Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the College All-Star Games
(01-22-2019, 06:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Ben Powers had a good day I wouldn't complain about two Oklahoma linemen in the top 3 picks. David Sills had a couple nice catches down the sidelines in 1on1s.

Powers was impressive and with the lack of stand out interior O line he could climb.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 06:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: South QBs not impressive in day 1 to me. Wanted to see more from Grier to change my mind on some tape I started watching but haven’t seen it yet. Arm strength better than I thought but that was only plus from tape. Looks like a late Day 2 early day 3 pick to me.

I noticed they had Grier under center with a full back and had him run 2 boots to the left. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I noticed they had Grier under center with a full back and had him run 2 boots to the left. 

Yea he struggled working left for sure. The impressiveness of the weapons today has me questioning some of the games wanting to go back and to see if it was Grier or a really good supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Saw Andy Isabella say he runs a 4.25 hand timed 40, he will be one to watch in general. Small school star who could be a riser  after this week. To put it in perspective, he caught 15 passes for 219 and 2 tds against Georgia...yea that Georgia.

He's not looking very good in practice (technique). Be interesting to see if he improves throughout the week. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
On the OT front Risner struggling but McGary from Washington looking really good. Real solid anchor so far and think he’s worth a look for a round 2 pick.
Reply/Quote
Just watched the Oline/Dline drills for the North

Kaleb McGary (RT) looked good

Wisc Olinemen looked not so good

Linstrom looked good except when he got beat by the bull (Greg Gaines) that surprised him with a swim move.

Reply/Quote
Starting to get more interested in Lock. I think he has potential to be the other top 10 QB besides Haskins which could bode well for our pursuit of Devin White.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's not looking very good in practice (technique). Be interesting to see if he improves throughout the week. 

I thought he’s looked okay, smooth out of his break and sudden. Drops are an issue and no press here but he will struggle releasing in the outside in the pros.
Reply/Quote
Terry McLaurin making himself some money today showing off really good route running and speed. He topped out at an impressive 22.1 MPH on one real nice go route.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: I thought he’s looked okay, smooth out of his break and sudden. Drops are an issue and no press here but he will struggle releasing in the outside in the pros.

..and I thought his biggest problem was coming out of his breaks. He spent too much time churning the butter instead of hit and go

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and I thought his biggest problem was coming out of his breaks. He spent too much time churning the butter instead of hit and go

He’s going to have to use some wiggle to get guys off him because his size, especially on routes with flat breaks versus angled breaks. I don’t think he did anything to hurt himself today but we will see.
Reply/Quote
Shameless WVU plug.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just watched the Oline/Dline drills for the North

Kaleb McGary (RT) looked good

Wisc Olinemen looked not so good

Linstrom looked good except when he got beat by the bull (Greg Gaines)  that surprised him with a swim move.

Nooo, I was hoping he'd stay hidden and the Bengals could snag him in the 4th round! He played rather well for Washington opposite of Adams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Starting to get more interested in Lock. I think he has potential to be the other top 10 QB besides Haskins which could bode well for our pursuit of Devin White.

From my understanding, dude has a cannon. And with three QB coaches expected on the staff (Taylor, Callahan, Van Pelt), they might love to develop a guy like Lock while Dalton starts for a year or two.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: On the OT front Risner struggling but McGary from Washington looking really good. Real solid anchor so far and think he’s worth a look for a round 2 pick.

Is Risner playing outside at Senior Bowl practices or inside at OG? I've read he might be a better fit inside given his lack of length.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Is Risner playing outside at Senior Bowl practices or inside at OG? I've read he might be a better fit inside given his lack of length.

They have had him outside from what I saw. I worry a bit about his strength though inside because he got bulled right over on a couple snaps. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: From my understanding, dude has a cannon. And with three QB coaches expected on the staff (Taylor, Callahan, Van Pelt), they might love to develop a guy like Lock while Dalton starts for a year or two.

It's early but between his charisma and showing he could be going in that run of QB needy teams between 5 and us. I'm not in for a QB at 11 because the team is aging a bit and we need weapons to help us win now, but if he falls into the 20's for some reason (weird things happen) I'd be open to trade up even leveraging the 1st next year to get him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 11:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Nooo, I was hoping he'd stay hidden and the Bengals could snag him in the 4th round! He played rather well for Washington opposite of Adams.

He looks like a 2nd rounder to me with a potential for someone to fall in love with him like Kolton Miller last year and the Raiders. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Is Risner playing outside at Senior Bowl practices or inside at OG? I've read he might be a better fit inside given his lack of length.

They had him in both tackle spots during 1on1s and at Right Tackle in the team drills they showed. They didnt show much 9 on 7.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: They had him in both tackle spots during 1on1s and at Right Tackle in the team drills they showed. They didnt show much 9 on 7.

Hopefully they try him at guard this week to see how he does.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote