested.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I expect the schedule will be further proof the NFL hates us and has it out for us, regardless.

Open in Oakland

Week two in London.

4 days later home opener against Pittsburgh on Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Open in Oakland

Week two in London.

Typical NFL, making sure we play the Steelers without Burfict yet again!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is my thinking.  Open either in Seattle or Oakland.  Get that west coast trip over with while we are fresh and rested.

Which is why it won't happen. The NFL will screw us and make us play the West Coast and London in the middle stretch....
Reply/Quote

Week two in London.

A's in town 9/8 so CIN-OAK Week #1 can'r happen

It could actually happen as late MNF game, but highly unlikely Bengals open on MNF.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 01:18 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: A's in town 9/8 so CIN-OAK Week #1 can'r happen

It could actually happen as late MNF game, but highly unlikely Bengals open on MNF.

Actually I was trying to come up with the worst possible schedule for the Bengals.  So opening in Oakland on a Monday night would be even worse in this case.  Give us a short week to fly to London, and then a short week when we fly back.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo sounds about right, but I'm not about to predict the league gets in the habit of doing us any favors.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd prefer no Monday nights at all. I hate waiting. If every game is 1 pm on Sundays, that's fine with me. I'll take a flex to Sunday night, because that means will be in the running.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 02:26 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I'd prefer no Monday nights at all. I hate waiting. If every game is 1 pm on Sundays, that's fine with me.

Same.

We know we have one 9:00 AM in London and one Thursday night.  We also have two west coast games (Sea, Oak) that will be 4:00 eastern kick offs.

Other than that I want all Sunday 1:00.
Reply/Quote
My Guess:

Week 1: Bye
Week 2: @ Oakland
Week 3 @ Rams (London)
Week 4: Jacksonville
Week 5: @ Pittsburgh
Week 6: Arizona
Week 7: @ Seattle
Week 8: San Francisco
Week 9: @ Cleveland (Kareem Hunt's first game back)
Week 10: Pittsburgh
Week 11: New England
Week 12: @ Baltimore
Week 13: New York Jets
Week 14: @ Buffalo
Week 15: Baltimore
Week 16: Cleveland
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: My Guess:

Week 3 @ Rams (London)

I don't see a loss on that schedule.

Dey Don't Know Who Dey F***in' With !!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Week two in London.

That would truly be an f'd opening scheduled.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 02:26 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I'd prefer no Monday nights at all. I hate waiting. If every game is 1 pm on Sundays, that's fine with me. I'll take a flex to Sunday night, because that means will be in the running.

I agree.

Save for flexing; we still haven't won a Sunday Nighter, since 2006 or whatever. And NBC is bad luck; too much negativity and shit-talking from that network, when we play there.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: My Guess:

Week 3 @ Rams (London)

I'd hope they give us the bye after the London trip, but I like this schedule.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'm so glad the NFL got rid of the week 1 bye. I remember the Bengals had that. It sucked. I don't think the Bengals will get a Monday night game, but if they do. I'd lean towards Oakland week 1.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2019, 09:14 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: I'm so glad the NFL got rid of the week 1 bye. I remember the Bengals had that. It sucked. I don't think the Bengals will get a Monday night game, but if they do. I'd lean towards Oakland week 1.

I don't like them getting a bye in the 3rd or 4th week like they did a few years ago. It's worthless to them so early on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote