Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Schumer/Biden lose emergency border bill
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 09:16 PM)pally Wrote: We must assume that Republicans are only using the border for political purposes and have no desire to solve any of the problems.  Everything in the bill was agreed to by Republican leadership before your dear leader decided he couldn’t let Joe Biden have a “win” that could help him in November.

Lindsey Graham went so far as to say it was the most conservative bill they could possibly get.

So now, what is the plan?  Because even if elected, there is no way in hell Trump will successfully get a border bill through Congress.

Show us where we get to no illegal immigrants into US with the bill they proposed. Trump fought Democrats in court to stop catch and release, Biden reversed it in first 30 days in office. It is a fight Trump won in court, he will recreate it in 2025. This will deter them attempting to get in for jobs, they will have to go back to Mexico and await asylum hearings. They will also have to apply for asylum in their own country and have a valid passport. All things Biden stopped.

I promise you this, under Trump will not have 2 million illegal immigrants (conservative number as Biden let in 3 million in 2023) released in the US a year.

Any 10 year old can read that bill and see it is not geared to deter/end illegal immigrants entering the US. I also know he will reduce the number of got aways by repairing the wall Biden officials purposely opened up to allow illegal immigrants to enter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 11:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:

Why now? He allowed 8 to 10 million illegal immigrants in his first 3 years.

This proves he had the power all along. One more huge lie by Biden. He did not need Congress to deter illegal immigration.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 11:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:

LOL just reinstate the polices that where working before you came into office.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LOL just reinstate the polices that where working before you came into office.

Like what, for example?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Show us where we get to no illegal immigrants into US with the bill they proposed. Trump fought Democrats in court to stop catch and release, Biden reversed it in first 30 days in office. It is a fight Trump won in court, he will recreate it in 2025. This will deter them attempting to get in for jobs, they will have to go back to Mexico and await asylum hearings. They will also have to apply for asylum in their own country and have a valid passport. All things Biden stopped.

I promise you this, under Trump will not have 2 million illegal immigrants (conservative number as Biden let in 3 million in 2023) released in the US a year.

Any 10 year old can read that bill and see it is not geared to deter/end illegal immigrants entering the US. I also know he will reduce the number of got aways by repairing the wall Biden officials purposely opened up to allow illegal immigrants to enter.

so because you can't stop everyone you shouldn't try to stop anyone? That is an argument for open borders.

You can't guarantee anything when it comes to the border. Trump wasn't able to stop illegal immigration when he was President before so why assume he will be able to do it if elected again?

And again I remind you, that immigrants claiming asylum are not ILLEGAL immigrants. Under the current US law on asylum, 90% of asylum seekers are granted temporary residence.  Republicans have chosen to play politics instead of fixing that law

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think this is what baffles me the most. The MAGA folks have been saying the quiet part out loud on things like this for years, now, and their constituents just ignore it. I mean, seriously, it is amazing to me that this happens. It is the whole "leopards eating faces" party thing in real life. They say the quiet part out loud, the people get screwed over, but they blame the other side even though the people they are for said they did it!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 01:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think this is what baffles me the most. The MAGA folks have been saying the quiet part out loud on things like this for years, now, and their constituents just ignore it. I mean, seriously, it is amazing to me that this happens. It is the whole "leopards eating faces" party thing in real life. They say the quiet part out loud, the people get screwed over, but they blame the other side even though the people they are for said they did it!

up is down and down is up and the people who say otherwise are the crazy ones.  Welcome to MAGAworld

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Like what, for example?

The one where Trump tells his supporters the border is totally secure and they believe it?

(02-21-2024, 01:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think this is what baffles me the most. The MAGA folks have been saying the quiet part out loud on things like this for years, now, and their constituents just ignore it. I mean, seriously, it is amazing to me that this happens. It is the whole "leopards eating faces" party thing in real life. They say the quiet part out loud, the people get screwed over, but they blame the other side even though the people they are for said they did it!

What baffles me about this is that Trump supporters obviously believe Trump over their own eyes, so why is he interfering with this stuff? Let the border security bill pass and then tell everyone that the border is a total mess and that Biden did nothing other than make it worse, and that a million rapists are crossing every day and getting welfare and that you'll fix it.

In this case I'd actually say Trump would benefit because when he takes over in 2024 the border would actually have some security in place that he can instantly take credit for, but it doesn't matter because he can leave the border wide open and simply declare it "100% most secure border in the history of the universe" and people will believe him.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote: so because you can't stop everyone you shouldn't try to stop anyone? That is an argument for open borders.

You can't guarantee anything when it comes to the border. Trump wasn't able to stop illegal immigration when he was President before so why assume he will be able to do it if elected again?

And again I remind you, that immigrants claiming asylum are not ILLEGAL immigrants. Under the current US law on asylum, 90% of asylum seekers are granted temporary residence.  Republicans have chosen to play politics instead of fixing that law

Once again I remind you that you are not correct. We have laws that cover asylum seekers, but Biden has chosen not to adhere to them thus why Mayorkas was impeached.

They are to be documented and then returned to the last safe country they came from. The majority come from Mexico which is considered a safe country, so they should be processed and then sent back to Mexico to await asylum hearing.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds patriotic to me.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The one where Trump tells his supporters the border is totally secure and they believe it?

What baffles me about this is that Trump supporters obviously believe Trump over their own eyes, so why is he interfering with this stuff? Let the border security bill pass and then tell everyone that the border is a total mess and that Biden did nothing other than make it worse, and that a million rapists are crossing every day and getting welfare and that you'll fix it.

In this case I'd actually say Trump would benefit because when he takes over in 2024 the border would actually have some security in place that he can instantly take credit for, but it doesn't matter because he can leave the border wide open and simply declare it "100% most secure border in the history of the universe" and people will believe him.

He did that with the economy and unemployment numbers in 2017 and it worked for him

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 06:45 PM)pally Wrote: He did that with the economy and unemployment numbers in 2017 and it worked for him

I urge you to read the bill. You will find it allows 5000 illegal immigrants into the country plus catch and release.

If anyone has benefited from the now 10,000 million illegal immigrants under the 3 years of Biden or more than 36 states population, it is Biden's employment numbers.

The blue states are throwing all kinds of cash, meals, health insurance and shelter into the blue city economies, yet the blue cities are in trouble financially. The economy under Biden has taken middle class workers and now placed them in lower class. They are hurting and instead of securing our border (stopping/deterring policies), Democrats and Biden want to spend money on Ukraine.

Go back in time and Democrats would not give Trump 5 billion to build a wall to help secure our southern border. Joe Biden reversed the Trump border security policies, his policies gave us 10 billion with a 'B" illegal immigrants with almost 20% of them "get aways", none are vetted, many not vaccinated and are placed in our school system.

I know Democrats want to use the term MAGA as a way to embarrass or make those supporter feel stupid. It is not working as anyone who does not want to Make America Great is not a patriot. 

It is very easy to see who attempted to secure the border, we have 4 Trump years a 3 Biden years. The staggering numbers do not lie. Yet, you think we don't get it. We do and are smart enough to realize migrant crime will result in death and destruction in America, all of it could have prevented.

Biden owns the poor immigration policies, there is nothing he can co now to convince voters they want 4 more years of Biden's immigration policies.

Reply/Quote
Luvnit, when all is said and done. a Republican negotiated deal on the border was torpedoed by Donald Trump because he was afraid it would help the sitting president.

When faced with what is right versus what benefits him...he chooses himself each and every time

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The unfortunate reality is that he can do this because he knows that the MAGA base will believe this bullshit.

Reply/Quote
I bet if Trump wins in 2024 Steve Bannon and his crew will do another "Give us money for the wall" scam and get millions.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote: so because you can't stop everyone you shouldn't try to stop anyone? That is an argument for open borders.

Isn't that the argument that was used against The Wall? 

There is no way to stop everyone, but we can certainly make the path harder to get into the US.

I could list a bunch of small things that would help, but you know, it's pointless if you can't stop them all right?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Isn't that the argument that was used against The Wall? 

There is no way to stop everyone, but we can certainly make the path harder to get into the US.

I could list a bunch of small things that would help, but you know, it's pointless if you can't stop them all right?

The 1st argument against the wall was Mexico wasn't going to pay for it.

The 2nd was the gop never funded it either.

The 3rd was any wall wasn't enough as it didn't cover many places immigrants enter the country.

Then we heard it was finished, or two weeks from being finished.

Then we heard if it HAD been finished we wouldn't have illegal immigration.
Reply/Quote