Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
(01-24-2017, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The 40 time will dictate if he can play all over or if he'll be ticketed exclusively to the slot. However, he is a very tough player and he will end up being a locker room leader. Eastern fans, like myself, all agree that he's the greatest player in Eastern history.

I was amazed at his film.   He looks like a wisp of prairie grass, but he was mowing down linebackers and DBs.   I love those mentally tough players who just make plays and love it when they're in ultra competitive situations.  That's why I love Julian Edelman and I'd love a player like Kupp on our team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some weigh-in notes:

Two Up

• DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova. Kpassagnon (pronounced tawn-oh pass-in-yo) strolled onto the stage and looked like Mario Williams reborn. Kpassagnon towers at 6-foot-6, 280-pounds with great arm length at 34 7/8th-inches, plus basketball-sized hands at 10 7/8-inches width. Sculpted like a Greek god, Kpassagnon is a stellar athlete and should see his stock rise with a strong week of practice.
  • CB Jourdan Lewis, Michigan. Similar to Iowa’s Desmond King, Jourdan Lewis is a shorter corner who fits zone coverage looks like Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen’s perfectly. Some scouts were concerned that Lewis would not meet height and arm length thresholds at weigh-ins, but he dispelled that issue by hitting the 5-foot-10 mark and measuring 31-inch arms. In a game of inches like pro football, those dimensions matter - remember Tom Brady’s game-winning touchdown pass outside the fingertips of Jabari Greer in 2013?
Two Down
  • RB Donnell Pumphrey, San Diego State. College football’s leading rusher and a growing favorite of New Orleans Saints fans was known to be a diminutive player, but at just 5-foot-8 and 169-pounds he doesn’t meet size thresholds for some teams. A popular comparison for him is former Saints tailback Darren Sproles, but Sproles was 20 pounds heavier than Pumphrey when he entered the NFL (though Pumphrey stands two inches taller).
  • OL Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky. Lamp may be the most technically-sound offensive tackle in the draft, but he’s got hurdles ahead of him. The biggest is his height: no NFL team started a tackle shorter than 6-foot-4 in 2016, but Lamp checked in at just 6-foot-3 and a half. There is sure to be some hemming and hawing over that half of an inch come draft day, and it could be enough to make Lamp available at the Saints’ second round pick; but given the lack of depth at the position, Lamp’s height and length (arms just 31 1/8th-inch long) may be overlooked.

Kelvin Beachum started a couple years at LT for the Steelers then signed a decent sized contract in free agency to start at LT for the Jaguars even though he was coming off a torn ACL. He measured in under 6'3" and he started for the Jags this year so whoever wrote that was wrong. I hope the size lets us get Forrest somewhere in the mid rounds. 
Reply/Quote
So far I know we met with Johnathan Rudy Ford.

But as for me, I'm jumping all on the Obi Melifonwu hype train
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So far I know we met with Johnathan Rudy Ford.

But as for me, I'm jumping all on the Obi Melifonwu hype train

Ford can play slot and Safety so he is a nice utility guy. Kind of similar to Shaw.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: If he's barely played football but looks like Adonis, he's a shoo-in for stripes.  Gotta have somebody take hunt's place.

Yep. Gut feeling is he's a Bengal if he falls to the third round. I could also see the Bengals reaching and take him in the second because they feel he has time to groom behind MJ for a year or two but won't be available with their third round pick (similar to Vigil being taken early last year). However, I hope not because I think the Bengals are terrible at developing projects. Give me a proven DE prospect from a Power 5 conference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
King from Iowa is getting schooled by many WRs it seems. On the flip side Darboh has been doing well showing a very physical style of play that is impressive. Could be a nice #2 option
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 06:07 PM)3wt Wrote: I was amazed at his film.   He looks like a wisp of prairie grass, but he was mowing down linebackers and DBs.   I love those mentally tough players who just make plays and love it when they're in ultra competitive situations.  That's why I love Julian Edelman and I'd love a player like Kupp on our team.

I know people will knock him for coming from a FCS program, but here's his stats in the 4 games he played against Pac 12 teams.

2013 vs Oregon State 5 catches 119 yards 2 TDs

2014 vs Washington 8 catches 143 yards 3 TDs (Played against Marcus Peters)
2015 vs Oregon 15 catches 246 yards 2 TDs (Most catches and yards in Autzen stadium history)
2016 vs Washington State 12 catches 203 yards 3 TDs
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I am a fan of maulers. Zach Banner may not be quick and super athletic but damn that is a big dude who can rag doll some people.
Reply/Quote
A lot of talent in this year's Senior Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Guy from villanova tossed lamp aside like a ragdoll
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Guy from villanova tossed lamp aside like a ragdoll

Lamp is hurt; I'm not sure you are seeing the replay of the injury or if he is back out there today.

As far as interior Olinemen. I'm liking the Center from LSU more and more. Does well in the 1 on 1's and gives them a little "extra" at the end. I keep waiting for someone to fight him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lamp is hurt; I'm not sure you are seeing the replay of the injury or if he is back out there today.

As far as interior Olinemen. I'm liking the Center from LSU more and more. Does well in the 1 on 1's and gives them a little "extra" at the end. I keep waiting for someone to fight him.

POCIC! Woot woot!

Hopefully he's available at 41.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lamp is hurt; I'm not sure you are seeing the replay of the injury or if he is back out there today.

Yep. A brawler in the middle who is actually good has me really intrigued. He is inching towards the top of my wish list. 
Reply/Quote

On day one, he got flung down by kpassagnon and beat by a slow dt (vanderdoes)on a inside move. He's my third center I want behind elflien and toth. Reminds me a lot of elflien.
(01-26-2017, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: POCIC! Woot woot!

Hopefully he's available at 41.
Yeah the size worries me though. Andy Would have a lot if trouble with drag in the middle. If elflien is there take elflien If not take Pocic but just worried at 6"7.
(01-26-2017, 07:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yep. A brawler in the middle who is actually good has me really intrigued. He is inching towards the top of my wish list. 

3rd best center imo I think he's there in the third. I personally like elflien as the best center who actually attacks on a run rather than wait for the defender. And then toth as number 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 02:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: On day one, he got flung down by kpassagnon and beat by a slow dt (vanderdoes)on a inside move. He's my third center I want behind elflien and toth. Reminds me a lot of elflien.
Yeah the size worries me though. Andy Would have a lot if trouble with drag in the middle. If elflien is there take elflien If not take Pocic but just worried at 6"7.

3rd best center imo I think he's there in the third. I personally like elflien as the best center who actually attacks on a run rather than wait for the defender. And then toth as number 2.

Hopefully, Pocic will sink his hips and bend his knees so Andy won't throw the ball into the back of his 6'6" head (according to Senior Bowl weigh in.)  Whitworth is 6'7" and Andy is able to get it around his head.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 04:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hopefully, Pocic will sink his hips and bend his knees so Andy won't throw the ball into the back of his 6'6" head (according to Senior Bowl weigh in.)  Whitworth is 6'7" and Andy is able to get it around his head.

yeah my problem with a super tall center like that is it's right in front of his face. I think tackle is different than center. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 04:18 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah my problem with a super tall center like that is it's right in front of his face. I think tackle is different than center. 

My problem with Bodine is the DT is in Andy's face.

So pick your poison.
Reply/Quote
Best center in the draft is Feeney from Indiana.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 02:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: On day one, he got flung down by kpassagnon and beat by a slow dt (vanderdoes)on a inside move. He's my third center I want behind elflien and toth. Reminds me a lot of elflien.

I can definitely understand your worry about such a tall center. However, Toth is tall too. Both play with good leverage and have great length to keep defenders at bay and open up lanes.
Elflein makes sense, but if the reports are true about his surprisingly short arm length, I worry he will struggle getting into the body of defenders and push them off the ball. Bodine has 32.5" arm length, which is considered average at best. Elflein supposedly has "average at best" length too, but I'm not sure what that actual measurement is.

An OL can be as strong as an ox, but if he can't get into the body of a longer armed defender, that strength doesn't matter and that OL player will get beaten constantly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can definitely understand your worry about such a tall center. However, Toth is tall too. Both play with good leverage and have great length to keep defenders at bay and open up lanes.
Elflein makes sense, but if the reports are true about his surprisingly short arm length, I worry he will struggle getting into the body of defenders and push them off the ball. Bodine has 32.5" arm length, which is considered average at best. Elflein supposedly has "average at best" length too, but I'm not sure what that actual measurement is.

An OL can be as strong as an ox, but if he can't get into the body of a longer armed defender, that strength doesn't matter and that OL player will get beaten constantly.

Arm length isn't such a big deal with interior OLmen, as it is with Tackles.  Tackles need that arm length to deal with pass rushers trying to go wide on them.  Centers, dealing more with NTs, need to be able to drive the bigger man off of the ball, and simply keep their body between the defender and the QB on passing plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote