Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Payton Call Proves The NFL Is Biased
(12-09-2017, 12:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: 1. There are four pictures, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Seattle, and Houston, where there are clearly more than just the trainers and head coach on the field. 

2. Jawing with opposing players is irrelevant to Bradley's original post. His comparison is simply coaches running onto the field, to which I was responding. Changing the parameters of the argument mid discussion is very Bradlike and causes endless circular discussions which is why I generally avoid interacting with him. 

3. Again reputation was never mentioned in his first post. 

This is a typical tactic employed on these boards, by fans of all teams; find the one part of an argument that can't be debated and stick to it like glue. 

Threads aren't static, they're fluid. While his point was that Peyton got flagged and Porter didn't, that's not really his point entirely(i'm assuming here). By that i mean, his post isn't presented properly to discuss the "problem". There's also the problem that Porter was 2 years ago and Peyton was this week. Rules change, are adjusted and called differently. 

So, with all that said, my post was directed at your example of his incorrect presentation. Your narrow view on 'coaches on the field' isn't honest when using Porter as an example because, as i said, those coaches were focused on the injured player, while Porter was out there (knowing it was a dead-ball injury timeout) and decided to engage with opposing players. It was a douchetastic move that worked in his team's favor (imagine that). 

I doubt you're interested in the larger discussion (based solely on interaction with Pitt fans in the past), so i'll just take my big brain somewhere else and leave you to focus on a part of a thread that can't really be debated--ignoring what the actual intent of the thread was.

Enjoy your "victory".  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It’s like some iron clad code Steelers fans have to just refuse to admit the dirty dealings the Steelers are constantly involved in. It’s admirable to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No you're eyes haven't gotten bad because in all of those other pictures, there are no players from the other team anywhere near the injured player. They have enough respect to stay away, something that the Bengals couldn't do with Brown. 

You mean the Bengals defenders who are allowed to be on the field and weren't near Brown while he was down. 

And neither was Porter. Where was he? In the middle of the Bengals players mouthing off. 

[Image: porter%20punk_zpszjnubp3i.jpg?t=1512750075]

This is after Brown got up and walked past the Bengals players. Where was Porter the whole time?

[Image: porter%20punk2_zpsvzaq8ff5.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No you're eyes haven't gotten bad because in all of those other pictures, there are no players from the other team anywhere near the injured player. They have enough respect to stay away, something that the Bengals couldn't do with Brown.

Say wha...?

[Image: brown%20down_zpsgmjw1sag.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: **edit** lol, funny how you deleted the Bengals picture from the post.  ThumbsUp

I had to because i got an error message that there were 16 images in the post and "i" could only have 15? And that pic was the one on top?

Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sean Payton goes out on the field last night, they throw a flag because coaches aren't allowed on the field and it costs the Saints a chance to get the ball back and win the game.

Joey Porter comes out on the field at the end of the playoff game, isn't flagged, and actually is the reason Jones committed the penalty and gave the Steelers an easy field goal.

Not only should they have not been 15 yards closer, but they should have been 15 yards back.  Do you think they could have made a 65 yard field goal?

Must be nice to follow a team that the rules of the NFL don't apply to.

Brad, the NFL made it illegal for assistant coaches to go on the field after the Porter incident.  That's why it is referred to as the Joey Porter Rule.  What does that have to do with Sean Payton's infraction?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 02:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Brad, the NFL made it illegal for assistant coaches to go on the field after the Porter incident.  That's why it is referred to as the Joey Porter Rule.  What does that have to do with Sean Payton's infraction?

It was illegal before that, which I know because I even posted links to the NFL rule book when Steelers fans were posting that it was legal.

Maybe the new rule just emphasized it more or made it to make the punishments harsher, but it was definitely against the rules even then.

Trust me on this.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was illegal before that, which I know because I even posted links to the NFL rule book when Steelers fans were posting that it was legal.

Maybe the new rule just emphasized it more or made it to make the punishments harsher, but it was definitely against the rules even then.

Trust me on this.

The rule stated only the HC could enter the field, but it was an unwritten rule that it could be ignored when players were injured.  That is where the Porter Rule came in.  It's illegal and to be enforced now, period.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: **edit** lol, funny how you deleted the Bengals picture from the post.  ThumbsUp

Even though my explanation for that was sufficient, i'd just like to point out that, if you check the time on that pic, it has nothing to do with Brown. I believe that's around the time Shazier speared Gio in the face. 

Dummy.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 03:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The rule stated only the HC could enter the field, but it was an unwritten rule that it could be ignored when players were injured.  That is where the Porter Rule came in.  It's illegal and to be enforced now, period.

I doubt it and, even if it was an unwritten rule that it could be ignored, show me any other time where a coach came out on the field that quickly after the play ended.

But, no, it couldn't just be ignored. A rule's a rule. Definitely not where a coach would be the first one on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When Steelers fans can't defend the fact that their dog shit franchise cheats to win, throw out stupid attempts at insults!

I guess that's all you can do when you don't have anything else going for you...........

"Dog shit franchise" ? Then what is the Bengal franchise, mouse shit? Hilarious

"I guess that's all you can do when you don't have anything else going for you."

What exactly does your franchise have going for it? Hilarious

You should write a book about smack talking. How to look like a stupid ten year old kid when attempting to smack. 

Merry Christmas ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:15 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "Dog shit franchise" ? Then what is the Bengal franchise, mouse shit? Hilarious

"I guess that's all you can do when you don't have anything else going for you."

