Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schobert gone
Must have had the free agency money in the stock market.
Reply/Quote
The freaking Dolphins have already signed 8 free agents, many of them "big" names. They're going to be cap compliant. And they're not even finished.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After parting with Dalton and Glenn, the Bengals will be sitting on $80+ million in cap space.

Normally I'd get it, but now is not the time to haggle over $1-2 million on a key free agent.

hard to compete with no income tax ask MJ93     While bengals offer fair market deals we rarely try and overpay for players.  We lost this bidding war..  OR Schobert just choose Jacksonville.  Its not always about that 1 to 2 million sometimes there are other factors.

Like maybe he likes trips to london
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The freaking Dolphins have already signed 8 free agents, many of them "big" names. They're going to be cap compliant. And they're not even finished.

Free agents arent always smart... Last time Dolphins did that...  Most of them didn't see year 2 of their contracts.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After parting with Dalton and Glenn, the Bengals will be sitting on $80+ million in cap space.

Normally I'd get it, but now is not the time to haggle over $1-2 million on a key free agent.

More than $1-2, try $3.
To "match" with Ohio's 5.75% tax rate, we would have had to offer $57 mil so that in the end he would still make $53.72 mil.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Free agents arent always smart... Last time Dolphins did that...  Most of them didn't see year 2 of their contracts.

I realize spending at those extremes is hardly foolproof. Just ties in with some of the discussion in this thread about the difficulty of negotiating the confines of the salary cap.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:00 PM)pally Wrote:

Why match that offer when they can sign 3 or 4 scrubs for the same money to meet the minimum salary cap?

It doesn't matter that those 3 or 4 can't be on the field at the same time.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: More than $1-2, try $3.
To "match" with Ohio's 5.75% tax rate, we would have had to offer $57 mil so that in the end he would still make $53.72 mil.

I still would of done it to try and solidify the fan base. This is stupid waiting with this tampering going on.

If everybody else is tampering, we should tamper and out bid someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hard to compete with no income tax ask MJ93     While bengals offer fair market deals we rarely try and overpay for players.  We lost this bidding war..  OR Schobert just choose Jacksonville.  Its not always about that 1 to 2 million sometimes there are other factors.

Like maybe he likes trips to london

I mean, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN - which seems like a credible source - says we just weren't willing to match Jacksonville's offer...which implies that he would've signed if we'd matched. Either way, our offer wasn't competitive. We always seem to be the team who isn't willing to slightly overpay...which normally isn't a terrible thing, but when you are sitting on this much cap space, that would be the time to not nickel and dime it.

Whatever though. I'm sure all will be fine, just as it has for the last 30 years. Since free agency was implemented.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Burrow sees how lazy Mike Brown is being and it makes him even more determined to win here.
Reply/Quote
The coaches are finally seeing what all the negativity surrounding the team comes from.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN - which seems like a credible source - says we just weren't willing to match Jacksonville's offer...which implies that he would've signed if we'd matched. Either way, our offer wasn't competitive. We always seem to be the team who isn't willing to slightly overpay...which normally isn't a terrible thing, but when you are sitting on this much cap space, that would be the time to not nickel and dime it.

Whatever though. I'm sure all will be fine, just as it has for the last 30 years. Since free agency was implemented.

It is beyond stupid. Doesn't reassure anyone which was badly needed here.

Neither the fans nor Burrow, nor the players will have any confidence in this FO at all after this.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: More than $1-2, try $3.

People keep bringing up if's and but's about tax rate and "maybe he liked Jacksonville".

That can go both ways. Maybe Joe wanted to stay in Ohio, where he's been for the last 4 years. Maybe he wanted to be closer to his family in Wisconsin.

Either way, we didn't even match Jacksonville's offer, so this idea that matching wouldn't have been enough is moot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully Burrow sees how lazy Mike Brown is being and it makes him even more determined to win here.

He cannot do it all. I think your Wheel Burrow nick name is completely accurate after this crap.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully Burrow sees how lazy Mike Brown is being and it makes him even more determined to win here.

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN - which seems like a credible source - says we just weren't willing to match Jacksonville's offer...which implies that he would've signed if we'd matched. Either way, our offer wasn't competitive. We always seem to be the team who isn't willing to slightly overpay...which normally isn't a terrible thing, but when you are sitting on this much cap space, that would be the time to not nickel and dime it.

Think of all the heart attacks if they said they would be active and then actually did it.  Mike's just doing a public service.

If it was me, I'd follow the Ratbirds model.  I can't say for sure how perfect they are in the draft, (they sure seem to be good at it), but man, how is it that every FA they sign pays out in spades?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes! Now I can buy my Nick Vigina Vaginal fart jersey when he get's his 5 year 40 mil extension! Stupid Raiders and Gunther. Really hoped they'd sign him to prevent this from happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The coaches are finally seeing what all the negativity surrounding the team comes from.

Our coaching staff directly benefited from the lack of faith the world has in our FO.  I'm more worried about people like Burrow who are good enough to get a job 31 other places, not coaches who have the option to be top dog here or underlings elsewhere.

Hell, I'm not even worried about Burrow.  Draft him and hope AJ and Jonah coming back are hype enough.  I mean, Burrow and AJ and Jonah and a healthy John Ross in 2020?  That's like having a whopping FOUR 1st round picks!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:34 PM)samhain Wrote: Yes!  Now I can buy my Nick Vigina Vaginal fart jersey when he get's his 5 year 40 mil extension!  Stupid Raiders and Gunther.  Really hoped they'd sign him to prevent this from happening.

The Raiders were too busy signing two better guys.

I don't have a problem keeping Vigil but not at a big number and absolutely not if he's our best LB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He cannot do it all. I think your Wheel Burrow nick name is completely accurate after this crap.

Oh I said that back when I was being a negative Nately...now I'm on the crazywagon!  The more we fudge up and the more Mike Brown sits on his arse during trade deadlines and free agency the madder Burrow is gonna get.

He's gonna be like the Ultimate Warrior after Randy Savage dropped five flying elbows on him in a row, he's gonna come in here and just run wild.  Maybe he will gorilla press slam MIke Brown.
Reply/Quote