Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Green Bay
First of all, the obvious:

Aaron Rogers is a stud.

Secondly, their running back combination of Jones and Dillon is really tough. Just when you think you get a break from the fast and shifty Jones, here comes Dillon to pound you. This actually bodes well as it will be strength against strength and I think the Bengal's run defense (and overall defense) will be up for the task.

Devonta Adams makes it look easy. He just glides and has amazing hands. I heard the announcers talking about him as another coach on the field, and how he and Rogers are just "so connected". The Bengals really need Awuzie out there for this game. I pray that we have him and Bates on the field this next weekend.

Their pass rush, although on grass over turf which seems to slow them just a bit, wasn't impressive. They weren't even getting to Piggy on plays where he held the ball. We all know the steelers line is garbage, but it actually held up fairly well with only two sacks (and I think they happened later in the game when they had a three score lead and they were just teeing off.

The steelers average 4 YPC but still chose to throw the ball almost 75% of the time.

Green Bay's safety play is VERY SUSCEPTIBLE. There were two WIDE OPEN throws to JJSS that Pig Ben just missed (not by much) that either one would have been a TD. I think Boyd will be a big factor in this game (as he usually is).

One last point about GB: Jaire Alexander injured his "AC Joint" late in the game making a big hit on Najae Harris. The severity of the injury has not been released, but he left the game. Not to sound like I am celebrating an injury, but he is their best CB. Could be a big factor.

The Packers have opened as early 3 point favorites and that line immediately moved to 3.5.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we get Higgins, Bates and Awuzie back this team can hang with anyone in the league right now.

I mean, who can handle Boyd, Chase and Higgins, add in Uzomahs performances this year and they are pretty difficult to stop.

Thing is, is if the offense can start scoring early or come me out flat. They need to score in all 4 quarters to compete with the cream of the crop in the nfl.

I’m cautiously optimistic for this game, but Rodgers can decimate any secondary in the nfl
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If we get Higgins, Bates and Awuzie back this team can hang with anyone in the league right now.

I mean, who can handle Boyd, Chase and Higgins, add in Uzomahs performances this year and they are pretty difficult to stop.

Thing is, is if the offense can start scoring early or come me out flat. They need to score in all 4 quarters to compete with the cream of the crop in the nfl.

I’m cautiously optimistic for this game, but Rodgers can decimate any secondary in the nfl

Dead on.  They haven't reached their peak by any stretch, but the Joe Burrow we have seen the last two weeks has been absolute money, and seems to not only be 100% over the injury from a mental standpoint, but has shown great mobility as well.

To your point about competing with the elite in the league and needing to score in all four quarters, that is also dead on.  The Bengals haven't played a complete four quarter game, but the Vikings game was really close.  

If the offense can sustain drives and put up points in all quarters, the defense also won't have to be on the field for 85 snaps like in the pitt game.   This keeps them fresh and making plays.  We all saw the first half against the Jags and the strength of the defense (arguably), the front four, was getting gashed in the rushing game and couldn't generate any pressure.  Having a full 10 days before the Green Bay game will be huge.

I am very excited for this game.  It has a "house money" feel to it and would put Cincy on the map of the top teams as the Packers have been in the NFC title game each of the past two years.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I mean, who can handle Boyd, Chase and Higgins, add in Uzomahs performances this year and they are pretty difficult to stop.

Daaaa Bears
Reply/Quote
I just hope we show up as competitive. This is the first good team we are facing.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:39 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Daaaa Bears

That D is nasty 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:39 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Daaaa Bears

You’re right, but I bet Joe would love to replay that game again. I think Jackson Carman would have helped in that game and Joe uncharacteristically forced throws he didn’t need to.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals weakness on defense is covering passes to running backs and that is something Aaron Rodgers excels at. The crowd noise will not rattle the veteran sure to be Hall Of Famer either. Rodgers is also still playing great, as good as ever. Rodgers could just pick Bengals defense apart. Beware of The Blitz, because Rodgers will see it coming and burn you bad. The veteran can read defenses in his sleep.

The Bengals have not played an offense like The Packers yet. Rogers has Blocking and many weapons especially that star running back that not only runs, but eats teams alive catching passes in the gaps of linebackers, which is a Bengals weakness still.

The Packers are going to score points. The Bengals better be able to score points.

I thought the Bengals defense missed Bates injured, as he was not there to come up and stuff the run or back in coverage. I'm glad the Bengals came back and finally took a lead on game winning field goal, but Packers are far better than Jaguars.

Bates, the RT and RG injured on the O Line, Higgins, other key DB's. Bengals need to get some of these players back to stand a chance against Packers.

I love that Bengals are 3-1. However they have beat Vikings, Steelers and Jaguars, 3 teams that are not playing all that well. Bengals lost to a tough Bears defense. Now comes a tough Packers offense. The best offense Bengals have faced yet.

This is The NFL, and even a good defense will not stop the Packers from scoring. They are like an NBA team, they will put up points. The Bengals need to answer with points. Bengals need to be thinking scoring over 30 points to beat Packers. This will not be a defensive low score game.

A younger Rodgers and Packers came to Cincinnati and Bengals pulled a huge upset, only because Bengals put up a lot of points as both teams lit up the scoreboard. So do not blame the Bengals defense if sure to be Hall Of Famer Aaron Rodgers put up a lot of points, because he does it to everybody. If the Bengals don't score enough, it will be the offenses fault.

I would like to see Bengals go to 4-1, but this is the best team Bengals have played yet.

Still, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense is going to have
To come up with some timely turnovers
And play takeaway. None of our CBs or S
Have any INTs this year. This would be
A ideal game to start.

Lou needs to rewind the film to when
Zimmer was able to contain Rogers.
Huge game for the LBers and CBs to not allow
YAC to Jones or Adams.
And this is a game where Randall Cobb
Can burn you on seam and skinny posts
Reply/Quote
Thankfully our guys will have had an extra couple of days of rest and recovery, and should be fresh. I didn't get to see the Packers/Steelers game, was it a physical game? I was not hoping for injury, but I was hoping it was a tough enough game to maybe wear down the Pack a little bit.
Reply/Quote
Will be interesting to see if Alexander is healthy, he left the game Sunday and would be a massive loss for GB.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:30 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals defense is going to have
To come up with some timely turnovers
And play takeaway. None of our CBs or S
Have any INTs this year. This would be
A ideal game to start.

Lou needs to rewind the film to when
Zimmer was able to contain Rogers.
Huge game for the LBers and CBs to not allow
YAC to Jones or Adams.
And this is a game where Randall Cobb
Can burn you on seam and skinny posts

Zimmer didn't contain Rodgers, Dalton out scored him.  It was an offensive shoot out.  The Packers are going to put up points Sunday, and The Bengals better be ready to put up points also like an NBA game. 

Again, Bengals on D are still weak on those passes in the linebacker gaps, and Rodgers picks those apart all game long.

Bengals need a HUGE offensive game. 21 or 24 points will not win this game. Bengals better get in the 30's to be in this game as they go up against one of best quarterbacks ever, and still playing great.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:52 AM)kevin Wrote: Again, Bengals on D are still weak on those passes in the linebacker gaps, and Rodgers picks those apart all game long.

I’m not sure if this is the case this year. I’ve seen ADG flying around and Logan Wilson making plays on the ball. Feeling the best about LB coverage as I have in a long time.
Reply/Quote
The Green Bay is the Bengals first real test against an elite time that is true Super Bowl contender.

It'll be interesting to see of the Bengals are ready to be competitive with the bog dogs of the league yet.

I think provided the Bengals get a fast start and don't nap through the first half, they'll be competitive on offense, and with a couple turnovers for the defense they may even be able to pull off a surprise victory.
Reply/Quote
I watched that Packers-Steelers game.I know the Steelers aren’t playing real well this year,but GB made them look pretty bad.This will be the Bengals biggest test so far without question.Rogers and his gang look scary good.To have any chance,the Bengals have to have Awuzie,Bates,Higgins,back 100% healthy.If that happens,I like our chances in this game.

Of course their strength is their Offense.They have weaknesses in their defense,of which I’m sure,Joe Burrow will be able to take advantage of in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m not sure if this is the case this year. I’ve seen ADG flying around and Logan Wilson making plays on the ball. Feeling the best about LB coverage as I have in a long time.

But with Bengals in a 4-2-5,  having only 2 LBs leaves gaps or gapping holes between D Line and secondary.  Short pass routes wide open, especially RB.  Bengals say they keep these plays in front of them, but Rodgers and Packers will take those plays in front of them all game long as they move the chains down field.  Leaving holes in the middle In Front Of Them may not be a good game plan for Packers who kill teams with Rodgers picking apart those open areas. 

Also beware of The Blitz, because the cagey veteran will read the D and burn the spots vacated by the blitzing defenders.  Unlike Big Ben, Rodgers is still pretty mobile and can still take off and run also. 

Packers will score 30 some points.  I just hope Bengals score more. GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I feel like this is a big game for the Bengals.

The Bengals have been up and down to this point but you could tell they were getting better every week. This game will be against a team with a winning record and the 2020 MVP. Good teams win the games they are supposed too...Great teams upset good teams at home. Can the Bengals step up and be great?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I will be shocked if the defense stops Rodgers. I expect him to carve up the defense when he has too. To me, this is the first real test this defense will have this year to see if it is the real deal or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If we get Higgins, Bates and Awuzie back this team can hang with anyone in the league right now.

I mean, who can handle Boyd, Chase and Higgins, add in Uzomah

Chicago?

Lol. Sorry. Couldn’t resist
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 02:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I feel like this is a big game for the Bengals.

The Bengals have been up and down to this point but you could tell they were getting better every week. This game will be against a team with a winning record and the 2020 MVP. Good teams win the games they are supposed too...Great teams upset good teams at home. Can the Bengals step up and be great?

Pressure is key, if you get to Rodgers he has shown this year to struggle a bit with it.
Reply/Quote