Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scribe Mock- Hobson's picks
Hobson is blowing smoke,but if we went with Ridley and cut lafell I would like it. Still could get o line later.
Reply/Quote
You should see what Dave Dameshek picked for us on the NFL Mock draft show if you hate this one.

Lamar Jackson

Now I had an issue the moment I saw Dave was the one picking for the Bengals as he is a known Steeler fan, but I figured to give him the benefit of doubt and see who he would select.

I wasn't surprised that he would have us reach for a QB and then talk shit about the team.

Jackson would be a terrible selection as he isn't NFL ready. At all, and probably never will be. Hell the QBs they put up that had his stats in college, Vince Young, Johnny Manziel and DeShaun Watson. I know that a lot of analyst are in love with Watson, but reality will sink in with him and he will be on the bench or on the street. So if Jackson is like those guys, then we better stay away.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 11:52 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: You should see what Dave Dameshek picked for us on the NFL Mock draft show if you hate this one.

Lamar Jackson

Now I had an issue the moment I saw Dave was the one picking for the Bengals as he is a known Steeler fan, but I figured to give him the benefit of doubt and see who he would select.

I wasn't surprised that he would have us reach for a QB and then talk shit about the team.

Jackson would be a terrible selection as he isn't NFL ready.  At all, and probably never will be.  Hell the QBs they put up that had his stats in college, Vince Young, Johnny Manziel and DeShaun Watson.  I know that a lot of analyst are in love with Watson, but reality will sink in with him and he will be on the bench or on the street.  So if Jackson is like those guys, then we better stay away.

I don't know what Jackson will become.  But with Watson, reality has set in.  The guy is ***** good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:54 AM)McC Wrote: I don't know what Jackson will become.  But with Watson, reality has set in.  The guy is ***** good.

After 7 games?  Really?

No, he is not.

He is a media darling that will constantly get praise for other players making him look good and then given a pass for when he messes up by them blaming the other players.

A lot of haters will do the same thing but in reverse.  They will praise the other players for making him look good, but blame him when the other players mess up.

He is just like Young, Kaepernick, RGIII, Bridgewater and playing wise Manziel. 

Just like RIII and Bridgewater, he also seems to have gotten injured early in his career.

Face it these guys are 1 trick ponies that when they can't scramble around or run for the 1st down with their OLine holding on to defenders for dear life, then they aren't effective.  These guys aren't the kind that can beat you with their arms, they need to be able to use their legs.  The problem, as they get older they get slower while the new guys get faster.  Cam is showing signs of wearing down, and if it continues, will not be the QB that went to the SB as teams will not worry about him escaping the pocket and running for the 1st down.

No, stay away from these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:38 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: After 7 games?  Really?

No, he is not.

He is a media darling that will constantly get praise for other players making him look good and then given a pass for when he messes up by them blaming the other players.

A lot of haters will do the same thing but in reverse.  They will praise the other players for making him look good, but blame him when the other players mess up.

Just like RIII and Bridgewater, he also seems to have gotten injured early in his career.

Face it these guys are 1 trick ponies that when they can't scramble around or run for the 1st down with their OLine holding on to defenders for dear life, then they aren't effective.  These guys aren't the kind that can beat you with their arms, they need to be able to use their legs.  The problem, as they get older they get slower while the new guys get faster.  Cam is showing signs of wearing down, and if it continues, will not be the QB that went to the SB as teams will not worry about him escaping the pocket and running for the 1st down.

Watson threw for 400 yards against Seattle, 300 against the Patriots, 283 vs the Titans, in fact in the after his 1st two starts he threw for at least 225 in his next 5 games before he got hurt. Bridgewater is not a runner and never has been. Norv Turner tried unsuccessfully to turn him in to one which he was not. RG3 was a run first QB coming out of college that was never asked to read more than half a field and take off after 2 reads max. Jackson only ran on 25% of designed passing plays, meaning he stood in the pocket and tried to make the throws, also note he was asked to make 3 reads often in a pro style offense.This post reeks of racial stereotypes that it seems you threw Manziel in for good measure to point to and say see "nuh uh". Manziel relied heavily on Mike Evans to bail him out in college with jump balls. When you put on the tape you see a guy who could buy time, and often times tried to create chaos on purpose for the splash plays, which is nothing like what Lamar Jackson does. 

I don't know if Jackson will be great or not, but lumping him in with "these guys" is a mistake. 
Reply/Quote

No, he is not.

I don't necessarily have a problem taking a running QB IF he is skilled at other positions and can play them at the NFL level , but running QBs are generally basically running backs and WRs who just happen to  be able to also throw a football once in awhile. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

No, he is not.

This is the definition of just writing someone off due to categorizing them into a field of busts.

Watson was kicking ***. Clearly all you do is focus on speed, and then ASSUME they can’t throw. That’s ridiculous.

Watson is already a star. He played lights out, and what talent was around him besides Hopkins? They had a horrible o line, all TEs were hurt, and didn’t have Fuller for a while either.

Jackson IMO will be steal. He’s got great talent, and he does have an arm.

BTW - a lot of guys would praise Mike Vick’s ability to send a ball nearly 70 yards downfield with a flick of the wrist. You can have both speed and an arm.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: Watson threw for 400 yards against Seattle, 300 against the Patriots, 283 vs the Titans, in fact in the after his 1st two starts he threw for at least 225 in his next 5 games before he got hurt. Bridgewater is not a runner and never has been. Norv Turner tried unsuccessfully to turn him in to one which he was not. RG3 was a run first QB coming out of college that was never asked to read more than half a field and take off after 2 reads max. Jackson only ran on 25% of designed passing plays, meaning he stood in the pocket and tried to make the throws, also note he was asked to make 3 reads often in a pro style offense.This post reeks of racial stereotypes that it seems you threw Manziel in for good measure to point to and say see "nuh uh". Manziel relied heavily on Mike Evans to bail him out in college with jump balls. When you put on the tape you see a guy who could buy time, and often times tried to create chaos on purpose for the splash plays, which is nothing like what Lamar Jackson does. 

I don't know if Jackson will be great or not, but lumping him in with "these guys" is a mistake. 

I believe that's a pretty big percentage for the NFL. Watch a game and see how many times Brady or Dalton or Rogers or Smith run on passing plays.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 09:38 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe that's a pretty big percentage for the NFL. Watch a game and see how many times Brady or Dalton or Rogers or Smith run on passing plays.

That's actually a pretty small percentage in College and it was down a good mark from the year previous, the stat in context was highlighting his progression into a pocket passer who ran when plays broke down not because he wanted to take off. I believe it was lower than Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen if I remember the stat correctly, i'll see if I can find the full breakdown later.
Reply/Quote
Well, several of the NFL Channel on Sirius have us taking Jackson as well. Yes, he needs a year or two, but we have Dalton now, so there is time to groom Jackson. And anyone who thinks Jackson is purely a spectacular running QB who can't beat you with his arm, simply hasn't watched him play. (Not saying I agree with tacking a QB early, but I wouldn't be upset if we got him in the 2nd.)
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, several of the NFL Channel on Sirius have us taking Jackson as well. Yes, he needs a year or two, but we have Dalton now, so there is time to groom Jackson. And anyone who thinks Jackson is purely a spectacular running QB who can't beat you with his arm, simply hasn't watched him play. (Not saying I agree with tacking a QB early, but I wouldn't be upset if we got him in the 2nd.)

Because he is a QB someone will trade back into the 1st before he gets to the 2nd. The value of the 5th year option, especially for a QB who may need a year or two to show what he can do is super valuable.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, several of the NFL Channel on Sirius have us taking Jackson as well. Yes, he needs a year or two, but we have Dalton now, so there is time to groom Jackson. And anyone who thinks Jackson is purely a spectacular running QB who can't beat you with his arm, simply hasn't watched him play. (Not saying I agree with tacking a QB early, but I wouldn't be upset if we got him in the 2nd.)

From what I understand, Mike Brown wanted Colin Kaepernick coming out of College.

Mike could very well be enamoured with Lamar Jackson.

It could be in Marvin's best interest to go along with Mike on picking Lamar in round 1 because it could line up another 2 year extension opportunity for Marvin. It would be a season or two before Lamar would be ready to take the job and the Bengals may not want a Head Coaching change to coincide with Lamar taking over the QB job.

Mike gets his QB that has running ability and Marvin likely gets more time to be the Head Coach and transition into the Lamar era.

Reply/Quote
Like it or not, it's fair to point out Watson getting a serious injury only 6 games into his career. It's a concern.

When you look at Lamar Jackson, he looks brittle. NFL.com lists him at 6'3" and 200 lbs. So the same weight as Vick, but 3 inches taller.

I'd feel much better if he were 220, but that's a lot of bulk to add. Even if by some miracle he could add that much weight, would he lose some speed?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like it or not, it's fair to point out Watson getting a serious injury only 6 games into his career. It's a concern.

When you look at Lamar Jackson, he looks brittle. NFL.com lists him at 6'3" and 200 lbs. So the same weight as Vick, but 3 inches taller.

I'd feel much better if he were 220, but that's a lot of bulk to add. Even if by some miracle he could add that much weight, would he lose some speed?

I am reading that Lamar weighed in at 215 pounds at the combine.

I saw a mock on NFL Network where they had the Bengals taking him and just seeing it on the screen & knowing that Mike Brown wanted Kaepernick coming out of college made me think that it could actually happen on Thursday.

Lamar had dinner with Coaches and maybe Mike.

He may just be in their Top 3 or so players that are expected to possibly be there when they pick and say the other 2 get taken before they pick.

Then it's Lamar that we pick.

Could happen...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:23 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am reading that Lamar weighed in at 215 pounds at the combine.

I saw a mock on NFL Network where they had the Bengals taking him and just seeing it on the screen & knowing that Mike Brown wanted Kaepernick coming out of college made me think that it could actually happen on Thursday.

Lamar had dinner with Coaches and maybe Mike.

He may just be in their Top 3 or so players that are expected to possibly be there when they pick and say the other 2 get taken before they pick.

Then it's Lamar that we pick.

Could happen...

It was Mallett, not Kaepernick (though I think it may have been both).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It was Mallett, not Kaepernick (though I think it may have been both).

I just googled "mike brown colin kaepernick" and found a few articles saying that Mike wanted Kaepernick over Dalton.

He may have wanted Mallett over Dalton also.

Mike could be all in on Lamar or maybe not.

It will rock Dalton's world if we draft him.
Reply/Quote
With Louisville being fairly close to Cincinnati, (100 miles away) I wonder if Mike Brown factors in getting Louisville fans to come to the stadium to see Lamar Jackson play here should they take him.
Reply/Quote
Taking Ridley already giving up on Ross.... Yea that makes sense, just like we took an offensive lineman last year because we gave up on Ogbheui. Oh wait.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like it or not, it's fair to point out Watson getting a serious injury only 6 games into his career. It's a concern.

Non contact injury during a practice, literally could happen to anyone.

Lamar Jackson Combine measurables were same as Dalton- 6'2 216 lbs
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: I just googled "mike brown colin kaepernick" and found a few articles saying that Mike wanted Kaepernick over Dalton.

He may have wanted Mallett over Dalton also.

Mike could be all in on Lamar or maybe not.

It will rock Dalton's world if we draft him.

heres the thing though if we were looking at starting over we would have bounced the head coach too..  I don't think grabbing a top round QB helps us win right now. which seems to be the goal.

Makes sense if looking to the future but if marvin was brought back to win now.  then lets draft to win now.
Reply/Quote