Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season Predictions, what's yours ?
11-5

I think the new blood on defense makes a difference. The offense gets a boost with its youth also. It's also not asked to out score people, just not lose games.

The kicking is improved. It has to be, right?

The o line plays just good enough and we see hope there for next year.

Also, the afc east is a dumpster fire. Only New England makes the playoffs.

The afc south. Jax has no qb. What about indy's? The other 2 fight for the playoffs.

The afc west beats the snot out of each other. 2 teams make the playoffs

Cleveland and Baltimore aren't playoff teams. That leaves us and shitsburg
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 04:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 6-10 too many holes on both lines for me to be confident.

But would likely be the end on Marvin Lewis as the HC.
Reply/Quote
10-6

Could easily be 11-5 or with a bit of luck. 12-4.
Reply/Quote
16 games minimum..beyond that is anyones guess. I do think Cleveland is going to be a lot tougher than most people think. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I can see us imploding and going 7-9 due to a really bad OLine.

I can also see us outscoring a lot of teams handily if the Line plays just a little better than mediocre.

It all hinges on getting MIxon, Gio, & Hill going. No run game, no playoffs.

I'd cast my vote for 11-5.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
11-5, Super Bowl victory over the New Orleans Saints
Reply/Quote
With this schedule I could see 10 wins at a minimum. Not sure how far we'll go though. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Already locked in 12-4 and one and done in the Playoffs.

This Defense should be one of the best and Dalton should have fun with these weapons.

The run game should be better than last year with Hopkins at RG and Og at LT pulling with Mixon getting lots of touches.

Loving these new additions rushing the passer.
Reply/Quote
I'll go 6-10 this year with 2 losses to the Steelers and one to the Browns. Our Oline fails this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
11-5 is mine. You guys are going to compete with New England for the AFC.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin wants to stay they need to make playoffs and win a game.

He better give Mixon most of the touches at running back.

If Mixon is O rookie of the year we will have a great season.
Reply/Quote
Just opened depth chart for Sunday

Marv has Mixon listed as number three RB.

Typical marv think . If he is really number 3, expect a loss this Sunday.

Should I drop Mixon from my fantasy starting lineup?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:26 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Just opened depth chart for Sunday

Mixon will get carries and touches right from the jump I'd say, just not a lot of em. As the season goes on it'll just depend on how things play out.
Reply/Quote
I locked in at 8-8 and I'm not going to change, but winning 8 games is assuming the starters aren't going to miss more than a couple games here and there with no major injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:26 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Just opened depth chart for Sunday

This is the same guy who listed Carlos Dunlap as a backup just to keep him focused and uncomfortable. Mixon will play because marvin wants Hill to feel the heat. Plus he is going to be a beastZ.
Reply/Quote
I think 6-10 is a reasonable guess, mostly due to the offensive line situation. We'll see flashes of greatness here and there, but overall it's going to be a long, frustrating season.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 04:12 PM)packerbacker Wrote: 11-5 is mine. You guys are going to compete with New England for the AFC.

If by competing you mean literally playing within the same conference this season than yeah, I'm with you.

That said: 8-8 is my call.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:35 PM)Utts Wrote: I think 6-10 is a reasonable guess, mostly due to the offensive line situation. We'll see flashes of greatness here and there, but overall it's going to be a long, frustrating season.

Utts, have you ever predicted a winning season for the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Utts, have you ever predicted a winning season for the Bengals?

Sounds like a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway - since I have to make up for months of not logging on here.

Yes.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 05:49 PM)Utts Wrote: Sounds like a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway - since I have to make up for months of not logging on here.

Yes.

Nah, i honestly was wondering if you did.

Which season?
Reply/Quote