Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Hannity joins Trump on stage at rally after tweeting he wouldn't
And if can't believe Sean Hannity who can you believe?   Ninja

https://www.axios.com/sean-hannity-onstage-trump-rally-missouri-a662fc51-e9e1-405c-9660-54cfc7da69b2.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100&fbclid=IwAR1u15HVys7V6AwpIKpmMJF3EJeLOwhFQqZOAV8F-azWMiyT_Rl4WQ8ubDk

Quote:Fox News host Sean Hannity joined President Trump on stage at a campaign rally in Missouri last night, despite tweeting that reports he would be doing so were incorrect.

What happened:
  • On Sunday, Axios published a story that said Hannity and talk show host Rush Limbaugh would join the president at the rally in Missouri as special guests, as announced in a campaign press release.
  • On Monday, Axios updated the story after Hannity tweeted that he was set to do a live show from Missouri and interview Trump before the rally. He stated, "To be clear, I will not be on stage campaigning with the President." A Fox News spokesperson confirmed Hannity's tweet.
  • On Monday night, Hannity joined Trump onstage and called the reporters in the back of the room "all fake news." He added that he had "no idea" that Trump was going to invite him onstage.

What they're saying:
  • Fox News spokesperson: "FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events. We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.” 
  • Hannity: "What I said in my tweet yesterday was 100% truthful. When the POTUS invited me on stage to give a few remarks last night, I was surprised, yet honored by the president’s request. This was NOT planned. And to be clear, I was not referring to my journalist colleagues at FOX News in those remarks. They do amazing work day in and day out in a fair and balanced way and it is an honor to work with such great professionals."
  • A senior Fox News employee reportedly told CNN, "People throughout the company think a new line was crossed." Another employee said, "We were all told that Hannity was going to interview the president, but no one that I spoke with expected what happened last night. I'm aghast as are a number of other people."

Fair and Balanced...indeed.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Meh, big deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-06-2018, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, big deal.

People make to much of the "independent" press.  No harm if news commentators become part of the campaign.
(11-06-2018, 07:28 PM)Dill Wrote: People make to much of the "independent" press.  No harm if news commentators become part of the campaign.

That's right, he's a commentator, not an anchor or even a reporter.  He chose to give up any claim to those titles, when he made the decision to be a partisan commentator.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-06-2018, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, he's a commentator, not an anchor or even a reporter.  He chose to give up any claim to those titles, when he made the decision to be a partisan commentator.

I haven't paid attention for a while, but do people still think Fox News is fair and balanced? 
(11-06-2018, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, he's a commentator, not an anchor or even a reporter.  He chose to give up any claim to those titles, when he made the decision to be a partisan commentator.

Interesting. I thought his show was on fox NEWS in primetime and he often claims to be reporting breaking news.

You are probably right though. He has gone beyond all those things. Pretty much made it official he is nothing short of propaganda.

And with the collection of sheep he has gathered over the years its pretty crazy to think about
(11-06-2018, 08:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't paid attention for a while, but do people still think Fox News is fair and balanced? 

Don't know, I quit watching them a couple years ago.  Some days I catch Hannity on the radio, on my drive home.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Well, I was kind of joking about that.  He does claim to be a journalist. There is still, or used to be, a line between reporting/commenting and actively campaigning. Hannity just walked across that line.  

And the Fox team is upset with how the optics plays for their "fair and balanced" claim.

Fox News spokesperson: "FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events. We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”

A senior Fox News employee reportedly told CNN, "People throughout the company think a new line was crossed." Another employee said, "We were all told that Hannity was going to interview the president, but no one that I spoke with expected what happened last night. I'm aghast as are a number of other people."
(11-06-2018, 08:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Interesting. I thought his show was on fox NEWS in primetime and he often claims to be reporting breaking news.

You are probably right though. He has gone beyond all those things. Pretty much made it official he is nothing short of propaganda.

And with the collection of sheep he has gathered over the years its pretty crazy to think about

Of course. He was on the spot in Nevada when armed militia came to back Cliven Bundy. BIG GOVERNMENT vs PATRIOTS!!
https://www.rawstory.com/2014/04/sean-hannity-inflames-brewing-range-war-between-feds-militia-over-nv-cattle-roundup/
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/11/hannitys-dangerous-game-touting-a-rogue-rancher/198864

And provided all kinds of "news analysis" on Ferguson when Black Matters challenged the racial status quo--RACIST LOOTERS vs LAW and ORDER (and armed militia who came to help).
https://thelightnc.com/9559530/sean-hannity-compares-black-lives-matter-movement-to-the-ku-klux-klan/
LOL, If Hannity is a journalist I'm a brain surgeon. He is Fox's stooge or like a Sarah lazy eye Sanders, a Trump cheerleader. Bret Baier and Shepard Smith are pretty legit. Murdoch is approving all these shenanigans.

This post was sent from a phone using solid state chips.