Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Seahawks are the new Bengals"
(12-27-2017, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because of Vontaz Burfict. Being the most recogizable "dirty" player makes the Bengals the dirtiest team in the league ... somehow.

Yet it's funny. Were the Lions considered the dirtiest team, when Suh played there? Or the crap Talib did, poking the Indy player in the eyes, did that make Denver the dirtiest team? Every team seems to have that 1 player that is over the line or pushes that border line.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Considering we were never the dirtiest team to begin with, I think it's better to say they're the "new steelers". 

How the beyond ignorant narrative that the bengals are the dirtiest team became so popular and believable I'll never understand. Bunch of gullible, moronic sports fans out there  Whatever

Short of a bengals super bowl win, there's not much out there I'd like more. Weren't the steelers first 40/something years of existence worse than our first 50? Maybe the football gods think they've paid their dues  Ninja But that can only mean we're next  Cool

People are sheepish parrots that can't think for themselves. 2017 was a very good year for proving this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:30 PM)BMK Wrote: Well, that was never stated,  but then he said "so much for hometown loyalty" which would suggest fans in Pgh.    But even if so, why would Ohioans, that happen to be Steeler fans, be expected to also be fans of Pitt? 

You'd have to ask him that.....lol.  I was just going off of what I see here and there.  I'm not even from Ohio, but I became a Bengals fan out of proximity, and my grandmother's allegiances to the Reds and Bengals.  I see quite a few fans on the internet that are OSU and Stoolers fans, and when I am visiting inlaws in Ohio.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Considering we were never the dirtiest team to begin with, I think it's better to say they're the "new steelers". 

How the beyond ignorant narrative that the bengals are the dirtiest team became so popular and believable I'll never understand. Bunch of gullible, moronic sports fans out there  Whatever

You'll get no argument from me on that....but....

(12-27-2017, 03:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because of Vontaz Burfict. Being the most recogizable "dirty" player makes the Bengals the dirtiest team in the league ... somehow.

.....this is true, and I'd add in Pacman Jones as well.

(12-27-2017, 03:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep, that seems to be the general consensus... And it still doesn't make any sense. The steelers have had plenty of Burfict's on their team over the years. Yet of course, players like Joey Porter, James Harrison, Hines Ward, Mike Mitchell, all were/are lauded as "tough, hard-nosed football players" when in reality they made dirty hits as often as they could. 

The bias and ignorance makes me sick. I'd blame the media, but it's the people that are eating this shit up. Like I said, a bunch of brain dead morons out there. Sadly, they seem to be the non-silent majority 

You're exactly right on all accounts.  Somehow, I think some of it still goes back to the days of Thurman and Henry too.....sad as that is.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yet it's funny. Were the Lions considered the dirtiest team, when Suh played there? Or the crap Talib did, poking the Indy player in the eyes, did that make Denver the dirtiest team? Every team seems to have that 1 player that is over the line or pushes that border line.  

Nope, they just called the Suh the dirtiest player in the league.....but not the Lions as whole.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Every team seems to have that 1 player that is over the line or pushes that border line.  

While the Steelers have at least 22.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: So, I guess we're no longer the "dirtiest team in the league".....according to a tweet in this article....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/seahawks-are-officially-the-dirtiest-team-in-the-nfl-and-this-proves-it/ar-BBH7JVL?li=BBnb7Kz

Yey? Smirk

It was a false narrative to begin with.  The Bengals never were the dirtiest team in the league.  One guy and he stopped the dirty stuff two years ago.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: You'll get no argument from me on that....but....

.....this is true, and I'd add in Pacman Jones as well.

You're exactly right on all accounts.  Somehow, I think some of it still goes back to the days of Thurman and Henry too.....sad as that is.

Thurman and Slim were never even dirty.  They were just stupid.  The harm they did was always to themselves.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 04:41 PM)McC Wrote: Thurman and Slim were never even dirty.  They were just stupid.  The harm they did was always to themselves.

I agree......but media.....and spoon fed dullards that eat it up.......

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree......but media.....and spoon fed dullards that eat it up.......

Still pissed off at Thurman to this day!! The one time the Bengals get a true MLB that had "All Pro" written all over him, turns out to be an addict and dumber than a box of rocks..... We can only imagine how great this guy could have been!! Hopefully he has gotten his life together. Last I heard, he was working for a construction company.

PS. I just googled him, he's back at UGA and in their strength and conditioning program as an intern.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: It was a false narrative to begin with.  The Bengals never were the dirtiest team in the league.  One guy and he stopped the dirty stuff two years ago.

Yep. It's like the "Bengals = criminals" narrative from like a decade ago. There was one year - ONE - where the Bengals had a few guys that had run-ins with the law and for YEARS after, that was the narrative that the Bengals were a team of criminals or some derivative of that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree......but media.....and spoon fed dullards that eat it up.......

That's for sure.  

Reply/Quote
Well... the Seahawks did rip a page out of the "How to lose epically" Bengals book here... so yeah.

[Image: PATSPATSPATS.0.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's ok for Big Ben to rape two women since he's won two
Super Bowls. That's overlooked but if burfict takes a good shot at one of their players he's as bad as Isis. It's funny how the whole
Thing with Big Ben went away. Rest assured if that was Andy they would demand he be banned for life.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we get a new HC who isn't a stealer fan as well and go on a Superbowl winning spree.

To Wyche, any football fan that doesn't know that the arm pitt is the dirtiest team is a stealers fan.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious <--- me pretending to care.. 
It's not that I don't care, but I don't care. I'm not saying that I don't care...Oh wait.. Yes, yes indeed that's exactly what I'm saying..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 01:01 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Man, that last sentence put a smile on my face, thank you.

But I believe most of the Steelers fans flock to PSU honestly. Think it's only like a two hour drive or so.

Don't know about that, but I haven't seen a PSU anything in Ohio for ages, but you see steeler hats on every fat loser in town.  Makes me want to move.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:27 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: It's ok for Big Ben to rape two women since he's won two
Super Bowls. That's overlooked but if burfict takes a good shot at one of their players he's as bad as Isis. It's funny how the whole
Thing with Big Ben went away.  Rest assured if that was Andy they would demand he be banned for life.

Those are the ones that went public.  That fat piece of shit was doing that at Miami when he was there.  If he was black, or poor, he would be behind bars where he belongs.  Think about it:  Vick got two years in prison for killing dogs.  He is a scumbag, no doubt, but I can tell you if Piggy had done that to my daughter, he would be six feet under and I would be in prison. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 01:47 PM)BMK Wrote: Not sure where your're getting your information, but to say that most Steeler fans root for Ohio State is ridiculous.

Through work and family I'm in Pittsburgh often. Most everyone I'm in contact there are big Steeler fans.  Not 1 of them is an Ohio State fan and when I pressed the issue, they couldn't even come up with anyone they knew that was an OSU fan. 

The majority of college fans in Pittsburgh root for either Pitt or Penn State. 

The majority of steeler fans leaving the game this season were Buckeye fans.  The majority of steeler fans in Dayton are Buckeye fans.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:30 PM)BMK Wrote: Well, that was never stated,  but then he said "so much for hometown loyalty" which would suggest fans in Pgh.    But even if so, why would Ohioans, that happen to be Steeler fans, be expected to also be fans of Pitt? 

Because the term "hometown loyalty" implies (hold your breath) that you root for your hometown team.   The fat, stupid legion of steeler fans around here are likely not from that area...So why not root for their hometown team?  Well, in relation to the pro game, because our home team sucks.  In relation to college, their home town team sucks.  But, they need to feel like less of a fat loser, so they ride the fence.  

It is their choice, and I don't have any right to tell them who to root for, but the point is that is has more to do with winning than hometown or anything geographic.  
Reply/Quote