Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumer: Trump and GOP agree to protect DACA w/o funding the Wall
(09-14-2017, 06:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So do you think it's possible that the majority of illegal immigrants are rapists? Like...the majority. 50%+. You don't think that you can safely call that statement BS? Come on, man.

Please...open my eyes for me. Show me this study. Prove me wrong.

It's not the majority of illegal immigrants, it's the majority of Mexican illegal immigrants. And it wasn't that a majority of them raped, IIRC. It was that a large number (majority, I don't recall) committed various crimes including rape.

I'd look for the study, but for 2 reasons:
1) I'm on my work computer and it's more restrictive than at my last job.
2) You have already demonstrated you don't care about the truth in this matter so I'm not going to waste my time.

I don't recall the legitimacy of the study, to be honest. I do believe it was taken serious and as such, the criticism levied against it was in its interpretation of the stats and data. I am going off memory, though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-14-2017, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well it seems democrats admit border security is a major issue and want to beef up security in a major way. Does this make them racist? Hmm

No more racist than Mexico wanting to beef up security along their southern border with Guatemala. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Its pregame time, but my 2 cents is keep Daca and help the good illegals already here.

At same time keep beefing up the border security and building more border fences where needed. People arent the only things coming across that border, so there is a legitimate reason to beef up that security, especially when much of local Mexico is compromised by the cartels.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(09-14-2017, 06:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So do you think it's possible that the majority of illegal immigrants are rapists? Like...the majority. 50%+. You don't think that you can safely call that statement BS? Come on, man.

Please...open my eyes for me. Show me this study. Prove me wrong.

It's BS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/07/08/donald-trumps-false-comments-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/?utm_term=.c89abf068f78

You likely saw this 2 years ago
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-14-2017, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well this will end up being an education rabbit hole. But I think we should be teaching languages early. Charter school here locally does this and its wonderful.

As to the second bit. Educating them and sending them back is a boom to their home country. They will go back and likely dominate.

If we could start by teaching them to use "your" and "you're" in a sentence correctly at least one of us would be impressed.
(09-14-2017, 06:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You both seem to have read something in my post that wasn't there. I stated it bothered me he was doing these things, referring to flipping or rolling over so often, for a reason. It is plural. Read my post again. I never said I don't like that this could become law, I am just concerned because of his behavior in this arena.

Got it
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-14-2017, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: or get stabbed looking for a Starbucks because they have no concept of what it's like to live in a 3rd world country. 

Or own the Starbucks and have his coffee delivered
(09-15-2017, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or own the Starbucks and have his coffee delivered

I'd rather keep that potential here.

(09-15-2017, 12:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'd rather keep that potential here.

I would rather they follow the laws and be here legally. Having potential doesn't matter if they thwart the law.
(09-15-2017, 11:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would rather they follow the laws and be here legally.  Having potential doesn't matter if they thwart the law.

Fortunately the new DACA will do that. Hopefully it'll go a step forward and give them a pathway to citizenship. No child should be punished for the crimes of their parents. 

(09-15-2017, 11:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fortunately the new DACA will do that. Hopefully it'll go a step forward and give them a pathway to citizenship. No child should be punished for the crimes of their parents. 

You are right no child should be punished. Too bad All those DACA people 18-36 years of age are not children. They are adults thwarting the law.

Under 18 should certainly be protected but never citizenship.
(09-15-2017, 11:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are right no child should be punished.  Too bad All those DACA people 18-36 years of age are not children.   They are adults thwarting the law.  

Under 18 should certainly be protected but never citizenship.

Good thing Congress seems to agree with me that non-violent people who are contributing to this country and trying to better themselves should be able to keep doing that. 

(09-16-2017, 10:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing Congress seems to agree with me that non-violent people who are contributing to this country and trying to better themselves should be able to keep doing that. 

Congress is full of progressives and allowing these people to be citizens is a complete disaster.

I'm glad we paid our fees and followed the laws. Too bad progressives in congress and people like you want to just spit in the faces of anyone who followed the laws like us.

It's a joke and makes this country look terrible.
(09-17-2017, 08:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Congress is full of progressives and allowing these people to be citizens is a complete disaster.

I'm glad we paid our fees and followed the laws. Too bad progressives in congress and people like you want to just spit in the faces of anyone who followed the laws like us.

It's a joke and makes this country look terrible.

One, neo-liberals aren't progressives, and Congress is full of neo-liberals.

Two, I know a lot of people that have emigrated legally that are fine with this. They recognize the undue hardship it would place on recipients of DACA to go through the process of becoming legal residents in the lawful way and how doing so would be highly improbable for the majority of them. I live in one of the most diverse and rapidly growing cities in Virginia, and we have a ton of immigrants here, both legal and undocumented. I am not unaccustomed to some of the hard feelings that exist between those that came here "the right way" and those that didn't, but I don't personally know any immigrants that think it reasonable to suggest forcing DACA recipients to go through the regular system.
I don't want to read the whole thread, but I bet some under educated racist homophobe used a racial epithet making me appreciate the way I was raised and wish the best for others. It must be really tough to build up ones own private community security wall and patrol it daily with a tiny little pea shooter in their waist. I feel so bad for them
(09-17-2017, 08:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: One, neo-liberals aren't progressives, and Congress is full of neo-liberals.

Two, I know a lot of people that have emigrated legally that are fine with this. They recognize the undue hardship it would place on recipients of DACA to go through the process of becoming legal residents in the lawful way and how doing so would be highly improbable for the majority of them. I live in one of the most diverse and rapidly growing cities in Virginia, and we have a ton of immigrants here, both legal and undocumented. I am not unaccustomed to some of the hard feelings that exist between those that came here "the right way" and those that didn't, but I don't personally know any immigrants that think it reasonable to suggest forcing DACA recipients to go through the regular system.

They made my wife go back and she was back for three months before we had to get her new visa. We followed the law. We didn't stay by hook and crook.

You living in a diverse community has zero to do with the price of tea in china. These DACA people ages 18-36 have no excuse. They just refused to get themselves right for some up to 18 years. The under 18 people are something conpletely different. Their parents are the criminals.
(09-17-2017, 08:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I don't want to read the whole thread, but I bet some under educated racist homophobe used a racial epithet making me appreciate the way I was raised and wish the best for others. It must be really tough to build up ones own private community security wall and patrol it daily with a tiny little pea shooter in their waist. I feel so bad for them

This thread has a lot of people who have zero clue on how the immigration process works and it's pathetic.

Really no one should be having a real position on this stuff unless they actually know what it takes to immigrate to the US. The level of ignorance on this topic on this board is amazing.

Funny part is that any poster who actuall understand the process doesn't come on here making excuses about how hard it is for these people to follow the law.
(09-17-2017, 10:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They made my wife go back and she was back for three months before we had to get her new visa.   We followed the law.    We didn't stay by hook and crook.  

You living in a diverse community has zero to do with the price of tea in china.    These DACA people ages 18-36 have no excuse.   They just refused to get themselves right for some up to 18 years.   The under 18 people are something conpletely different.   Their parents are the criminals.

Sure they do...they were brought here illegally.

That makes it harder to get into the system to become legal.  Thus: DACA.

Something that allows them to get into "a" system where they report, pay, and have to stay free of criminal activity AND give back (jobs/military service) in the hops that they will get a chance to become full citizens.

Focusing on the age ignores that they didn't come here at those ages but were brought here.

I have a friend who married someone from Australia.  While catching a flight but had overstayed his visa by 12 hours.  Ended up in handcuffs and was detained.  (mind you this was after Trump was elected and it was in Texas...so everything was a bit more extreme IMHO.)

The reason he overstayed was two fold:  1) He misread the date and 2) he was working on a paper with a professor.  They made him take a test in his field...even though that's not what he was here working on.  Luckily they gave an easy test.  Probably because the people giving it don't understand it either.  Smirk

So once he let out of custody he and his wife moved back to Australia.  And there they stay.  Not because the "system is hard" but because it became obvious that the system is being used to keep foreigners out period.  Not just the "Bad hombres".  And those who don't like foreigners can't be trusted to handle things by individual but rather by their personal convictions about "them".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-17-2017, 10:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They made my wife go back and she was back for three months before we had to get her new visa. We followed the law. We didn't stay by hook and crook.

You living in a diverse community has zero to do with the price of tea in china. These DACA people ages 18-36 have no excuse. They just refused to get themselves right for some up to 18 years. The under 18 people are something conpletely different. Their parents are the criminals.

The community I live in and my interactions with immigrants speaks to the difference of opinions among them regarding DACA from your opinion, and assuming the opinion of your wife.

You say they "just refused" to get themselves right, but this is ignoring that these people may not be fluent in the language spoken where their parents came from, they aren't going to fit in culturally (something you home spoken about many times), they may not have a status as a citizen of the country of their birth, they may not have any way to navigate the systems in that country, and I could go on and on and on. However, as this has already been pointed out several times in this thread, I know listing all of the reasons why this isn't just a "they refused to do so" is a disingenuous attack on DACA recipients and comparing their experiences to that of people like your wife that grew up in a different country and came here as an adult is inequitable will fall on deaf ears, so to speak.
(09-17-2017, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sure they do...they were brought here illegally.

That makes it harder to get into the system to become legal.  Thus: DACA.

Something that allows them to get into "a" system where they report, pay, and have to stay free of criminal activity AND give back (jobs/military service) in the hops that they will get a chance to become full citizens.

Focusing on the age ignores that they didn't come here at those ages but were brought here.

I have a friend who married someone from Australia.  While catching a flight but had overstayed his visa by 12 hours.  Ended up in handcuffs and was detained.  (mind you this was after Trump was elected and it was in Texas...so everything was a bit more extreme IMHO.)

The reason he overstayed was two fold:  1) He misread the date and 2) he was working on a paper with a professor.  They made him take a test in his field...even though that's not what he was here working on.  Luckily they gave an easy test.  Probably because the people giving it don't understand it either.  Smirk

So once he let out of custody he and his wife moved back to Australia.  And there they stay.  Not because the "system is hard" but because it became obvious that the system is being used to keep foreigners out period.  Not just the "Bad hombres".  And those who don't like foreigners can't be trusted to handle things by individual but rather by their personal convictions about "them".

Nothing has stopped them as adults to get legal. The fact is they do not want to be legal unless it's just given to them. Given to them for just having a family who doesn't care about the laws of the land

Why should they be favored?