Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
The cancellations of the East-West Shrine Bowl and the NFL Combine make the Senior Bowl the biggest scouting event of the off-season.

The game will be on the NFL Network Saturday January 30th at 2:30pm.
Wednesdays and Thursdays Practices will be televised on ESPNU.

-Wedensday Practice 12:30pm - 2:30pm and 3:00pm - 5:00pm
  - Replays Thursday 8:30am - 12:30pm
-Thursday Practice 12:30pm - 2:30pm and 3:00pm - 5:00pm
  - Replays Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm (both days)

It says the NFL Network will cover all 3 days but I don't see it on their listinga. They will be doing Recaps Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 8:00pm.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------‐‐----------------------------------------------------------------------‐‐

Some prospects to watch.

Defense

DL Johnathan Cooper
DL Marvin Wilson
DL Levi Onwuzurike
DL Carlos Basham Jr
DL Rashad Weaver
DL Patrick Jones II
DL Daelin Hayes
DL Chauncey Golston
DL Malik Herring
EDGE Shaka Toney
EDGE Quincy Roche
EDGE William Bradley-King
EDGE/LB Rashed Hamilcar Jr
LB Tuf Borland
LB Baron Browning
LB Charles Snowden
LB Paddy Fisher
LB Chazz Surratt
LB Monty Rice
LB Jabril Cox
LB KJ Britt
LB Tony Fields
DB/LB Hamsah Narisildeen
DB James Wiggins
DB Divine Deablo
DB DJ Daniel
DB JaCoby Stevens
DB Shawn Davis
DB Tre Brown
DB Ambry Thomas
DB Mark Webb
DB Ifeatu Melifonwu
DB Tre Norwood

Offense

OL Trey Smith
OL Alex Leatherwood
OL Deonte Brown
OL Liam Eichenberg
OL Spencer Brown
OL Dillon Raduz
OL Drake Jackson
OL Alaric Jackson
OL Ben Cleveland
OL Adrian Ealy
OL Aaron Banks
OL Creed Humphry
RB Trey Sermon
RB Michael Carter
RB Kylin Hill
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Khalil Herbert
RB Najee Harris (maybe)
TE Hunter Long
TE Tre McKitty
TE Noah Gray
WR Racey McMath
WR Marquez Stevenson
WR D'Wayne Eskridge
WR Dez Fitzpatrick
WR Shi Smith
WR Tylan Wallace
WR Nico Collins
WR Sage Surratt
WR Kadarius Toney
WR Trevon Grimes
WR Cornell Powell
WR Amari Rodgers

And of course the Quarterbacks

Kellen Mond
Mac Jones
Ian Book
Kyle Trask
Jamie Newman
Sam Ehlinger
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2021-Senior-Bowl

Why you gonna leave off the Slim Reaper?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2021-Senior-Bowl

Why you gonna leave off the Slim Reaper?

Oops I didnt see your thread or I woulda posted there lol.

Devonta Smith isn't participating he is only going for team meetings and to meet with Scouts and Coaches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 08:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Oops I didnt see your thread or I woulda posted there lol.

Devonta Smith isn't participating he is only going for team meetings and to meet with Scouts and Coaches.

No worries. Seems you and I are the only ones interested.

I hadn't heard about DS not participating; only that he accepted his invite. 

Some bfine favs:

Chaz Surratt
Trey Smith
Spencer Brown
Tre McKitty
Ben Cleveland

and a couple Opt out WRS
Nico Collins
Sage Surratt

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No worries. Seems you and I are the only ones interested.

I hadn't heard about DS not participating; only that he accepted his invite. 

Some bfine favs:

Chaz Surratt
Trey Smith
Spencer Brown
Tre McKitty
Ben Cleveland

and a couple Opt out WRS
Nico Collins
Sage Surratt

You know I never miss Senior Bowl week lol. Smith is still dealing with that finger from the National Championship game.

Some day 3 guys to watch

WR Dez Fitzpatrick
DL Chauncey Golston
LB Tony Fields
OL Alaric Jackson
OL Aaron Banks
OL Adrian Ealy
CB Ambry Thomas
S Divine Deablo

Reply/Quote
I am interested, drafts are foundation for our future.

I think some of you are so good you forget many of us who respect your opinions need a little more detail, college they attended for example so we can do a little more research ourselves. But of us are too lazy or don't have the time so we count on the board experts.

TY, and will look forward to the updates.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am interested, drafts are foundation for our future.

I think some of you are so good you forget many of us who respect your opinions need a little more detail, college they attended for example so we can do a little more research ourselves. But of us are too lazy or don't have the time so we count on the board experts.

TY, and will look forward to the updates.

Some bfine favs:

Chaz Surratt-LB-University of North Carolina. Converted QB that has all the talent in the world, just needs to clean up angles/tackling.

Trey Smith-OG-University of Tennessee. Former top rated LT that had a huge medical scare. Moved to RG and reminds me of Quenton Nelson.

Spencer Brown- OT- University of Northern Iowa- Huge 6'9"/325 without an ounce of fat. Andrew Whitworth body type

Tre McKitty-TE- University of Georgia- Grad transfer from FSU who is a prototypical stretch TE that was under utilized at UGA

Ben Cleveland-OG- University of Georgia- Probably the strongest guy to come out in years

and a couple Opt out WRs

Nico Collins-University of Michigan- Big bodied WR

Sage Surratt-Wake Forest- Brother of Chaz

Reply/Quote
The best site to "familiarize" yourself with a prospect
https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Some of my favs on that list, Chaz Surratt, Nico Collins, Ben Cleveland, Tre McKitty. Also like, Leatherwood, D. Brown, Eichenberg and Banks. I hope the team is scouting OL hard here, a lot of good prospects.

A lot around here are high on Eichenberg; yet I've never been too impressed. Of course my view on ND may sway my judgement. I'll be watching

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 08:12 PM)Synric Wrote: The cancellations of the East-West Shrine Bowl and the NFL Combine make the Senior Bowl the biggest scouting event of the off-season.

The game will be on the NFL Network Saturday January 30th at 2:30pm.
Wednesdays and Thursdays Practices will be televised on ESPNU.

-Wedensday Practice 12:30pm - 2:30pm and 3:00pm - 5:00pm
  - Replays Thursday 8:30am - 12:30pm
-Thursday Practice 12:30pm - 2:30pm and 3:00pm - 5:00pm
  - Replays Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm (both days)

It says the NFL Network will cover all 3 days but I don't see it on their listinga. They will be doing Recaps Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 8:00pm.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------‐‐----------------------------------------------------------------------‐‐

Some prospects to watch.

Defense

DL Johnathan Cooper
DL Marvin Wilson
DL Levi Onwuzurike
DL Carlos Basham Jr
DL Rashad Weaver
DL Patrick Jones II
DL Daelin Hayes
DL Chauncey Golston
DL Malik Herring
EDGE Shaka Toney
EDGE Quincy Roche
EDGE/LB Rashed Hamilcar Jr
LB Tuf Borland
LB Baron Browning
LB Charles Snowden
LB Paddy Fisher
LB Chazz Surratt
LB Monty Rice
LB Jabril Cox
LB KJ Britt
LB Tony Fields
DB/LB Hamsah Narisildeen
DB James Wiggins
DB Divine Deablo
DB DJ Daniel
DB JaCoby Stevens
DB Shawn Davis
DB Tre Brown
DB Ambry Thomas
DB Mark Webb
DB Ifeatu Melifonwu
DB Tre Norwood

Offense

OL Trey Smith
OL Alex Leatherwood
OL Deonte Brown
OL Liam Eichenberg
OL Spencer Brown
OL Dillon Raduz
OL Drake Jackson
OL Alaric Jackson
OL Ben Cleveland
OL Adrian Ealy
OL Aaron Banks
OL Creed Humphry
RB Trey Sermon
RB Michael Carter
RB Kylin Hill
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Khalil Herbert
RB Najee Harris (maybe)
TE Hunter Long
TE Tre McKitty
TE Noah Gray
WR Racey McMath
WR Marquez Stevenson
WR D'Wayne Eskridge
WR Dez Fitzpatrick
WR Shi Smith
WR Tylan Wallace
WR Nico Collins
WR Sage Surratt
WR Kadarius Toney
WR Trevon Grimes
WR Cornell Powell
WR Amari Rodgers

And of course the Quarterbacks

Kellen Mond
Mac Jones
Ian Book
Kyle Trask
Jamie Newman
Sam Ehlinger

I'm surprised that Faalele isn't going to be there.  That's fine.  Let him slide to a later round.  Spencer Brown is going to be on everyone's radar.  Guy is built like Whit, only bigger and taller, with speed and agility.  Ridiculous strength.  I love that guy if he is there at the top of Rd 3.  I bet he is a 2nd rounder or borderline first after the Senior Bowl.  He just didn't have the opportunity to show his stuff this year.  
Reply/Quote
Senior Bowl Weigh-ins are today.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-senior-bowl-rosters-weigh-ins-measurements/

Some lowlights so far...Shaka Toney at a short 6'2 and Creed Humphrey with 31.6 inch arms

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm surprised that Faalele isn't going to be there.  That's fine.  Let him slide to a later round.  Spencer Brown is going to be on everyone's radar.  Guy is built like Whit, only bigger and taller, with speed and agility.  Ridiculous strength.  I love that guy if he is there at the top of Rd 3.  I bet he is a 2nd rounder or borderline first after the Senior Bowl.  He just didn't have the opportunity to show his stuff this year.  

Senior Bowl is huge for anyone from a school like Northern Iowa, as it's a way to show what you can do against better competition. If he didn't go to Senior Bowl, there'd be obvious questions around whether he just played well because of the level of competition.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Some noteworthy OL measurements:
- Deonte Brown is 364 lbs!!!
- Alex Leatherwood has a huge wingspan (85.375"), definitely has the measurements to stay outside. Leatherwood's wingspan one of the longest in two decades.
- Dillon Radunz has shorter arms than Jonah Williams at 33.25". Jonah Williams's arm length was 33.675".
- Spencer Brown at 6'8.5", 314 lbs with OT-threshold arm length at 34" exactly.
- UK C Drake Jackson is small. 6'1" 290 lb with just 31.125" arms. Billy Price's was 32".
- Creed Humphrey only 31.75" arms. Shorter arms than Price. Bigger wingspan though than Price (79.5" vs Price's 75.25").

EDIT - I'm getting this info from Senior Bowl Twitter - https://twitter.com/seniorbowl?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some noteworthy OL measurements:
- Alex Leatherwood has a huge wingspan (85.375"), definitely has the measurements to stay outside. Leatherwood's wingspan one of the longest in two decades.
- Dillon Radunz has shorter arms than Jonah Williams at 33.25". Jonah Williams's arm length was 33.675".
- Spencer Brown at 6'4", 314 lbs with OT-threshold arm length at 34" exactly.
- UK C Drake Jackson is small. 6'1" 290 lb with just 31.125" arms. Billy Price's was 32".
- Creed Humphrey only 31.75" arms. Shorter arms than Price. Bigger wingspan though than Price (79.5" vs Price's 75.25").

EDIT - I'm getting this info from Senior Bowl Twitter - https://twitter.com/seniorbowl?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Ben Cleveland is 6'6 354 33 inch arms lol.

Edit: Carlos Basham Jr came in alot shorter than expected at 6'3 281 32.5 inch arms. Rashad Weaver who I think is alot like Basham came in a 6'4 265 33 inch arms.

Devonta Smith got his arms and hands measures but didnt do height weight.

Divine Deablo weighed in bigger than some of the linebackers at 6'3 226

Aaron Banks with a nice weigh in at 6'5 338 33 inch arms.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some noteworthy OL measurements:
- Spencer Brown at 6'4", 314 lbs with OT-threshold arm length at 34" exactly.

This is surprising if true. I've seen him listed at 6'9"

EDIT: Just checked the website he measured in at over 6'8"

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Ben Cleveland is 6'6 354 33 inch arms lol.

Edit: Carlos Basham Jr came in alot shorter than expected at 6'3 281 32.5 inch arms. Rashad Weaver who I think is alot like Basham came in a 6'4 265 33 inch arms.

Devonta Smith got his arms and hands measures but didnt do height weight.

Divine Deablo weighed in bigger than some of the linebackers at 6'3 226

Aaron Banks with a nice weigh in at 6'5 338 33 inch arms.

Tre McTwitty with 11" hands

Najee Harris is a big dude, think he goes much earlier than mocked and will never get past Pittsburgh

There's a lot of short DEs

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is surprising if true. I've seen him listed at 6'9"

EDIT: Just checked the website he measured in at over 6'8"

Good catch. I read it wrong. It says 6084, which is 6 foot, 8.5". I must have seen the 4 and read it as 6'4". I'll update the other post.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm surprised that Faalele isn't going to be there.  That's fine.  Let him slide to a later round.  Spencer Brown is going to be on everyone's radar.  Guy is built like Whit, only bigger and taller, with speed and agility.  Ridiculous strength.  I love that guy if he is there at the top of Rd 3.  I bet he is a 2nd rounder or borderline first after the Senior Bowl.  He just didn't have the opportunity to show his stuff this year.  
Thought he went back to school?
Reply/Quote
#Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood measured in at the #SeniorBowl with an 85 3/8 wingspan (98th percentile).

According to Mockdraftable, that’s the third longest wingspan recorded since 1999
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 01:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tre McTwitty with 11" hands

Najee Harris is a big dude, think he goes much earlier than mocked and will never get past Pittsburgh

There's a lot of short DEs

If Liam Eichenberg is still on the board for the Steelers I think that is where they go. I just think that's a perfect fit for both Eichenberg and Pittsburgh. Alex Leatherwood for fit too.

Reply/Quote