Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmage Press Conference
(09-01-2020, 02:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You folks who are sick of hearing the players cram their political beliefs into sports sure love cramming your political beliefs into Jungle Noise.  How about you lead by example and save your own political gripes for the appropriate areas?

Well, to be fair, this thread was about the press conference, and the press conference got political.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, to be fair, this thread was about the press conference, and the press conference got political.

Right, and our best idea of how to show our distaste for people using their platform to spread their political ideology is to do the exact same thing.  Football players talking politics!  How absurd, let me complain about it on a football message board.

People are allowed to do this, but I feel like it's a bit hypocritical.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who gives a shit about his "political" beliefs? You should be impressed that he has the balls to stand up and make his voice heard and back up his teammates. It brings them closer and that can only help on the field. 

Or maybe you forgot Boomers antics during the strike year? I don't see too many people still saying "i wish he would have just shut up and played"...

I criticize Boomer back then and count me in on the political crap needs to be off topic. Play football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 08:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because in the United States people have freedom of speech?

Why should you be able to control what other people say?

Fred....stop agitating

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I criticize Boomer back then and count me in on the political crap needs to be off topic.  Play football

Guys, my thread got hijacked and, although I understand the underlying premise behind "just play football", Burrow was asked directly about the day.  What should he have done?  Said "I only want to talk about football"?   That would have really turned his back on his teammates, who interestingly requested he be one of the voices behind Hopkin's written statement.

I just love that Burrow is standing with his teammates and also love that way he handles himself in these press conferences.  
Reply/Quote
Hell, for all we know Joe Burrow could be president in 25 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hell, for all we know Joe Burrow could be president in 25 years.

Can he start with Governor of Ohio?  Shit, he could run tomorrow and he would win in a landslide already.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can he start with Governor of Ohio?  Shit, he could run tomorrow and he would win in a landslide already.  

Maybe he could start with Mayor of Cincinnati cuz the morons in charge of this place have run it into the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Guys, my thread got hijacked and, although I understand the underlying premise behind "just play football", Burrow was asked directly about the day.  What should he have done?  Said "I only want to talk about football"?   That would have really turned his back on his teammates, who interestingly requested he be one of the voices behind Hopkin's written statement.

I just love that Burrow is standing with his teammates and also love that way he handles himself in these press conferences.  

Agree with that, sorry SHRacer for even bringing it up.

Really excited for the Offense this year if we can stay relatively healthy and the O-line can block decent.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 12:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with that, sorry SHRacer for even bringing it up.

Really excited for the Offense this year if we can stay relatively healthy and the O-line can block decent.

No apologies needed, my friend!  I get it.  It just seemed like folks were taking for granted or missing the point I was trying to make about Burrow.  I guess some are going to be skeptical until they see him on the field doing it in stripes. 

I just remember how excited I was when Palmer first took the field.  And I remember thinking we FINALLY have our QB.  He had his ups and downs and Dalton was "steady Eddy", but could never elevate us to that next level...although I will always wonder about 2015.

Enter Burrow with vision and mobility we have not seen here in ages.  I love the guy's dedication and commitment to preparation.  It seems like his teammates are saying things that I never heard about Dalton, or even Palmer for that matter.  I love it.  It's your team, Joe.  Go lead them to the promise land.  
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for 2021 when the Jungle will be booming with excitement to cheer on the team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No apologies needed, my friend!  I get it.  It just seemed like folks were taking for granted or missing the point I was trying to make about Burrow.  I guess some are going to be skeptical until they see him on the field doing it in stripes. 

I just remember how excited I was when Palmer first took the field.  And I remember thinking we FINALLY have our QB.  He had his ups and downs and Dalton was "steady Eddy", but could never elevate us to that next level...although I will always wonder about 2015.

Enter Burrow with vision and mobility we have not seen here in ages.  I love the guy's dedication and commitment to preparation.  It seems like his teammates are saying things that I never heard about Dalton, or even Palmer for that matter.  I love it.  It's your team, Joe.  Go lead them to the promise land.  

Yes, the way Burrow prepares and his vision, accuracy, mobility and the way he manages a pocket is just rare, extremely rare.

But he cannot hold onto the ball as he is learning from our pass rush. He is learning from his mistakes right now and will as the 
year goes on I have no doubt. Just have to help him out with a decent O-line in front of him and hopefully AJ and Ross can stay
healthy for him. Been seeing our TE's getting targeted a lot more too since Burrow has gotten here.

Both Sample and Uzi have looked good catching passes from Joe.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, the way Burrow prepares and his vision, accuracy, mobility and the way he manages a pocket is just rare, extremely rare.

But he cannot hold onto the ball as he is learning from our pass rush. He is learning from his mistakes right now and will as the 
year goes on I have no doubt. Just have to help him out with a decent O-line in front of him and hopefully AJ and Ross can stay
healthy for him. Been seeing our TE's getting targeted a lot more too since Burrow has gotten here.

Both Sample and Uzi have looked good catching passes from Joe.

The TEs, specifically Uzo and Samples as you mentioned, are one of many things I am excited about this season.

One of the keys for what you are talking about is when they go empty, and with tempo, Burrow will need a receiver (or RB) that can generate quick separation and can be a quick target if the pass rush gets through.  I, for one, never understood the "taking another guy out of the pattern to keep in to block" idea with a RB on blitz pickup.  Burrow processes things really quickly and if teams blitz him, he will burn them.  He just has to have reliable targets and I think he will have a very solid receiving corps between the WR, TE, and RB position groups.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 03:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The TEs, specifically Uzo and Samples as you mentioned, are one of many things I am excited about this season.

One of the keys for what you are talking about is when they go empty, and with tempo, Burrow will need a receiver (or RB) that can generate quick separation and can be a quick target if the pass rush gets through.  I, for one, never understood the "taking another guy out of the pattern to keep in to block" idea with a RB on blitz pickup.  Burrow processes things really quickly and if teams blitz him, he will burn them.  He just has to have reliable targets and I think he will have a very solid receiving corps between the WR, TE, and RB position groups.

Burrow plays better in a 5 man front anyways and in the Shotgun.

He loves to throw to the TE's and RB's which is what I love. Cannot just force it to your WR's like Dalton did a lot last year.

Have to use all your weapons and this is another thing Burrow is great at. Just throw to the open guy, regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow plays better in a 5 man front anyways and in the Shotgun.

He loves to throw to the TE's and RB's which is what I love. Cannot just force it to your WR's like Dalton did a lot last year.

Have to use all your weapons and this is another thing Burrow is great at. Just throw to the open guy, regardless of position.

Exactly....like the Colts used to say with Manning:  We think our 5th best receiving option is that much better than your 5th best cover guy.  And we have the QB to find that matchup quickly.  
Reply/Quote