Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
>>> Scheduled Board Downtime <<<
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Due to a continually increasing volume of usage/bandwidth over the past few months, I've had to upgrade our server to be able to accommodate both the current and future growth of the board. The server has had some issues recently, and as most know, crashed for over half an hour during the draft. If the current package can't hold up for the draft, there's now way it will be able to handle game days...so there's no other option but to upgrade to platform that can handle extremely high peaks in and still give us top notch performance. 

The downtime for the upgrade is expected to be pretty short, estimated to be about an hour to an hour and a half, and will happen sometime during the evening/overnight between the 11th and 14th based on their message:

Hi BJ, your server is now scheduled to be upgraded to the new platform. This upgrade requires downtime. Between May 11 and May 14, 2020 from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. EST/PST, based on your data center's timezone, your migration to the new platform will begin.

Your upgrade offers many benefits such as safer and more secure environments, increased stability, and an overall better quality of service and increased level of performance.

During the migration, your server will need to be offline while we migrate your data. This means your website will not be available. The migration will not require a change in your IP address or server name.
  • MIGRATION DATE: Between May 11 2020 - May 14 2020
  • TIME: 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. EST/PST (Based on your data center's timezone)
  • YOUR ESTIMATED DOWNTIME: 50 minutes to 75 Minutes

Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully, most won't even notice it. Just trying to ensure we don't have any issues in the future and we're running on the best performing server / platform possible. It's all part of making sure The Bengals Board remains the best fan site on the web for years to come! Joe

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
No problems! Better to do it now than crashing on GameDay.
Its actually a good thing. More fans excited about the Bengals with this whole off season!

Do you have enough or do we need to raise more money?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, let us know if we can help.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to know. As we won't all be emailing and FB private messaging one another, trying to find out where the board went. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bump to keep the thread towards the top of the list, so others can be certain they see it.

Maybe we should make it sticky?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 11:35 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Maybe we should make it sticky?

Ewwww!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 11:35 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Bump to keep the thread towards the top of the list, so others can be certain they see it.

Maybe we should make it sticky?

Do you guys need help with that too?   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 12:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do you guys need help with that too?   Hilarious

You offering????  Nervous
Reply/Quote
Awesome news.

Can you send Denny an invitation to join on Twitter?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 01:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Awesome news.

Can you send Denny an invitation to join on Twitter?

Denny from the old board?

That reminds me of his prediction when all of us first started this...which was that it would fail pretty quickly because message boards were outdated. Now, here we are --- tomorrow being the 5 year anniversary of the board --- still going strong and growing. 

I'm not trying to knock the guy or whatever, as I got along with him OK on the old board, but I'm glad he was very wrong about his prediction. To his credit, he did compliment the board on Twitter after he saw we were still doing well.

Man, 5 years in the books already. Talk about time flying! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2020, 04:17 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Due to a continually increasing volume of usage/bandwidth over the past few months, I've had to upgrade our server to be able to accommodate both the current and future growth of the board. The server has had some issues recently, and as most know, crashed for over half an hour during the draft. If the current package can't hold up for the draft, there's now way it will be able to handle game days...so there's no other option but to upgrade to platform that can handle extremely high peaks in and still give us top notch performance. 

The downtime for the upgrade is expected to be pretty short, estimated to be about an hour to an hour and a half, and will happen sometime during the evening/overnight between the 11th and 14th based on their message:

Hi BJ, your server is now scheduled to be upgraded to the new platform. This upgrade requires downtime. Between May 11 and May 14, 2020 from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. EST/PST, based on your data center's timezone, your migration to the new platform will begin.

Your upgrade offers many benefits such as safer and more secure environments, increased stability, and an overall better quality of service and increased level of performance.

During the migration, your server will need to be offline while we migrate your data. This means your website will not be available. The migration will not require a change in your IP address or server name.
  • MIGRATION DATE: Between May 11 2020 - May 14 2020
  • TIME: 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. EST/PST (Based on your data center's timezone)
  • YOUR ESTIMATED DOWNTIME: 50 minutes to 75 Minutes

Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully, most won't even notice it. Just trying to ensure we don't have any issues in the future and we're running on the best performing server / platform possible. It's all part of making sure The Bengals Board remains the best fan site on the web for years to come! Joe

Thanks, BJ
  • Do you need some more donations to help with the cost?  I would like to help.
  • [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
    Reply/Quote
    Phew...time fly's. Appreciate this board & it's members.
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 04:39 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No problems! Better to do it now than crashing on GameDay.
    Its actually a good thing. More fans excited about the Bengals with this whole off season!

Do you have enough or do we need to raise more money?

(05-10-2020, 09:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, let us know if we can help.

(05-10-2020, 02:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Do you need some more donations to help with the cost?  I would like to help.

I didn't want to ask for any help, but it is a pretty substantial cost to go to this new platform and did hurt a little LOL :

Elite
    Intel Xeon E3 1270 v6
    1 Year Subscription
    $2507.88( $208.99 /mo )

- Applied Credit (previous package)
    $1048.83

+ Server Management Support
    $25.00

Subtotal: $1484.05
    Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $1484.05

I've already made the payment and we're good to go with the scheduled transfer/upgrade. The upgrade is good for a full year, and should allow us to be problem free during game days this season. They also gave me a credit for the time on the old package that we did, so that helped a lot.

If anyone wants to chip in and help, that's awesome and would be greatly appreciated...but because of the current times, I know that money is tight, which is why I didn't do a fundraiser for this and decided to just covered it myself.
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I didn't want to ask for any help, but it is a pretty substantial cost to go to this new platform and did hurt a little LOL :

Elite
    Intel Xeon E3 1270 v6
    1 Year Subscription
    $2507.88( $208.99 /mo )

$1048.83

$25.00

I've already made the payment and we're good to go with the scheduled transfer/upgrade. The upgrade is good for a full year, and should allow us to be problem free during game days this season. They also gave me a credit for the time on the old package that we did, so that helped a lot.

If anyone wants to chip in and help, that's awesome and would be greatly appreciated...but because of the current times, I know that money is tight, which is why I didn't do a fundraiser for this and decided to just covered it myself.

Send us the link Wink
    [Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 03:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Send us the link Wink

This^^^
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 03:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Send us the link Wink

Well damn, I hadn't planned on getting any help with it, so I didn't have anything ready. LOL

I just went and made another donations thing on GoFundMe - https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-bengals-board-upgrade-fund
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 02:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Denny from the old board?

That reminds me of his prediction when all of us first started this...which was that it would fail pretty quickly because message boards were outdated. Now, here we are --- tomorrow being the 5 year anniversary of the board --- still going strong and growing. 

I'm not trying to knock the guy or whatever, as I got along with him OK on the old board, but I'm glad he was very wrong about his prediction. To his credit, he did compliment the board on Twitter after he saw we were still doing well.

Man, 5 years in the books already. Talk about time flying! Mellow

That’s the reason behind my suggestion.
    Reply/Quote
    Thanks for all you do, Holic. Rock On
    Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
    Reply/Quote
    (05-10-2020, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I didn't want to ask for any help, but it is a pretty substantial cost to go to this new platform and did hurt a little LOL :

Elite
    Intel Xeon E3 1270 v6
    1 Year Subscription
    $2507.88( $208.99 /mo )

$1048.83

$25.00

We are happy to help and extremely appreciative that we have this board. 
    Reply/Quote
    Thank you holic. You shouldn’t have to eat this. We’ve got your back. I recognize times are tough for many and we also have their backs as well.

I enjoy reading the convos here- worth a donation to keep this rolling!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote