Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Payton Call Proves The NFL Is Biased
(12-09-2017, 01:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s like some iron clad code Steelers fans have to just refuse to admit the dirty dealings the Steelers are constantly involved in. It’s admirable to be honest.

I guess I missed that code because I call out Steelers players on their dirty plays and tactics if I see them.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A franchise that has been poorly run but still overcomes it to be a lot more competitive than we relatively should be, given the ineptness of our owner/GM/guy that has run everything for the last 25 years or so.

A franchise that doesn't keep a rapist as the leader of our team and the most important part of the success for the past 12 years or so.  

A franchise that doesn't cheat and have our coaches try to trip players in an attempt to win.

A franchise that isn't helped by bias rules and refs.

Pride.  Overcoming adversity.  A fanbase that isn't just a bunch of bandwagon jokes that feel like being a fan somehow makes them superior.

lol..........  you're an unoriginal Steelers fan who never posts anything with any substance, especially not in smack talk, and act like you're God's gift to the football world.

Carry on  ThumbsUp

Lovenuts

The irony is you suck at smack as well. The reality is there are a select few who smack well (not me either) and then there are the legends in their own mind like you who suck at it, but think they are better than others."
Try facing it sometime.

Hilarious Two whinny little bitches whose "smack" consist of calling someone a rapist and the league is biased over and over and over again. That is the pot calling the kettle black. Like father, like son. Two loads.
My favorite retort was the "pride" one. Now thats funny. Hilarious

Merry Christmas Hilarious

[Image: dq0bfs54yvt4nez4g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 02:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Brad, the NFL made it illegal for assistant coaches to go on the field after the Porter incident.  That's why it is referred to as the Joey Porter Rule.  What does that have to do with Sean Payton's infraction?

So now, we have the following:

The Hines Ward Rule. 

The Kimo VonOlhoffen Rule.

The Ryan Shazier Rule.

The Jerry Porter Rule........

.....and these are just off the top of my head.  Seems like a legit competitor. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: So now, we have the following:

The Hines Ward Rule. 

The Ryan Shazier Rule.

.....and these are just off the top of my head.  Seems like a legit competitor. Mellow

Question....If the Steelers are the league darlings and the refs favor them while hating and working against the Bengals, then why is the league always changing the rules to protect the Bengals from the Steelers?  Hmm
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: So now, we have the following:

The Hines Ward Rule. 

The Ryan Shazier Rule.

One thing we know for sure....The Bengals will never Rule.   Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Question....If the Steelers are the league darlings and the refs favor them while hating and working against the Bengals, then why is the league always changing the rules to protect the Bengals from the Steelers?  Hmm

Because the league knows that there's been too much of an uproar even though they "conveniently" overlook them when they happen.

Most of those rules were illegal but just didn't have names like that because no other team was dirty enough to commit those penalties.
Reply/Quote
Are we seriously still talking about this? Damn, I feel bad for some of you people.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:02 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: One thing we know for sure....The Bengals will never Rule.   Cool

Well they did rule the North for a few years when the Ravens and Steelers let them. 
Baby steps. 

(12-11-2017, 05:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because the league knows that there's been too much of an uproar even though they "conveniently" overlook them when they happen.

Most of those rules were illegal but just didn't have names like that because no other team was dirty enough to commit those penalties.

Except that the only uproar comes from the City of Cincinnati. No one else in the NFL outside of there gives two shits. Which means that the league is catering to the team that it supposedly hates by punishing a team that it supposedly loves. Makes zero sense. 

(12-11-2017, 05:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are we seriously still talking about this? Damn, I feel bad for some of you people.

Slow week
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well they did rule the North for a few years when the Ravens and Steelers let them. 
Baby steps. 
Pssst.  This here is the smack forum...not the technically right forum.   Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Question....If the Steelers are the league darlings and the refs favor them while hating and working against the Bengals, then why is the league always changing the rules to protect the Bengals from the Steelers?  Hmm

.......I was just making a point that the team isn't as pristine as some would have us believe......

The narrative you refer to comes from the fact that a lot of these things weren't flagged on the field.  The officiating is inconsistent to poor at times, as are league rulings.  I won't go as far as to say they are the league darlings, but the Rooneys WERE instrumental in the hiring of ol Rog, and Dan Rooney personally notified him of his hire in Rog's hotel room, were they hugged and even shed a tear.  Google it.

That said, like or lump it, when you're a perennial loser, you don't get calls on the field a lot of times vs established teams.  That's just the way it is. There have been some pretty egregious no-calls though, and a TD that never was in the 2015 playoff game allowed to stand. Where I take issue is with the rescinding of fines and suspensions.....Munchak, Jerry Porter, etc.  The officials did their job on Munchak, not so much on Porter, and then good ol Rog let 'em off the hook, much like Mitchell in KC.  The Bengals got a suspension overturned this year, even though Iloka may have deserved it, but that hasn't been the norm.

TLDR; make no mistake, the team plays dirty, and has since Knoll was around.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:02 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: One thing we know for sure....The Bengals will never Rule.   Cool

I guess you forgot the Mark Malone days......and 1990, 2005, 2009, 2013, and 2015.

My goodness, to think y'all let the lowly Bungals win some division crowns....even in the 70s.  That's bad. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Except that the only uproar comes from the City of Cincinnati. No one else in the NFL outside of there gives two shits. Which means that the league is catering to the team that it supposedly hates by punishing a team that it supposedly loves. Makes zero sense. 

Oh yeah?

Seems I remember some uproar over these.....

[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]

[Image: Wallace_spearing.png]

[Image: TzxPhG9.jpg]

[Image: screen-shot-2017-10-15-at-5-46-26-pm.png...376&crop=1]

[Image: brown8s-1-web.jpg]

[Image: qiNLZmz.gif]

[Image: big-ben-tackle-browns-player.jpg]

etc.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I guess you forgot the Mark Malone days......and 1990, 2005, 2009, 2013, and 2015.

My goodness, to think y'all let the lowly Bungals win some division crowns....even in the 70s.  That's bad. Mellow

Winning the division a hand full of times is not ruling.   Mellow

I mean if we just look at division championships it's 23-9...Hell the Browns have 12 and they haven't seen one since 1989.  LOL...We even won a Superbowl during one of your "rules".... Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:23 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Winning the division a hand full of times is not ruling.   Mellow

I mean if we just look at division championships it's 23-9...Hell the Browns have 12 and they haven't seen one since 1989.  LOL...We even won a Superbowl during one of your "rules".... Cool

.....but in a few fleeting moments, we did indeed "rule".  Kinda like those two times y'all beat Tom Terrific. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh yeah?

Seems I remember some uproar over these.....

[Image: BJn7gmE.gif]

[Image: Wallace_spearing.png]

[Image: TzxPhG9.jpg]

[Image: screen-shot-2017-10-15-at-5-46-26-pm.png...376&crop=1]

[Image: brown8s-1-web.jpg]

[Image: qiNLZmz.gif]

[Image: big-ben-tackle-browns-player.jpg]

etc.

Then you should be able to show me the Cody Wallace, Bud Dupree, Mike Mitchell, Antonio Brown, and Ben Roethlisber Rules, right? 

You cant. There are only rules named after things done to Bengal players. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:42 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Then you should be able to show me the Cody Wallace, Bud Dupree, Mike Mitchell, Antonio Brown, and Ben Roethlisber Rules, right? 

You cant. There are only rules named after things done to Bengal players. 

So what's that got to do with the price of tea in Afghanistan?  I merely pointed out they do a lot of dirty things (even coaches getting involved FFS), showed some rules made for dirty plays, then show examples of dirty plays involving other teams when it was suggested that no one else gets outraged over said dirty plays......best I remember, these teams/players were none too thrilled about these.  i didn't even link the pics of coaches doing dumb shit. Mellow

Reply/Quote
The Ben Roethlisberger Rule would actually be called the Vontaze Burfict Rule, so maybe google that one.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 05:07 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Ben Roethlisberger Rule would actually be called the Vontaze Burfict Rule, so maybe google that one.  Wink

.....at least we have that going for us. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: So what's that got to do with the price of tea in Afghanistan?  I merely pointed out they do a lot of dirty things (even coaches getting involved FFS), showed some rules made for dirty plays, then show examples of dirty plays involving other teams when it was suggested that no one else gets outraged over said dirty plays......best I remember, these teams/players were none too thrilled about these.  i didn't even link the pics of coaches doing dumb shit. Mellow

Oh, I never denied that the Steelers don't do dumb shit. 

As far missed and inconsistently called penalties, it happens all of the time to everyone. I think all fan bases are frustrated by it. We Steeler fans notice it too. I see the ones they miss and the ones they get away with. But there are some Bengal fans who swear the Steelers play by a different set of rules and get ALL of the calls. Simply not true. I think that it's the frustration that is the result of recent Steeler dominance over the Bengals and they only see it one way. There are a lot of Steeler fans who say the same things about the Pats that Bengal fans say about the Steelers. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 05:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh, I never denied that the Steelers don't do dumb shit. 

As far missed and inconsistently called penalties, it happens all of the time to everyone. I think all fan bases are frustrated by it. We Steeler fans notice it too. I see the ones they miss and the ones they get away with. But there are some Bengal fans who swear the Steelers play by a different set of rules and get ALL of the calls. Simply not true. I think that it's the frustration that is the result of recent Steeler dominance over the Bengals and they only see it one way. There are a lot of Steeler fans who say the same things about the Pats that Bengal fans say about the Steelers. 

So the Steelers play the Pats at least twice a year every year and see the same consistent patterns?

There's enough examples to make it something that's too obvious to ignore?
Reply/Quote