You should write a book about smack talking. How to look like a stupid ten year old kid when attempting to smack. 

Merry Christmas ThumbsUp

LOL

The irony is you suck at smack as well. The reality is there are a select few who smack well (not me either) and then there are the legends in their own mind like you who suck at it, but think they are better than others.

Merry Christmas  Cool
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:15 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "Dog shit franchise" ? Then what is the Bengal franchise, mouse shit? Hilarious
A franchise that has been poorly run but still overcomes it to be a lot more competitive than we relatively should be, given the ineptness of our owner/GM/guy that has run everything for the last 25 years or so.

A franchise that doesn't keep a rapist as the leader of our team and the most important part of the success for the past 12 years or so.  

A franchise that doesn't cheat and have our coaches try to trip players in an attempt to win.

A franchise that isn't helped by bias rules and refs.

(12-10-2017, 07:15 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "I guess that's all you can do when you don't have anything else going for you."

Pride.  Overcoming adversity.  A fanbase that isn't just a bunch of bandwagon jokes that feel like being a fan somehow makes them superior.

(12-10-2017, 07:15 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: You should write a book about smack talking. How to look like a stupid ten year old kid when attempting to smack.  

Merry Christmas ThumbsUp

lol..........  you're an unoriginal Steelers fan who never posts anything with any substance, especially not in smack talk, and act like you're God's gift to the football world.

Carry on  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is after Brown got up and walked past the Bengals players. Where was Porter the whole time?

[Image: porter%20punk2_zpsvzaq8ff5.jpg]

Near Brown, following behind when they were walking him off until Burfict got in the way and was brushed off by a trainer. Porter then stopped to have words with Burfict after that, getting between Burfict and the trainer. I don't deny Porter had no business out there and (I assume) was running his mouth in an inappropriate way, but your discussion of the events is just as blindingly biased as Steelers fans holding Porter blameless. He was out there with Brown and the training staff during the injury timeout. He mouthed off to Burfict for something that the trainer and he took as wrong, though I'm betting Burfict was trying to make a "no hard feelings" gesture (I like to think the best of people, even Burfict). Then he continued to get separated even more from Brown and his entourage because of his idiotic mouth and because of a couple of Bengals players being stupid and surrounding him and purposely bumping into him.

[Image: 635881297743130945-joeyporter.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Near Brown, following behind when they were walking him off until Burfict got in the way and was brushed off by a trainer. Porter then stopped to have words with Burfict after that, getting between Burfict and the trainer. I don't deny Porter had no business out there and (I assume) was running his mouth in an inappropriate way, but your discussion of the events is just as blindingly biased as Steelers fans holding Porter blameless. He was out there with Brown and the training staff during the injury timeout. He mouthed off to Burfict for something that the trainer and he took as wrong, though I'm betting Burfict was trying to make a "no hard feelings" gesture (I like to think the best of people, even Burfict). Then he continued to get separated even more from Brown and his entourage because of his idiotic mouth and because of a couple of Bengals players being stupid and surrounding him and purposely bumping into him.

LOL. I just went back and watched it again (for the 40th time) and saw something i never caught before. I always thought the Steelers trainer pulled a dick move and shoved Burficts hand off of Brown when he touched his shoulder, but Burfict actually stepped in front of the trainer and blocked his path, as if he was trying to get him to react and catch a cheap off-setting flag. 

smdh

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Near Brown, following behind when they were walking him off until Burfict got in the way and was brushed off by a trainer. Porter then stopped to have words with Burfict after that, getting between Burfict and the trainer. I don't deny Porter had no business out there and (I assume) was running his mouth in an inappropriate way, but your discussion of the events is just as blindingly biased as Steelers fans holding Porter blameless. He was out there with Brown and the training staff during the injury timeout. He mouthed off to Burfict for something that the trainer and he took as wrong, though I'm betting Burfict was trying to make a "no hard feelings" gesture (I like to think the best of people, even Burfict). Then he continued to get separated even more from Brown and his entourage because of his idiotic mouth and because of a couple of Bengals players being stupid and surrounding him and purposely bumping into him.

Lost in all of it is that Jones wasn't involved in whatever Porter and Burfict were talking about.  I've never heard Burfict say Porter was saying anything out of line either.

Pacman just did a(nother) stupid Pacman thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

Porter was not running his mouth but rather complimenting Vontaze. Burfict said so himself.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/04/burfict-admits-joey-porter-was-not-talking-smack-and-jones-hit-him-for-no-reason/
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:37 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Porter was not running his mouth but rather complimenting Vontaze. Burfict said so himself.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/04/burfict-admits-joey-porter-was-not-talking-smack-and-jones-hit-him-for-no-reason/

Eh, apparently I don't think the best of Porter, because I always assume he is talking trash. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Eh, apparently I don't think the best of Porter, because I always assume he is talking trash. LOL

You're usually right. 

I know parents of HS kids who have played against his kid in 7 on 7 leagues and they say he's the biggest piece of shit trash talker around. They hate him. I've also heard stories about him running his mouth and causing trouble on his kids HS team as well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You're usually right. 

I know parents of HS kids who have played against his kid in 7 on 7 leagues and they say he's the biggest piece of shit trash talker around. They hate him. I've also heard stories about him running his mouth and causing trouble on his kids HS team as well. 

I'd be honored to be the target of Joey Porter trash talk.

No one wants to get punched in a bar fight, but if Mike Tyson punched you that would be something you'd brag about.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote