Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedules to be announced May 7
Schedules are set to be announced Thursday night at 8pm on NFL Network. Still planning on a full schedule and starting on time. There will be no international games which i'm sure we all knew would happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-announces-release-of-2020-schedule-how-to-watch-date-time-tv-channel-and-more/?fbclid=IwAR3ODaz_iTf2AeM9MnFa-a8I4sEcJ_V8lNV3e0tNAToAifYgrtaSCtuRYGM
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
THIS is something to be excited about...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heard on ESPN today they are making some minor changes in case the season is delayed. All divisional games will be played later in the season. This makes sense since a shortened season could create havoc in the divisional standings. And of course no international games.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Got something from the Bengals app today saying if you go to Bengals.com (or I guess the app?) you can see the schedule 30 minutes early with Zac and Duke talking about their thoughts on the schedule. Mostly just time-killing fluff I'm sure but for someone who has to book plane tickets for their games I'm happy to see it as soon as I can while a Southwest Airlines sale is ending later the same night.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 04:47 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Got something from the Bengals app today saying if you go to Bengals.com (or I guess the app?) you can see the schedule 30 minutes early with Zac and Duke talking about their thoughts on the schedule. Mostly just time-killing fluff I'm sure but for someone who has to book plane tickets for their games I'm happy to see it as soon as I can while a Southwest Airlines sale is ending later the same night.

Looks like all teams can post schedules on their websites at 7:30pm now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-schedule-will-be-released-slightly-earlier-than-originally-planned-on-thursday/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 04:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Heard on ESPN today they are making some minor changes in case the season is delayed. All divisional games will be played later in the season. This makes sense since a shortened season could create havoc in the divisional standings. And of course no international games.

I also saw today that all the interconference games will be played in the first 4 weeks.  So we'll be playing the NFCE weeks 1-4.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 04:47 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Got something from the Bengals app today saying if you go to Bengals.com (or I guess the app?) you can see the schedule 30 minutes early with Zac and Duke talking about their thoughts on the schedule. Mostly just time-killing fluff I'm sure but for someone who has to book plane tickets for their games I'm happy to see it as soon as I can while a Southwest Airlines sale is ending later the same night.

I have nothing but a gut feeling to back this up, but I don't think there will be fans in attendance if there is a season this year. Something could definitely change between now and then, but there is literally no way to maintain distance at an NFL game. There are too many choke points.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 10:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: I also saw today that all the interconference games will be played in the first 4 weeks.  So we'll be playing the NFCE weeks 1-4.

Shit... guess no Cowboys again this year... my buddy and I will be pissed lol; 2016 got cancelled due to a car accident (and din't go through insurance, because my wife had a claim from the previous year) and now this year because of this. Grrr :@
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: I have nothing but a gut feeling to back this up, but I don't think there will be fans in attendance if there is a season this year. Something could definitely change between now and then, but there is literally no way to maintain distance at an NFL game. There are too many choke points.

Look up Miami Dolphins ideas.. they have some good ideas of at least having some attendance would be season ticket holders mostly, how they control in and out of gates, social distance, concessions...
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 04:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Heard on ESPN today they are making some minor changes in case the season is delayed. All divisional games will be played later in the season. This makes sense since a shortened season could create havoc in the divisional standings. And of course no international games.

From the schedule leaks today.. ESPN is incorrect.. Bears and Lions.. Eagles and Redskins leaks for 1st game.. come on give me the Brownies at home Week 1
Reply/Quote
HOT TAKE - I predict something about our schedule will lead to us concluding that the NFL hates us and loves the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 05:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HOT TAKE - I predict something about our schedule will lead to us concluding that the NFL hates us and loves the Steelers.

Both games will be on the road at Pitt week 1 and week 2

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
not much is leaking at all compared to previous years. Those closed team offices mean fewer eyes on the early copies of the schedules

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Think we can get a week 1 home opener this year?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 06:55 PM)tBengal Wrote: Think we can get a week 1 home opener this year?

maybe...the Reds are away on the traditional opening weekend

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 05:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HOT TAKE - I predict something about our schedule will lead to us concluding that the NFL hates us and loves the Steelers.

Well, complain if you must but the Steelers still own the Bengals. Beating Pittsburgh will be the litmus test for Cincinnati's improvement in the future. Until then, the Bengals will always be in the "lower class" of the NFL and never taken as a serious contender.
Reply/Quote

And we'll be right!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 07:43 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Well, complain if you must but the Steelers still own the Bengals. Beating Pittsburgh will be the litmus test for Cincinnati's improvement in the future. Until then, the Bengals will always be in the "lower class" of the NFL and never taken as a serious contender.

Losing an a rival in your divison on a consistent base does not make you the "lower class" of the NFL... that is 2 games out of 16.. The reason the Steelers and Bengals were talked about so much was all the events that heightened it.. but if you notice last couple years with Bengals struggling and Steelers not being in playoffs you hardly hear anything.. 

Now we do need to start winning against them if we want to have a better chance of competing for division but it does not make use a lower class... losing like we did in the 90s now that would...
Reply/Quote