Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting The Bowl Games (23-24)
I usually do this every year and I used to do it much earlier, but with the Bengals still in contention, transfer portal, and opt-outs I haven't gotten into the College Bowls, but I plan to change that over the next few days.

If any draftniks around here have a report on a fav that has already played, please share and definately give your thoughts on players moving forward.

I will list the upcoming bowls daily:

12/29/23

GATOR BOWL/ 12:00/ ESPN
CLEMSON v. UK

Prospects:

WILL SHIPLEY/RB/CLEM: Think how SF use Run CMC/Deboo Sanders. Now think one level lower
RAY DAVIS/RB/UK: Much travelled RB who can feature as a bell-cow or Change of Pace RB
**Personal Connection: I served with Octavious Oxendine's (UK/DE) dad in the Military

SUN BOWL/ 2:00/ CBS
UND v. OREGON ST

Prospects:

UND: XAVIER WATTS/S/UND: Former WR, Former LB who has found a home at SS
OSU: SILAS BOLDEN/WR/OSU: Jetterbug WR who excels in the deep game

LIBERTY BOWL/3:30/ ESPN
MEMPHIS v. ISU

Prospects:

JAYLON ALLEN/EDGE/UM; Undersized Edge player with great athletics
JAYDON HIGGINS/WR/ISU: Hey it's a 6'4/ 215 LB WR named Higgins

COTTON BOWL/ 8:30/ ESPN

Prospects:

CADE STOVER/ TE/OSU: The character Zac craves. Can blow, catch, run (and play LB in a pinch)
CODY SCHRADER/RB/MIZZOU: The SEC leading RB that no one knows about
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wasn't a fan of a big college football playoffs because it would destroy bowls but the opting out and transfer portal has gotten worse and worse. Hopefully a bigger playoff will keep guys on rhe field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
29 DEC 23 Recap:

Gator Bowl was the most entertaining game of the day. Barion Brown maybe someone to keep an eye on next year

Will Shipley showed why many top prospects Opt Out

Jayden Higgins was the star of the highlighted players (9 catches/ 214 Yards/ 1 TD)

Reply/Quote
12/30/23

PEACH BOWL/ 12:00/ ESPN
OLE MISS v. PENN ST

Prospects:

THEO JOHNSON/ TE/PSU: Huge TE that run route like an edge receiver; although the tree is limited
TRE HARRIS/WR/MISS: Big bodied WR with speed. Needs work on his routes

MUSIC CITY BOWL/ 2:00/ ABC
AUB v. MARY

Prospects

JAQUEZ HUNTER/RB/AUB: A workhorse RB with elite receiving skills
JESHAUN JONES/WR/MARY: Slot receiver with good size and route running

ORANGE BOWL/ 4:00/ ESPN
**FSU v. UGA

Prospects

KAMARI LASSITER/CB/UGA: Fluid/physical CB would would be CB#1 if he had more speed
BRANDEN FISKE/DT/FSU: High-motoe interior d-lineman

** Appears FSU is giving a big FU to the NCAA w/ 20 Opt Outs/Not playing 

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 29 DEC 23 Recap:

Gator Bowl was the most entertaining game of the day. Barion Brown maybe someone to keep an eye on next year

Will Shipley showed why many top prospects Opt Out

Jayden Higgins was the star of the highlighted players (9 catches/ 214 Yards/ 1 TD)

Weird Ohio State vs Mizzou game. Most of the OSU DL had a day. JT Tuimoloau, Jack Sawyer, and Michael Hall really put pressure on the Mizzou offense for most of the game.

Edit: Mizzou's LT Javon Foster decided to stay in school and after what JT did to him yesterday it was probably good idea.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 02:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Weird Ohio State vs Mizzou game. Most of the OSU DL had a day. JT Tuimoloau, Jack Sawyer, and Michael Hall really put pressure on the Mizzou offense for most of the game.

Edit: Mizzou's LT Javon Foster decided to stay in school and after what JT did to him yesterday it was probably good idea.

JTT reminds me a lot of Carl Lawson. Will get a lot of pressure but never finish. Tyliek Williams did his thing as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 04:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: JTT reminds me a lot of Carl Lawson. Will get a lot of pressure but never finish. Tyliek Williams did his thing as well.

Williams probabaly got a few assisted tackles but I know his one and only solo tackle pretty much told the story of his game. He came off the ball stood straight up the OL drove him 5 yards off rhe line of scrimmage and he got a tackle right there for 5 yards.

Reply/Quote
Ole Miss TE Caden Prieskorn had like 20 catches for 313 yards 2 TDs in 9 games. Today against Penn State he has 10 for 131 2 TDs a 2-Point Conversion and 2 nice 1 handed downfield sideline catches. It's the start of the 4th quarter lol.

Reply/Quote
Fun thread but the transfer portal, and the annual opt-outs does change viewing bowl games to identify prospects.
Reply/Quote
The Orange Bowl is sad. I cannot imagine being a player who opted out watching my teammates get drug like this.

I get it's a business but you've bled with these guys for years.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 04:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Williams probabaly got a few assisted tackles but I know his one and only solo tackle pretty much told the story of his game. He came off the ball stood straight up the OL drove him 5 yards off rhe line of scrimmage and he got a tackle right there for 5 yards.

He’s got some inconsistencies, but a lot of the pressures/qb hits came from Williams collapsing the pocket like he does. He’s much more impactful on a play to play basis than hall. Hall just disappears for way to long of stretches. Williams also beat double teams consistently in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 11:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He’s got some inconsistencies, but a lot of the pressures/qb hits came from Williams collapsing the pocket like he does. He’s much more impactful on a play to play basis than hall. Hall just disappears for way to long of stretches. Williams also beat double teams consistently in the run game.

These things did not happen in the Ohio State vs Mizzou game. He played mostly gap control because of their zone stretch offense and was consistently pushed around by doubles because he wasn't playing gap cancel. This has been a common issue for him all season and a big issue for anyone that wants to be an A-Gap Defender. 

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Orange Bowl is sad. I cannot imagine being a player who opted out watching my teammates get drug like this.

I get it's a business but you've bled with these guys for years.

At least Monday we will get to see two All-American defensive tackles against the Joe Moore Award winning OL.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:13 AM)Synric Wrote: These things did not happen in the Ohio State vs Mizzou game. He played mostly gap control because of their zone stretch offense and was consistently pushed around by doubles because he wasn't playing gap cancel. This has been a common issue for him all season and a big issue for anyone that wants to be an A-Gap Defender. 

I sure you was watching Williams and not hall? Bc that’s what I saw hall doing .
Reply/Quote
Amarius Mims did declare for the 2024 NFL Draft... 8 Total games experience? Less than 500 snaps? Crazy.

Reply/Quote
Only looking at the CFP Semifinals

01/01/24

ROSE BOWL/ 5:00/ ESPN

MICH v. BAMA

Prospects:

MICH
BLAKE CORUM/RB: Great RB to partner with Brown moving forward
AJ BARNER/TE: Huge TE (6’6”/250) with decent speed and good hands
ZACH ZINTER/OG: Glass Eater

BAMA
JC LATHAM/OT: Huge (6’6”/360) who is a mauler in the run-game
DALLAS TURNER/ED: What we hoped to get in Ossai
TERRION ARNOLD/CB: Under the radar talent as the “other CB” at Bama.

SUGAR BOWL/ 8:45/ ESPN
TEX v. WASH

Prospects:

TEX
JATAVION SANDERS/TE: You want the best TE in the draft? You can’t have him. You want the 2nd best? You can
XAVIER WORTHY/WR: Ever look at Tyreek Hill and say “I wish we had one of those”? Here it is
T’VONDRE SWEAT/DT: a young DJ Reader

WASH
ROME ODUNZE/WR: 6’3” 201 lb track star, he’s pushing for bfine’s #1 pick if Tee walks
TONY FAUTANU/OT: Exact opposite of lathom. Wins with movement and technique
BRAYLEN TRICE/DE: Prototypical Bengal DE. High-motor with inside-outside flexibility

Reply/Quote
I will say the former UC receiver who followed coach to WISC looks pretty good

EDIT: I also just now figured out the WICS/LSU matchup is a battle of former UC coaches.

Reply/Quote
NOT the best interview from the Heisman Trophy Winner

Q: What's the best thing that has happened to you since the 3 weeks you won the Heisman

A: Meeting people like Ja Morant

Reply/Quote
Need to look at the MICH QB at WR.

Reply/Quote
I want this Bama Punter

Reply/Quote