Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the National Championship Game
(01-10-2017, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: That could just be the scheme they use.  He's got all the measurables and he's got the intangibles too.  And damn, is he tough.  He has that refuse to lose mentality and how much more clutch could a guy be?

A lot of those are buzz words that get thrown around with every big time prospect. You can say it's the scheme, but if you don't see him make the throws in game you have no idea if he can do it or not. HE will be a late 1st early 2nd I am guessing, but he is a divisive prospect it seems across the league.
Reply/Quote
Give me Reuben Foster or Mike Williams. They were already the two most realistic options that I wanted the most before this game. They did nothing but show me why they would be great here in that game last night.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of those are buzz words that get thrown around with every big time prospect. You can say it's the scheme, but if you don't see him make the throws in game you have no idea if he can do it or not. HE will be a late 1st early 2nd I am guessing, but he is a divisive prospect it seems across the league.

I'm sure he'll be asked to make all the throws in the next couple months.  By the time the draft rolls around, everybody will know everything about him.  He is the best QB in the draft.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:36 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure he'll be asked to make all the throws in the next couple months.  By the time the draft rolls around, everybody will know everything about him.  He is the best QB in the draft.

Throwing them in a workout is not the same. Geno Smith had the best pre draft workout anyone had ever seen coming out. He throws far too many ints and if you watched last night he should have thrown more if the Alabama defense could catch. One of the throws was right to a LB he thought he could get it over, but was no where close. The out route that was picked against OSU was also a very bad decision and throw.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:21 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Give me Reuben Foster or Mike Williams. They were already the two most realistic options that I wanted the most before this game. They did nothing but show me why they would be great here in that game last night.

I would be fine with either one but Zach Cunninghan and Corey Davis are good too and Zach is better in
coverage than Foster and Corey has more explosiveness than Mike. Foster is a better tackler than Zach tho
and Mike has better hands and goes up for the ball better than Corey.

In the end i am edging out Foster with Cunningham and edging out Corey with Mike.

Passing league baby, have to defend the pass and catch the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 09:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with either one but Zach Cunninghan and Corey Davis are good too and Zach is better in
coverage than Foster and Corey has more explosiveness than Mike. Foster is a better tackler than Zach tho
and Mike has better hands and goes up for the ball better than Corey.

In the end i am edging out Foster with Cunningham and edging out Corey with Mike.

Passing league baby, have to defend the pass and catch the ball.

I love Foster. I think he's going to be very good, but Cunningham is just too fast. He closes on the ball better/faster than any other Mike I've ever seen, if not any LB period. He's not a bad tackler though. He led the SEC this year with 125 tackles. He flies so fast to the ball he damn near overruns some plays, but he's got amazing breaks!! He's able to get his arms around a player while he's on his way past them with enough momentum that you'll see how easily he's able to twist and slam runners to the ground. Check out his tackling style. He hits loads of guys head on, don't get me wrong. I just think he's a special talent. Still, if Cunningham is gone by 9, I'd gladly take Foster. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote