Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games (21-22)
Where are all the MAC scouting posts? Hilarious

Today's games (Alabama/UC & Georgia/Michigan) should be especially fun to watch since future NFL'ers are plentiful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Uzamah is a FA and Sample can be cut with 0 dead cap next year. I'd love for the Bengals to bring in a weapon such as Kolar. 

I will say all the opt outs this year has made the College Bowl season much less exciting. I could see something changing, but it would be hard to mandate.

Examples:

You opt out of Bowl Game you cannot be drafted in RD 1 as an underclassman

If you have a starter opt out, you forfeit your Bowl game and loss all benefits

I agree about opt outs affecting the quality of the games. If they adopted a true playoff system I think it would make the games more meaningful. I’m not sure it would reduce the number of opt outs because it’s a business decision for them to protect their future NFL earnings. If the NCAA did more to protect their futures from potentially career ending injury, I think that would reduce the number of opt outs more than punitive measures.
Reply/Quote
Well, CMU is playing in an hour!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 11:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was an entertaining Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

Always liked Connor Heyward; he's not flashy or super-athletic, but just a really good, fundamental player.

Would love to have him on the team, but his height relegates him literally to FB on offense, so not even sure if he has a position in the pros.

I tuned in right before the long TD reception by Purdue’s TE. That 4th quarter was nuts.
Reply/Quote
Wisconsin’s 17 year old true freshman RB was impressive last night.

Georgia’s freshman TE is a special player.
Reply/Quote
COTTON BOWL
UC v. BAMA
3:30 PM ESPN

UC:
AHMAD GARDNER/CB: I havn't seen this many Bengal fans clamor for a player since Mardy Gilyard entered the NFL Draft, the difference is Gardner is deserving of the love, He's a long athletic CB who has NEVER allowed a TD catch in his college career. He is scheme diverse and can play man or zone.

MYJAI SANDERS/Edge: The exact type of edge player the Bengals didn't have this year. MS is an undersized fast twitch athlete. The knock is once he's stopped, he's stopped

ALEC PIERCE/WR: Tee Higgins is tall, Ja'Marr chase is fast. Alec Pierce is both

BAMA:

EVAN NEAL/OT: There's a very good chance EN is off the board when the Bengals draft; yet there is a chance because many see him at a RT. It would be great to have the Bama bookends

JORDAN BATTLE/S: QBs passing Battle's direction find themselves with a combined passer rating of 25.8. JB has 3 INT and has ran 2 back for TD. Dude also has 75 tackles. One thing we know for certain. Bama can produce some good Safeties

CHRISTIAN HARRIS/LB: Pratt and Wilson are nice, but Harris is on a whole difference level. The kid started at Bama as a true freshman and has stayed there. Excels at all 3 levels (Rush, tackle, coverage)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree about opt outs affecting the quality of the games. If they adopted a true playoff system I think it would make the games more meaningful. I’m not sure it would reduce the number of opt outs because it’s a business decision for them to protect their future NFL earnings. If the NCAA did more to protect their futures from potentially career ending injury, I think that would reduce the number of opt outs more than punitive measures.

Excellent point of the expanded playoffs, Perhaps that will motivate the NCAA to expand it. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Well, CMU is playing in an hour!

Anybody we should keep an eye on?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody we should keep an eye on?

Troy Hairston is the only one I can think of; PS guy, pass rusher, kinda like Hodge from this year (DE/LB). Short at 5'11, but decent pass-rushing numbers.

On offense, everyone is not even a junior yet lol.

They may have some DBs that are worth a look, but I haven't followed them this year.

You got anything, Tecmo?
Reply/Quote
Would also add Coby Bryant to the list for the Cotton Bowl, as well as Josh Wylie.

I know the latter is a Junior, but he may declare and I think he'd be a good receiving option.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Uzamah is a FA and Sample can be cut with 0 dead cap next year. I'd love for the Bengals to bring in a weapon such as Kolar. 

I will say all the opt outs this year has made the College Bowl season much less exciting. I could see something changing, but it would be hard to mandate.

Examples:

If that's a rule, then there has to be some sort of draft status protection if you get injured. Most players opt out of meaningless bowl games to avoid late injury that could affect their draft status.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Examples:

Or they could expand the playoffs and get rid of the Bowl Games. Also they could pay the players a winning and losing sum for participating in the Bowl Games if the system stays the same
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Troy Hairston is the only one I can think of; PS guy, pass rusher, kinda like Hodge from this year (DE/LB). Short at 5'11, but decent pass-rushing numbers.

On offense, everyone is not even a junior yet lol.

They may have some DBs that are worth a look, but I haven't followed them this year.

You got anything, Tecmo?

Nah. MAC bowls are done.

Interesting list: https://www.drafttek.com/2022-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-MAC-Players-2022-NFL-Draft.asp

I've also read Jack Sorensen from Miami might move from UDFA territory to late round. I think some combine invites have been going out as a couple MAC schools are tweeting about it.
Reply/Quote
ORANGE BOWL
TTUN v. UGA

TTUN:

DAVID OJABO: Obviously Hutchinson is the headliner, but he'll be long gone before we pick; this guy may not.

DAXTON HILL: I will be very interested in watching this kid play. Considered a Safety but can play Nickle. He's the type Zac loves.

ANDREW STUBER: A big bodied RT

UGA

NAKOBE DEAN: Lightning quick play wrecker that excels in coverage. Size is the only concern

JAMAREE SALYER: Big bodied Olineman. Seems to be in the Jackson Carman mold. Plays LT but most likely not in the NFL

JORDAN DAVIS: A lot of our DTs are on 1 year deals. This guy would start day 1

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 03:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Or they could expand the playoffs and get rid of the Bowl Games. Also they could pay the players a winning and losing sum for participating in the Bowl Games if the system stays the same

The bowl games wield a lot of power due to money. Instead of getting rid of them just incorporate them into the playoffs like they already do. Like today with the Cotton and Orange bowls.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 09:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The bowl games wield a lot of power due to money. Instead of getting rid of them just incorporate them into the playoffs like they already do. Like today with the Cotton and Orange bowls.

I wouldn't be opposed to that 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dean from UGA is all over the field and absolutely dominating the game, but I cannot get over how small he is.

Reply/Quote
CITRUS BOWL
UK v, IOWA
1:00 PM, ABC

UK
DARIAN KINARD/RT: A bfine favorite. I've watched him all year and he's more than held his own against tough SEC competition. Dude is huge and athletic. Dude won the award for best blocker (Jacobs Blocking) is the SEC

LUKE FORTNER/C: Tall interior olineman that has experience at both guard and center. He allowed 1 sack this year

IOWA
TYLER LINDERBAUM/C: A Message Board favorite and Big 10 Offensive lineman of the year. If he declares Bengal fans will be dreaming of him, but he likely won't last

SAM LAPORTA/TE: Looking for electronics, go to Best Buy. Looking for a TE go to Iowa, Sam led the team in catches and yards and has the skill set to excel on a team who has a QB that can throw the ball

Reply/Quote
FIESTA BOWL
ND v. OSU (The other one)
1:00 ESPN

ND

KYREN WILLIAMS/RB: Undersized but has the toughness to run between the tackles. KW's best trait may be his pass protection. Reminds me of Gio Bernard,

JARRETT PATTERSON/C: Notre Dame is to Olinemen as Iowa is to TEs and this one has started at Center since his RS-F year. Think Trey Hill, now think opposite; there you have JP

OSU

MACOLM RODRIGUEZ/LB: Think Isaiah Simmons; now take away the elite athleticism and add a dose of heart; now you have Malcolm

JOSH SILLS/OG: West Virginia transfer, so Synric should be able to provide some insight. I know he's built like an OT

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FIESTA BOWL
ND v. OSU (The other one)
1:00 ESPN

ND

KYREN WILLIAMS/RB: Undersized but has the toughness to run between the tackles. KW's best trait may be his pass protection. Reminds me of Gio Bernard,

JARRETT PATTERSON/C: Notre Dame is to Olinemen as Iowa is to TEs and this one has started at Center since his RS-F year. Think Trey Hill, now think opposite; there you have JP

OSU

MACOLM RODRIGUEZ/LB: Think Isaiah Simmons; now take away the elite athleticism and add a dose of heart; now you have Malcolm

JOSH SILLS/OG: West Virginia transfer, so Synric should be able to provide some insight. I know he's built like an OT

Josh Sills lol I thought he went undrafted last year. Very tall interior lineman with solid but unspectacular athleticism. More of a positional blocker in the run game than a people mover and like most tall IOL struggles with leverage late into games. He comes out of those spread offenses that focus on high tempo quick set pass protection Dana Holgorsen and Mike Gundy.

Guy I'm looking forward to seeing today is Jarrett Patterson. Everyone is locked into on Tyler Linderbaum but Patterson is a good zone blocking center. Stout people mover with intelligence, vision, and light feet. His biggest issue is when climbing and out in space he tends to get his shoulder over his feet due to his length.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote