Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Ending/Off Season Thoughts;
What's done is done, and as fans, we have 3 options:

1. Change teams.

2. Stay a fan and continue to let a bunch of prima donnas, making great salaries, playing a game, make us pissed off, bitter, whiners.

3. Or, continue to do, as I have done since MB, expect the worse and hope for the best.

Looking at MB's track record, being realistic, NOT looking at how I think things should be, but how things would most likely play out, there's some positives to take away about Marvin getting 2 more years, if you are inclined to take Option 3.

MB would have most likely hired an HC from within. The reason I think that is;

1. ML has been in place for 15 years and MB was comfortable with that system, which is probably why he extended him.

2. Because of that, MB would most likely want to keep some of that continuity, rather than chancing going outside, probably bringing in a whole new system.

3. History tells me, MB would NEVER let ANY coach come in, clean house, and run, what the HC is responsible for, the team the way the HC wanted to.

4. If Guenther had been named HC, maybe not as many would have jumped ship, including Piano Man.

Does that mean he will be a better clock manager and have less hand clapping and start yelling at the referees? Doubtful ...... BUT ..... this is the second time in his 15 years that he had two losing seasons in a row, and I have to believe that this second time, has left a much more bitter taste for him than the last time.

Finally, the last time he had 2 losing seasons in a row, they won the division and swept the AFC North!
Reply/Quote