Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schiano out
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-hires-greg-mattison-from-michigan-replaces-greg-schiano-as-defensive-coordinator/

Good deal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't read the part about co-defensive coordinators, not sure I like that ?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 08:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Didn't read the part about  co-defensive coordinators, not sure I like that ?

It's a good situation, to have Co-Coordinators.  Mattison is getting up in age, and likely appreciates having to only look after one position group on the defense.  I'm guessing that the only way they could get him to be the DL coach was to make it a coordinator offer, so that it was a promotion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a good situation, to have Co-Coordinators.  Mattison is getting up in age, and likely appreciates having to only look after one position group on the defense.  I'm guessing that the only way they could get him to be the DL coach was to make it a coordinator offer, so that it was a promotion.

I'm just glad Schiano is gone ! The defense sucked the bulk of the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm just glad Schiano is gone ! The defense sucked the bulk of the season.

I think that many of us are happy about that part!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote