Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the College All-Star Games
(01-22-2019, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad to see Prat weigh in at a solid 240. Many former Safety that transition to LB are on the smallish size.

McSorley measuring a legit 6' is also good. I see Russell Wilson in him.

Big red flag is hand size. McSorely 9 1/8”, Wilson had 10 1/4”. Same red flag for Lock hands only 9” even. That is terrible for a QB.
Reply/Quote
Tackles have been disappointing but the Oklahoma guards Powers and Samia along with Bradbury Davis McCoy and Lindstrom are having a good week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Day 3 and it looks like they are still playing Risner at Tackle. Has looked a little better today.
Reply/Quote
Keep an eye on Dennis Daley today #74 South Carolina tackle. He's been up and down. What I like us he keeps his hands down and elbows tucked until he shoots his hands inside not swinging them wide. His feet are not as fast as a guy like Dillard but I like his punch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hart and Isabella continuing a really good week of practice for the small school, and small stature, WR's.
Reply/Quote
...Also McLaurin having another really good day. He has probably locked himself in as a day 2 player at this point with a low 4.3 40 at the combine away from maybe a lock in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
QB's across the board struggling today.
Reply/Quote
L.J. Collier had a great week. He's shorter at 6'2 but is long with 34 3/4 inch arms. I can see him at 4-3 End or strong side 3-4 OLB.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 07:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Big red flag is hand size. McSorely 9 1/8”, Wilson had 10 1/4”. Same red flag for Lock hands only 9” even. That is terrible for a QB.

Yeah, you'd like you QB and WRs to have big hands. Of course it's not a make or break, but it is a data point.

More research and Senior Bowl practices has me leaning toward the kid from all over that ended up as Wash. St.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 11:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Nooo, I was hoping he'd stay hidden and the Bengals could snag him in the 4th round! He played rather well for Washington opposite of Adams.

EXACTLY THIS!!!

A weird downside to these games before the draft...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, you'd like you QB and WRs to have big hands. Of course it's not a make or break, but it is a data point.

More research and Senior Bowl practices has me leaning toward the kid from all over that ended up as Wash. St.

Agree on Gardner Minshew. A lot of experience, very good measurables, a leader and seems to have the "it" factor. He's the guy I would compare to Russell Wilson in this draft, not the same level of athlete though. Tough to say what round he'll go, 2nd - 3rd?
Reply/Quote
Tyree Jackson--already shortened his throwing motion. Watch out for this guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, I almost wonder if this throws more power back to Tobin going forward. Marvin had slowly clawed away some from Mike but I don't think Mike is shot calling much anymore and I doubt Katie and Troy are trying to run drafting like Mike did. Could be an interesting draft in that aspect, especially if you see us break away from some of our past tendencies. 

Thank God.

Reply/Quote
Was gone most the weekend but got to go back and watch the game last night. QB's were pretty up and down by Daniel Jones looked to be the one who is ready to play in the NFL, especially in a west coast system (I said from day 1 watch the Raiders with this kid). Jackson is interesting but decision making is a little suspect on the move, he could be a solid project QB if you can get him in the 3rd.

In terms of WR's Deebo Samuel and Terry McLaurin were the best all around WR's with Doss from UC Davis looking good as well. I have been pretty infatuated with Andy Isabell all week, I think this kid is going to be a star and would love to snatch him if the right opportunity presented itself. Hunter Renfrow showed his ability to be in the right place and make tough catches, I love this kid as a mid to late round gem. TE wise it was pretty ho hum to me, but that was as much play calling and design as anything I think.

Dalton Risner after starting out shaky day 1 ended up having a really good game against arguably the best player there in Sweat. Throw in the fact he was playing next to a really good Guard in Lindstrom and you can imagine snagging both these guys would be a steal for this team. Edoga had a solid all around week, but I don't think he rises too much. A solid day 2 pick in my mind and a strong fall back plan if we pass on Tackle early.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Was gone most the weekend but got to go back and watch the game last night. QB's were pretty up and down by Daniel Jones looked to be the one who is ready to play in the NFL, especially in a west coast system (I said from day 1 watch the Raiders with this kid). Jackson is interesting but decision making is a little suspect on the move, he could be a solid project QB if you can get him in the 3rd.

In terms of WR's Deebo Samuel and Terry McLaurin were the best all around WR's with Doss from UC Davis looking good as well. I have been pretty infatuated with Andy Isabell all week, I think this kid is going to be a star and would love to snatch him if the right opportunity presented itself. Hunter Renfrow showed his ability to be in the right place and make tough catches, I love this kid as a mid to late round gem. TE wise it was pretty ho hum to me, but that was as much play calling and design as anything I think.

Dalton Risner after starting out shaky day 1 ended up having a really good game against arguably the best player there in Sweat. Throw in the fact he was playing next to a really good Guard in Lindstrom and you can imagine snagging both these guys would be a steal for this team. Edoga had a solid all around week, but I don't think he rises too much. A solid day 2 pick in my mind and a strong fall back plan if we pass on Tackle early.

I'm thinking more and more that Dalton Risner is my favorite Rd 2 target.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not that the game itself matters, but how did McGary do?

I've been riding high on him since October and indeed, thought he'd be a great day 2 pick at RT; god to see his workouts went well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 01:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not that the game itself matters, but how did McGary do?

I've been riding high on him since October and indeed, thought he'd be a great day 2 pick at RT; god to see his workouts went well.

I thought practice was better than the game, but that's only because his practice reps looks so good. I think he is a very safe pick to start at RT for a long time and I'd be cool with him in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 05:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: I thought practice was better than the game, but that's only because his practice reps looks so good. I think he is a very safe pick to start at RT for a long time and I'd be cool with him in the 2nd. 

Hypothetical for ya...

Assuming not all are gone by Rd 3 and that the first in the list is selected in Rd 2 and second is selected in Rd 3, which would you think is best:
Risner (RG) - McGary (RT)
Risner (RT) - Lindstrom (RG)
Lindstrom (RG) - McGary (RT)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2019, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hypothetical for ya...

Assuming not all are gone by Rd 3 and that the first in the list is selected in Rd 2 and second is selected in Rd 3, which would you think is best:
Risner (RG) - McGary (RT)
Risner (RT) - Lindstrom (RG)
Lindstrom (RG) - McGary (RT)

I like the Lindstrom-McGary combo the best personally with Risner-Lindstrom second, not a fan of Risner at RG but if it was Risner and McGary as a RT with hopes one could play LT worst case RG I could go for that. Personally day 1 of the senior bowl practices really shook me on Risner and I want to go back and see what the tape say. The way he got ran over a couple times had me thinking the power wasn't there, but later in the week he seemed fine. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I like Chase Hansen but I worry he may be a slightly better Vigil. 

That means he would be an immediate starter and better than all of our LBs.  I think Burfict's concussions have not only led to his behavior issues, but his play has declined rapidly as well.  I'm not counting on him at all.  If he comes back in shape and looks amazing, it is just gravy.  Have to prepare like he won't be there.  
Reply/Quote