Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Screw This Damn Franchise.
(11-16-2020, 01:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More nonsense. Dalton’s 3rd game of his career he went 17/32 157 yds 0 TD 2 INT 40.8 rating against the 9ers.

How was he not “ruined” but Burrow (with a far better stat line) is? I know it’s a Monday after a bad loss to the Steelers, but seriously, let’s not descend into total irrationality.

3rd game?

We are 10 games in my friend. 

Dalton was headed to the playoffs. 

Burrow's look at the end of the game should send chills down everyone's spine. The look of defeat. Or worse yet (they were right about this organization).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I just love how people don't realize that rookies can and usually do get better.

What are you guys talking about. Denying Dalton's success 10 games in his rookie year?

6-4 for those who may fall for fake news.

Maybe I went wrong by mentioning Dalton. It was more to the point of why Palmer and Dalton took longer to reach that look Burrow had.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: 3rd game?

Burrow's look at the end of the game should send chills down everyone's spine. The look of defeat. Or worse yet (they were right about this organization).

Burrow is on pace to have better stats in every single category than Dalton did his rookie season.

Dalton:

comp% 58.14, 3398 yds, 20 TD, 13 INT, 80.4 rating

Burrow: (projected)

Comp% 65.4, 4418 yds, 21 TD, 9 INT, 89.8 rating

The 2011 team had a top 10 defense led by your boy Zimmer. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Burrow is playing well enough to also take us to the playoffs if he had a top 10 defense?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: What are you guys talking about. Denying Dalton's success 10 games in his rookie year?

6-4 for those who may fall for fake news.

Maybe I went wrong by mentioning Dalton. It was more to the point of why Palmer and Dalton took longer to reach that look Burrow had.

Who's denying Dalton's success in 10 games in his rookie year? I'm pointing out the ridiculous and idiotic notion that Burrow's career is done or can be judged entirely NOW, after his 9th game in his rookie season is ridiculous and idiotic. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: 3rd game?

Unsure of your profession, and mine wouldn't qualify me to have an opinion on it either, but i didn't see what you saw.  I saw a guy that was pissed at how he played, owned it like a man, and is ready to watch that film and improve.  I saw nothing negative, but of course we see what we want to see.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow is on pace to have better stats in every single category than Dalton did his rookie season.

Dalton:

The 2011 team had a top 10 defense led by your boy Zimmer. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Burrow is playing well enough to also take us to the playoffs if he had a top 10 defense?

This isn't about Dalton (sorry, I guess we still can't bring him up, even if the point wasn't a comparison as to who was better).

Either way, only thing that matters is wins.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who's denying Dalton's success in 10 games in his rookie year? I'm pointing out the ridiculous and idiotic notion that Burrow's career is done or can be judged entirely NOW, after his 9th game in his rookie season is ridiculous and idiotic. 

You missed "that look". That was a look of exasperation and defeat, the look of hopelessness and having to fix it all on your own. A look we typically don't see Bengals players recover from. Specifically our QB's.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm still entertained enough by Burrow to watch, but I will not watch another Bungles/Stealers game for possibly 2 years. 

There's still too much ***** running through the blood of this organization to hope to compete, and even after that's gone we'll need to accumulate enough talent to beat them and the officials. 

Same...I love watching the young guys right now but I refuse to watch Bengals Steelers games. Too much heartbreak over the last 30 years and it is honestly bad for my health. I usually end up throwing and breaking shit and screaming odd obscenities in front of my family. I was at the 2015 playoff meltdown and I have not watched a full game since. I look at Steelers week as a weekend off to spend time with my wife and son. I will check the score occasionally but as usual after the 1st or 2nd quarter the score is so out of hand that I dont need to check it anymore. My blood pressure has gone down since I stopped watching these games but is it too much to ask for a competitive team that at least plays the Steelers (THEIR DIVISIONAL RIVAL) tough every now and then so I can watch these games again? Some day maybe when they are the London Bengals I might be able to watch the game again. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow is on pace to have better stats in every single category than Dalton did his rookie season.

Dalton:

Dalton also had a much, MUCH better Oline in 2011
Reply/Quote
Again, it wasn't about who is playing better. It's clear by now we won't be seeing 5 straight playoff runs to start Burrows career. So who cares. It's about how long it takes for a qb to have "the look".

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again, it wasn't about who is playing better. It's clear by now we won't be seeing 5 straight playoff runs to start Burrows career. So who cares. It's about how long it takes for a qb to have "the look".

People were saying this after his “look” when Fat Randy missed the FG against the Chargers, too. He’ll be fine. It’s never come easy to Joe Burrow. He sat behind guys he was clearly better than at OSU, he had an unremarkable first season at LSU, and then it all came together for him. He’s a smart kid, he was obviously not expecting instant success. Peyton Manning told him as much from one #1OA to another.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29065172/peyton-manning-tells-joe-burrow-learn-tough-rookie-year

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm still entertained enough by Burrow to watch, but I will not watch another Bungles/Stealers game for possibly 2 years. 

I hadn't attended a Steeler game at PBS in may years, got so thoroughly sick of driving down there to watch them lose time and time again.  But along came a home playoff game, and they suckered me in yet again.  That game turned out to be the bed-shitting debacle that was January 9, 2016.  Never again.  

You just go on ahead and keep that football, Lucy, and cram it up your *****.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I hadn't attended a Steeler game at PBS in may years, got so thoroughly sick of driving down there to watch them lose time and time again.  But along came a home playoff game, and they suckered me in yet again.  That game turned out to be the bed-shitting debacle that was January 9, 2016.  Never again.  

You just go on ahead and keep that football, Lucy, and cram it up your *****.

Word
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Again, it wasn't about who is playing better. It's clear by now we won't be seeing 5 straight playoff runs to start Burrows career. So who cares. It's about how long it takes for a qb to have "the look".

I get what you are saying and I understand.

On here, as the comparisons start flying people start tossing out stats, but I think you are right about the look on Burrow's face and his body language at the end of the steelers game. It was very alarming.

Now, it is entirely possible that the look was due to being in an unfamiliar situation (the guy said in an interview to start the year he wasn't used to losing and couldn't remember losing two games in a row ever.) With Dalton, he wasn't coming off a National Championship, he also had the city rallying around him since everyone was down on Palmer for his exit. Then add in, the team was winning. Next is Palmer, he sat a year, and then went 8-8 but again, the team wasn't getting beat down like it is this season.

I think the look that was on Burrow at the end of that game was one of just utter disbelief. I doubt he has been in many games in his life where nothing worked, and he played poorly and the whole team played poorly and they literally just got punched in the mouth and had zero answer for it.

Here is what is important. What does he do about it? Does the end of that game start to creep into his mind, and he looks like Klingler or does he take hold of it and just say **** it, I'm not going through that experience again and learn from it? So far, the kid has shown that when he gets knocked on his ass, he gets up and learns from it. 

So, let's see what we see across the next few weeks. If he comes back out next week, lights up Washington and plays well (win or lose) then you have to think he learned something from the steeler game. If he comes out gun-shy and plays terrible and looks off, that is when you cross your fingers they straighten it out fast.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think your screwed

[Image: 61tO5ExJfxL._SL1149_.jpg]
Reply/Quote