Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games 2018-19
Each year I start a thread where we can scout the College Bowl games. Well the Bowl season kicks off today with the following match ups:

Saturday, Dec. 15

Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl
North Carolina A&T vs. Alcorn State
Noon ET, ABC

New Mexico Bowl Presented by Progressive
Utah State vs. North Texas
2 p.m. ET, ESPN

AutoNation Cure Bowl
Tulane vs. Louisiana
2:30 p.m. ET, CBSSN

Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl
Fresno State vs. Arizona State
3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl
Georgia Southern vs. Eastern Michigan
5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Middle Tennessee vs. Appalachian State
9 p.m. ET, ESPN

Obviously the talent will be sparse in some of these earlier games, but here’s a handful of players to key an eye on today:

N’Keal Harry WR/Arizona State

KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State

Jalin Moore, RB, Appalachian State

Charles Jones II, TE, Tulane

Renell Wren, DE/DT, Arizona State

Blace Brown, CB, Troy

Feel free to add prospects, insight on prospects, and reactions to Bowl Game performances
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kudos on this annual public service of yours.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting befine
Reply/Quote
How did N'Keal Harry play in the Bowl game? I missed it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: How did N'Keal Harry play in the Bowl game? I missed it.

Looks like he skipped it.  A growing trend I suppose.

[b]Update: Dec. 3 – 12:50 p.m.[/b]

Arizona State wide receiver N’Keal Harry has signed with an agent and won’t play in the team’s bowl game as he begins to prepare for the NFL. ASU will face Mountain West champions Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 15.
“After thorough consideration and consultation regarding N’Keal Harry’s future prospects with our coaching staff, administrative staff and N’Keal himself, we have collectively determined it is in his best interest to forego the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl game and focus on his transition,” ASU head coach Herm Edwards said.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 02:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like he skipped it.  A growing trend I suppose.

Arizona State wide receiver N’Keal Harry has signed with an agent and won’t play in the team’s bowl game as he begins to prepare for the NFL. ASU will face Mountain West champions Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl on Dec. 15.
“After thorough consideration and consultation regarding N’Keal Harry’s future prospects with our coaching staff, administrative staff and N’Keal himself, we have collectively determined it is in his best interest to forego the Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl game and focus on his transition,” ASU head coach Herm Edwards said.

It is...Will Grier and Yodney Cajuste have already said they were sitting out the Bowl game for WVU.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 02:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like he skipped it.  A growing trend I suppose.

No point on wr1 to play in it.
Reply/Quote
Boca Raton Bowl
December 18, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Fortunately the 2 to watch tonight will be doing battle against each other:

OT Justice Powers, Alabama-Birmingham: Justice is smallish and may have to push inside at the next level, but he is good and NASTY

DE Sutton Smith, Northern Illinois: Like Justice he may have to switch to a different position (OLB) at the next level; however, he lives in opponent's backfields.

Reply/Quote
Four games today and we finally get to look at some good prospects

Saturday, Dec. 22

Jared Birmingham Bowl
Memphis vs. Wake Forest
Noon ET, ESPN
MEMPHIS: DARRELL HENDERSON/ RB- This year showed us you need 3 good RBs and Gio is on the final year of his contract. DH is a Gio Clone
WAKE: PHIL HAYNES/ OG- Draftable interior lineman and it wouldn’t take much to upgrade our RG position

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Houston vs. Army
3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
Not much to see here as The Black Knights are a service academy and Houston is missing it’s 2 draftable players in QB D’Eriq King and Dlineman Ed Oliver

Dollar General Bowl
Buffalo vs. Troy
7 p.m. ET, ESPN
This is the first game that I will DVR this Bowl season as Buffalo have 3 very intriguing prospects each of which would look good in stripes:

QB TYREE JACKSON: Ever thought what it might be like to have Cam Newton on the Bengals? Draft TJ and find out
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON: Brings to mind another WR named Johnson that wore stripes with his route running skills
LB KHALIL HODGE: A good player in a position of need and how can you go wrong drafting A UB defender named Khalil

TROY
HUNTER REESE: Smallish LB that lives in the opponent’s backfield

SoFi Hawai'i Bowl
Louisiana Tech vs. Hawaii
10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

LT: JAYLON FERGUSON/DE: The Nation’s leading sacker and is string at the point of attack in the run game

UH: JAHLANI TAVAI/LB: Unfortunately is hurt and will not play; however, it’s a name to keep an eye on during the off season

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Four games today and we finally get to look at some good prospects

Saturday, Dec. 22

Jared Birmingham Bowl
Memphis vs. Wake Forest
Noon ET, ESPN
MEMPHIS: DARRELL HENDERSON/ RB- This year showed us you need 3 good RBs and Gio is on the final year of his contract. DH is a Gio Clone
WAKE: PHIL HAYNES/ OG- Draftable interior lineman and it wouldn’t take much to upgrade our RG position

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Houston vs. Army
3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
Not much to see here as The Black Knights are a service academy and Houston is missing it’s 2 draftable players in QB D’Eriq King and Dlineman Ed Oliver

Dollar General Bowl
Buffalo vs. Troy
7 p.m. ET, ESPN
This is the first game that I will DVR this Bowl season as Buffalo have 3 very intriguing prospects each of which would look good in stripes:

QB TYREE JACKSON: Ever thought what it might be like to have Cam Newton on the Bengals? Draft TJ and find out
WR ANTHONY JOHNSON: Brings to mind another WR named Johnson that wore stripes with his route running skills
LB KHALIL HODGE: A good player in a position of need and how can you go wrong drafting A UB defender named Khalil

TROY
HUNTER REESE: Smallish LB that lives in the opponent’s backfield

SoFi Hawai'i Bowl
Louisiana Tech vs. Hawaii
10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

LT: JAYLON FERGUSON/DE: The Nation’s leading sacker and is string at the point of attack in the run game

UH: JAHLANI TAVAI/LB: Unfortunately is hurt and will not play; however, it’s a name to keep an eye on during the off season
Ferguson could be a top 10 pick come April if he has a good combine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 26
• 1:30 p.m. Servpro First Responder Bowl: Boston College vs. Boise State (ESPN)

• 5:15 p.m. Quick Lane Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Minnesota (ESPN)

• 9 p.m. Cheez-It Bowl: Cal vs. TCU (ESPN)

Apologies as have not had a lot of time to look at these. Anyone got a prospect that might look good in stripes in these games?

I hear Cal have a pretty good MLB.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WEDNESDAY, DEC. 26
• 1:30 p.m. Servpro First Responder Bowl: Boston College vs. Boise State (ESPN)

• 5:15 p.m. Quick Lane Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Minnesota (ESPN)

• 9 p.m. Cheez-It Bowl: Cal vs. TCU (ESPN)

Apologies as have not had a lot of time to look at these. Anyone got a prospect that might look good in stripes in these games?

I hear Cal have a pretty good MLB.

https://wdef.com/2018/12/25/first-responder-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-boston-college-vs-boise-state-bowl-game/

https://wdef.com/2018/12/25/quick-lane-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-minnesota-vs-georgia-tech-bowl-game/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/cheez-it-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-california-vs-tcu-bowl-game/
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 08:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://wdef.com/2018/12/25/first-responder-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-boston-college-vs-boise-state-bowl-game/

https://wdef.com/2018/12/25/quick-lane-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-minnesota-vs-georgia-tech-bowl-game/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/cheez-it-bowl-2019-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch-in-california-vs-tcu-bowl-game/

Thanks. That edge rusher from TCU will be someone to look at. 

Reply/Quote
Just draft the best Alabama or Clemson player available with each pick.
Reply/Quote
I'd draft the whole damn line from Wisconsin and be done fixing our line!!
Reply/Quote
Watching Drew Lock (QB/MIZZOU) looks good and like what they said about him not even thinking about sitting out the Bowl Game like many top prospects do.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Watching Drew Lock (QB/MIZZOU) looks good and like what they said about him not even thinking about sitting out the Bowl Game like many top prospects do.

Ryan Finley is having a game so far against A&M. Grier and Finley will be guys to look at if they prove if they can drive the football....Both will get a chance at the Senior Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Ryan Finley is having a game so far against A&M. Grier and Finley will be guys to look at if they prove if they can drive the football....Both will get a chance at the Senior Bowl.

Not that we'd even be in the market, not to mention he hasn't declared yet, but that A&M RB is just downright wicked.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote