Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2019-20 College Bowl Games
I'm pretty shocked Burrow is playing in the 2nd half so far. Game is over and if he gets seriously hurt, Orgeron will get ripped. Remember it happened earlier this year with Tua getting hurt in a blowout game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 08:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s a great aware but it is the end all be all. There aren’t any statistical measures that say that LSU has the best line in the country. They are a fine offensive line, but they aren’t the best.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol/2019
OK, one of the best.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 07:58 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Burrows is amazing no doubt. The question is how will his game translate to the pros when your not playing in an offense with the best line in the country, two pro like wide receivers and good coaches. I would definitely take him #1 though.

It's not that his line is so great they are average it's that they only use 5 man protections. LSU always releases their guys into routes and Burrow can quickly find the open guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a great day of football.

Yetur Gross-Moss and Micah Parsons tearing up Memphis, Joe Burrow and Justin Jefferson lighting up Oklahoma, and finally Clemson fighting to the end to beat OSU.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Rating the big 4 from yesterday:
1. Burrow: Given he didn't have the competition Lawrence had, but damn.
2. Lawrence: Great game against stellar competition
3. Fields: I wonder who'd be in the championship game if they had chosen Burrow
4. Hurts: Draft stock will plummet
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This made me laugh lol.

https://youtu.be/1c567b2gUn8

Reply/Quote
Orange Bowl Prospects to watch.

CJ Henderson CB Florida
Jabari Zuniga Edge Florida
Johnathan Greenard Edge Florida
Joe Reed WR Virginia

Sidenote... I think I've spotted Carlos Dunlap on the Florida sideline.

Reply/Quote
As a UK fan I'm watching the Belk Bowl. I will be particularly watching the LS of their Oline.

Reply/Quote
Anyone looking for a Lamar Jackson clone (except he can't throw the ball 3 feet) needs to look at Lynn Bolden Jr.

Reply/Quote
That kid can play.
Reply/Quote
This used to be the day College Football fans lived for. The Playoffs has removed much of the luster but there's still some great match ups and top prospects on display:

NEW YEAR’S DAY BOWL GAMES 2020
Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020

Outback Bowl
(18) Minnesota vs. (12) Auburn
1:00pm ET | ESPN |

Vrbo Citrus Bowl
(14) Michigan vs. (13) Alabama
1:00pm ET | ABC |

Rose Bowl Game
(6) Oregon vs. (8) Wisconsin
5:00pm ET | ESPN |

Allstate Sugar Bowl
(5) Georgia vs. (7) Baylor
8:45pm ET | ESPN |

Reply/Quote
LG Ben Bredeson and C Cesar Ruiz are looking very good against Alabama.

I see alot of mocks that have the Bengals going Interior Offensive Line at 33. I'd rather grab one of these two guys late day 2 or early day 3.

Reply/Quote
Justin Herbert is not a good Quarterback.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 10:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Herbert is not a good Quarterback.

He's not?

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 10:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Herbert is not a good Quarterback.

He looked pretty good today
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:45 AM)3wt Wrote: He looked pretty good today

The kid has natural ability that you cannot teach and did what it took to get his team the win. There's little doubt that Burrow is the answer at 1OA, but IMO if he gets with the right team he will excel. I see little difference between him and Trevor Lawrence. 

Reply/Quote
Watching these games I've come away with this thought.

The college playoffs should be expanded to 6 teams. Every year it should be:

Ohio State, Clemson, and the top 4 SEC teams

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He's not?

Its window dressing. Look at the plays. 

Herbert was always throwing tunnel screens, bubble screens, or slants like he has all year. He isnt making 2nd reads and he isnt reading defenses. He reminds me of Drew Lock from last year lots of talent but he will have to be taught how to run an NFL offense. High risk/High reward.

Reply/Quote

Outside of that first drive, I thought he looked pretty awful.

Tons of bad throws and poor decisions.

6.9 an attempt (average) and 1 pick, no TDs, against a decent defense.

He needs a ton of work and needs to be placed properly; we are not a good placement for him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The kid has natural ability that you cannot teach and did what it took to get his team the win. There's little doubt that Burrow is the answer at 1OA, but IMO if he gets with the right team he will excel. I see little difference between him and Trevor Lawrence. 

Bfine, come on.  You can't be serious.

Lawrence has stepped up in the biggest games of his career.  The same can't be said for Herbert.  Physically, yes, but everything else is vastly different between those 2.
Reply/Quote