Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the National Championship Game
Roquan Smith had 13 tackles, 1 sack, 2.5 TFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talent on the field tonight and a lot of players that would look good in stripes.

An offensive and defensive player I'll be looking at from each side:

GEORGIA:

Isaiah Winn- Currently plays LT, but talk is a move to the inside might be his NFL future. I'd like to see where he would fit best in this oline and he can probably be had for a second round.

Roquan Smith- Very early in the season I listed a few guys I'd be keeping an eye on and RS was one of them. Dude flies all over the field. Reminds me of Jaylen Smith, let's just hope he fares better in his bowl games

ALABAMA:

Bradley Bozeman- Folks have been talking up all kind of Centers this year; yet few mention BB. Dude is huge and strong. Could last until the 3rd.

Da'Ron Payne- For some reason this DT has fallen down draft boards just a bit. Some are saying #10 overall might be too high for this guy, so we might be able to get him in an early second.

Who are you looking at tonight?

I always felt Bozeman was underrated and had him in a couple of my previous mocks in the 3rd comp or 4th round.
I put him behind Price and Ragnow, plus potentially behind Wynn if Wynn could play C. I think Wynn's best spot is OG though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:58 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Roquan Smith had 13 tackles, 1 sack, 2.5 TFL.

He would transform our defense.  He is everywhere and has great cover skills too.  He might end the twenty year habit of TE's owning us. 

Yes please.   If we have a shot at him, it would be insanely irresponsible not to take him.  Might even soothe Merv's ruffled feathers over not getting Porter last year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
As much as I would like to have Quinton Nelson or the safety James I think the linebackers Smith would change everything.
The Cincinnati Bengals really need a linebacker like him alongside with Burfict in Vigil
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:35 PM)McC Wrote: He would transform our defense.  He is everywhere and has great cover skills too.  He might end the twenty year habit of TE's owning us. 

Yes please.   If we have a shot at him, it would be insanely irresponsible not to take him.  Might even soothe Merv's ruffled feathers over not getting Porter last year.

Assume you mean Foster?
And FWIW, I think Roquan Smith is better (for the Bengals) than Foster.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assume you mean Foster?

Yes, Foster.  Sorry.  And I agree Smith is better.  Our chances of landing him are probably slim to none.  Dear God, please don't let him be a Steeler.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:45 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, Foster.  Sorry.  And I agree Smith is better.  Our chances of landing him are probably slim to none.  Dear God, please don't let him be a Steeler.

Unless the Steelers traded up a lot, I don't see a chance in hell that he becomes a Steeler, as the Steelers will be picking 25+.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless the Steelers traded up a lot, I don't see a chance in hell that he becomes a Steeler, as the Steelers will be picking 25+.

I know.  My goofy, irrational fear talking.  Now, how do we get him?  Top 5?  Not that he needed it but last night completely cemented his place in this draft class.  In a game full of studs, he was the studliest.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: I know.  My goofy, irrational fear talking.  Now, how do we get him?  Top 5?  Not that he needed it but last night completely cemented his place in this draft class.  In a game full of studs, he was the studliest.

If the Bengals were picking in the single digits, I could see it being feasible. But at 12? I agree not very likely at all.
Luckily, there are some LBs I like in the middle rounds that I think will be very good in the NFL.
Plus, with Teryl Austin's background with DBs, I think we might see a safety in consideration at 12. And OL will definitely be in consideration.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really don't see the point in drafting a RB early yet again. The Bengals need to go a year without drafting a RB early.
Bernard is signed for two more years and Mixon three more years.
Maybe consider a RB next year or the year after, but not for 2018.
There will always be solid RB choices every year.

Unless they feel Brian Hill is a keeper they will draft a RB this year....they do almost every year.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assume you mean Foster?

I agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:29 AM)pulses Wrote: People are gonna see just how good mixon is once we get the OL back to halfway decent....Michel has fumbled the ball ALOT......12 times in 4 years. He needs to get that under control.

This.  Dude nearly fumbled away the Oklahoma game.  Sorry, but we have died recently to RB fumbles in key moments.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unless the Steelers traded up a lot, I don't see a chance in hell that he becomes a Steeler, as the Steelers will be picking 25+.

Depends on how much the Steelers like him -- or James.

They traded up to get Polamalu...
Reply/Quote