Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting The Bowl Games
I try to do this each year, but as the team improves I concern myself less and less with the draft. Also, given that the vast majority of top prospects opt out unless they are in the Championship playoffs there are fewer prospects to scout. WTS there are still some prospects we can look at, Feel free to add your own.
[Image: las_vegas_bowl_alt.png]
FLORIDA vs OSU (The 3rd one)
DEC 17th 2:30/ ESPN

FLORIDA:
GERVON DEXTER/DT
[Image: 1287000604.0.jpg]

Athletic specimen standing 6'6" weighing 318 lbs with only 24% Bodyfat. Strong: Can bench 425 and squat 655. 50 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 INT on the year. Willingness to support his teammates in a "meaningless" Bowl Game speaks well of his character. May be there in our 2nd if he doesn't blow up the combine.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Friday:
WF vs Mizzou
AT Perry WR WF I know nothing about him yet just heard his name as a prospect.

Isaiah McGuire Edge Mizzou (Note, has not declared yet as far as I can find)
Javon Foster LT Mizzou (Also has not confirmed if declaring. Jim Nagy says he's returning but I haven't seen either decision on twitter).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did anyone watch Maryland's bowl game?

They won 16-12.

Jaelyn Duncan looks like a Rd2 OT prospect. In Kiper's uodated big board, he has CB Deonte Banks in his top 25. Banks is a bigger corner the Bengals seem to favor. 6'2", 205.
Reply/Quote
Two guys I though pkayed well in the interior offensive line were Luke Wypler (Ohio State) and Steve Avila (TCU). TCU ran all over Michigan's supposedly great DL and supposed #1 pick Jevon Carter did not do much.

I do think we have bigger needs, but OL depth is an issue. If either is on the board Rd3 or so, might be worth it.
Reply/Quote